Windows 10: Alt key problem.

Discus and support Alt key problem. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I would like to ask about my problem with Alt key. When i write document in ms.word, Alt key in some point will get press not phisycally and disturbed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GandhiHimiko, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Alt key problem.

I would like to ask about my problem with Alt key.

When i write document in ms.word, Alt key in some point will get press not phisycally and disturbed me when i write.

Why this is happen?

Help.....

:)

GandhiHimiko, Feb 28, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 28, 2020
  3. ALT keys not working after developers update

Hello Paul,

To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Which type of Windows device are you currently using? (PC, tablet or laptop)
    • If your device has 2 Alt button, does it happen on both Alt keys on the keyboard?
    • Since you're trying to input a special character using Alt key, have you checked if the Num Lock key is activated?
    In the meantime, we recommend that you check if Sticky Keys is turned on in the Accessibility settings. Sticky Keys lets you press one key at a time for keyboard shortcuts. To check, refer to the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on the gear icon to open the Settings.
    • Click on Ease of Access.
    • On the left panel, click on Keyboard.
    • Turn off Sticky Keys.

Regile Reb, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Alt key problem.

alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Alt key problem.

1. Alt key problem. - Similar Threads - Alt key problem

2. Alt-A problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt-A problem: When I press Alt-A in Windows 10 I get a small toolbar and my mouse gets a magnifying lens attached to it. I must use Alt-A for an operation in a game but can't use it because of what I described happening to my mouse. I tried changing the game settings but can't find the...
  3. Right alt key problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right alt key problem: Whenever I use right alt + either left or right arrow to go back or forward a webpage, instead the screen flips right or left. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-alt-key-problem/3041f3d8-be1c-46be-b6bd-371a3ac14d19
  4. Right alt key problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right alt key problem: Whenever I use right alt + either left or right arrow to go back or forward a webpage, instead the screen flips right or left. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-alt-key-problem/3041f3d8-be1c-46be-b6bd-371a3ac14d19
  5. Problem With Alt Key on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem With Alt Key on Windows 11: There is an issue with my both my alt keys on my laptop. Commands such as Alt+F4, Alt+Tab and others don't work even if I try restarting my laptop. To confirm, I've went into keyboardtester.co and the program could not detect me typing Alt. I've tried turning off filter and...
  6. Problem With Alt Key on Windows 11

Problem With Alt Key on Windows 11: There is an issue with my both my alt keys on my laptop. Commands such as Alt+F4, Alt+Tab and others don't work even if I try restarting my laptop. To confirm, I've went into keyboardtester.co and the program could not detect me typing Alt. I've tried turning off filter and...
  7. Problem with Alt Key in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Alt Key in windows 11.: There is a problem with the Alt key on my laptop. The Alt+F4 shortcut did not work for me when I tried to shutdown my laptop. For conforming, I also tried another shortcut key with Alt Key, but it didn't work. Earlier today, I noticed my Alt Key wasn't working. Having issues...
  8. Problem with Alt Key in windows 11.

Problem with Alt Key in windows 11.: There is a problem with the Alt key on my laptop. The Alt+F4 shortcut did not work for me when I tried to shutdown my laptop. For conforming, I also tried another shortcut key with Alt Key, but it didn't work. Earlier today, I noticed my Alt Key wasn't working. Having issues...
  9. There is a problem with my shift, alt, and ctrl keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a problem with my shift, alt, and ctrl keys.: So here im playing this game Roblox™ and they have this mouse feature they call "shiftlock" and its activated by the shift key, but the problem im having is that its being activated by the CTRL key and another thing that annoys me is that normally you click the key once to...
  10. There is a problem with my shift, alt, and ctrl keys.

There is a problem with my shift, alt, and ctrl keys.: So here im playing this game Roblox™ and they have this mouse feature they call "shiftlock" and its activated by the shift key, but the problem im having is that its being activated by the CTRL key and another thing that annoys me is that normally you click the key once to...