Windows 10: Alt key seems to get stuck since latest update (19042.985)

Discus and support Alt key seems to get stuck since latest update (19042.985) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the latest Windows update (build 19042.985, version number 20H2) yesterday, I have had the same problem happen on two different computers. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricecrispies, May 16, 2021.

1. Alt key seems to get stuck since latest update (19042.985)

Since the latest Windows update (build 19042.985, version number 20H2) yesterday, I have had the same problem happen on two different computers. In both cases, the Alt key seems to get stuck so that, for instance, when I press Esc, I end up cycling through my windows and when I press Backspace, deleted characters are restored. Locking and then unlocking the screen seems to fix it, but I'm wondering what's going on because it's a bit annoying.

:)

ricecrispies, May 16, 2021

2. Alt Key is stuck on

my key board is stuck on alt. how do i unstick the alt key?

BELINDAGROVE, May 16, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 16, 2021
  4. Alt key seems to get stuck since latest update (19042.985)

Alt Key is stuck on

My ALT key is stuck..It keeps turning itself on.....Please anyone with a solution?

emmanuelmireku#, May 16, 2021
Thema:

Alt key seems to get stuck since latest update (19042.985)

1. Alt key seems to get stuck since latest update (19042.985) - Similar Threads - Alt key seems

2. My key seems to be stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My key seems to be stuck: It seems like my Up Arrow key is stuck but when i checked it on some sites, it actually isnt, which is weird. For example when i click on the file search bar and type one letter, then a black border appears on one file then quickly goes to another like i was holding a key....
  3. My key seems to be stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My key seems to be stuck: It seems like my Up Arrow key is stuck but when i checked it on some sites, it actually isnt, which is weird. For example when i click on the file search bar and type one letter, then a black border appears on one file then quickly goes to another like i was holding a key....
  4. My key seems to be stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows, shift, alt, ctrl keys getting virtually stuck

Windows, shift, alt, ctrl keys getting virtually stuck: I’ve been having this problem more and more recently where my shift alt ctrl and windows keys keep virtually getting stuck. I’m not pressing the keys when this happens but they get stuck anyways. Usualy I’m able to disable this when the shift or ctrl keys get stuck by...
  6. Ctrl+Alt seems stuck, but only when I press a specific key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ctrl+Alt seems stuck, but only when I press a specific key?: I was having class online when suddenly my computer started acting very weirdly. Basically it works fine until I press 7 or 8. For some reason once I press these keys it starts acting as if I were holding Ctrl+Alt. So for example, when I press 4 it inserts £, and I cannot...
  7. It seems there is an issue with the latest update

It seems there is an issue with the latest update: Windows 10 latest update is causing mouse lag and freezing for a few seconds. Microsoft needs to fix it asap with an update. The mouse feels laggy and heavy, and there is delay between the movement and the cursor. As you can see here:...
  8. Alt-key stuck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt-key stuck: Hey all, I'm having a problem where my alt-key seems to be active all of the time. The alt key is pressed down whether or not I have a keyboard physically connected. Meaning when I use the On Screen Keyboard it displays it as pressed down. I checked and do not have...
  9. since latest update 1803 getting devicecensus errors

in Windows 10 Support
    since latest update 1803 getting devicecensus errors: Since I updated to 1803 i have been getting devicecensus.exe errors in the reliability and problem history. Have no idea where this is coming from though some people suggest that it is linked to anti-virus programs. I am running Windows Defender and Malwarebytes (paid...
  10. Win10 Requiring ctrl-alt-del Since Latest Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Requiring ctrl-alt-del Since Latest Cumulative Update: I've notice since I installed the latest cumulative update to 1803 my ASUS X53 is now requiring me to do a ctr-alt-del at powerup and after every hibernation. How do I stop Win10 from requiring this? I checked advanced options under control user passwords and this option is...