Windows 10: Alt not working

Discus and support Alt not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Alt button is not working sometimes , what happens is when I restart my Laptop then Alt work good for few days and then after few days it literally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by riship1, Sep 9, 2021.

1. riship1 Win User

Alt not working

My Alt button is not working sometimes , what happens is when I restart my Laptop then Alt work good for few days and then after few days it literally stops working, then I again have to restart my laptop to use Alt , any solution for this ?

:)

riship1, Sep 9, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 9, 2021
  3. No Alt codes working

Hello airfixalex,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Does the issue happens to all applications?
    • Please check if the NumLock is turn on. Also, try using another keyboard and check if the Alt codes are working.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 9, 2021
  4. Alt not working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 9, 2021
Thema:

Alt not working

1. Alt not working - Similar Threads - Alt working

2. Black screen with cursor what can i do i have tried alt+ctrl+del it is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor what can i do i have tried alt+ctrl+del it is not working: Please i need a solution to my laptop that is blank with cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-cursor-what-can-i-do-i-have/acc9c1ed-d2e7-4361-baaf-283774a3ec61
  3. Black screen with cursor what can i do i have tried alt+ctrl+del it is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor what can i do i have tried alt+ctrl+del it is not working: Please i need a solution to my laptop that is blank with cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-cursor-what-can-i-do-i-have/acc9c1ed-d2e7-4361-baaf-283774a3ec61
  4. Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...: I am writing a complaint that this build 22631.3447 caused problems like Many Apps Freezing so hard, I can't even CTRL+ALT+DEL or Sign Out for a few seconds! this build is a total disaster! I can't stand this issue for much longer, Please get the Microsoft Devs to rectify...
  5. Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...

Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...: I am writing a complaint that this build 22631.3447 caused problems like Many Apps Freezing so hard, I can't even CTRL+ALT+DEL or Sign Out for a few seconds! this build is a total disaster! I can't stand this issue for much longer, Please get the Microsoft Devs to rectify...
  6. Why are my Ctrl, Windows button, and Alt keys not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my Ctrl, Windows button, and Alt keys not working?: Every other key works except for those mentioned in the question above. Has anyone else experienced this issue and how do I solve it? My keyboard is perfectly fine since I tried switching with another and the keys didn't work there either....
  7. Why are my Ctrl, Windows button, and Alt keys not working?

Why are my Ctrl, Windows button, and Alt keys not working?: Every other key works except for those mentioned in the question above. Has anyone else experienced this issue and how do I solve it? My keyboard is perfectly fine since I tried switching with another and the keys didn't work there either....
  8. Alt + numbers 1-6 do not work. Alt + 7-0 work fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt + numbers 1-6 do not work. Alt + 7-0 work fine: I have had this problem for awhile and have tried every solution i can think of. I've removed and reinstalled the driversBought a new keyboardDisabled sticky keysDisabled mouse control in ease of accessRemove all instances of keyboard in device manager and restarted.Attempted...
  9. Alt + numbers 1-6 do not work. Alt + 7-0 work fine

Alt + numbers 1-6 do not work. Alt + 7-0 work fine: I have had this problem for awhile and have tried every solution i can think of. I've removed and reinstalled the driversBought a new keyboardDisabled sticky keysDisabled mouse control in ease of accessRemove all instances of keyboard in device manager and restarted.Attempted...
  10. Alt+Arrow does not work on File Explorer after Alt+Tab on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Arrow does not work on File Explorer after Alt+Tab on Windows 11: This issue is not seen on Windows 10. but found on Windows 11, File Explorer did not jump to upper level folder when I press Alt+Arrow after swiching back via Alt+Tab.I use Ctrl + L to "sellect all" the current folder path, press Ctrl+C to copy it and I DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY...