Windows 10: Alt + Number bug?

Discus and support Alt + Number bug? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Google is no help to me on this: Windows 10: I use Alt + 0176 frequently to get the degree symbol. Now it gives me é. I use two keyboard setups. ENG... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bentgen, Jan 9, 2020.

1. bentgen Win User

Alt + Number bug?

Google is no help to me on this:

Windows 10:

I use Alt + 0176 frequently to get the degree symbol. Now it gives me é. I use two keyboard setups. ENG US & ENT INTL. Both gave me the degree symbol before. Now, in the last couple of days, they give me é. I can't find anything in settings that is any help. Alt + 177 which is right next to it gives me the proper symbol, ±.

Don't tell me to use Character Map to get the symbol. I already know that and it's lame.

:)

bentgen, Jan 9, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Little Alt Code Utility

It does do that, mlee. All buttons have tooltips with the alt code and a description listed in it.

The masculine ordinal number in Spanish, Italian and Portugese? I'm not even sure what it is for ... lol

Kreij, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 9, 2020
  4. flaurens Win User

Alt + Number bug?

E50 number to contact name matching bug?

Hello,

I just got an E50 (RM-170, software V 07.36.00).

It seems to have a very irritating bug in the way numbers are matched to contacts in the 'recent calls' lists:

- an entry in the list will show the contact name *only if* the number appears only once in the contact list;

- otherwise the entry only shows the number.

This happens all the time with my well organized (synced ith my PC) contact list where 2 members of the same family typically have entries with different mobile numbers, but same landline numbers. In that case the landline number will never be matched to
    a contact name.

To me this is not a 'feature', but definitely a bug. All other (non-Nokia) phones I have owned have the much more usable behaviour of showing in the calls list the name for the first (or last - who cares) contact that matches a call number.

Is there a software update that fies this bug for the E50?

-- FL

flaurens, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Alt + Number bug?

1. Alt + Number bug? - Similar Threads - Alt Number bug

2. a bug in the alt codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a bug in the alt codes: i noticed that there is bug in using the alt codes outside microsoft apps if try to enter an alt code outside word or any other microsoft app i get a diffrent sign then the code i entered for example if i enter alt+2260 which is the alt code for the not equal sign ≠ i will...
  3. a bug in the alt codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a bug in the alt codes: i noticed that there is bug in using the alt codes outside microsoft apps if try to enter an alt code outside word or any other microsoft app i get a diffrent sign then the code i entered for example if i enter alt+2260 which is the alt code for the not equal sign ≠ i will...
  4. Alt + Tab Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt + Tab Bug: So right now, after I just updated windows because of auto update, the alt + tab shortcut is bugging, it can switch between windows like normal, but it won't display the windows that I have open and just allow me to blindly swtich windows. It used to display the windows and a...
  5. Alt-tab bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt-tab bug: since the 20h2 update every time i alt-tab some times i get the wrong panels or screens i had preview open, so if i had panel 1 open and i tap to 2 and then i tap back...instead to tap to 1 i get on tap 3.... anyone else having this kind of issue with 20h2 ? submitted by...
  6. cannot press alt key with a number

cannot press alt key with a number: i cannot press my alt key following a number in any programs, this includes a game where i need to press an alt key with a number for keybinding purposes, anyone know why this is or potential fixes. submitted by /u/leo14770 [link] [comments]...
  7. Bug with alt+tab?

Bug with alt+tab?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Due_Entrance_9883 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/irck9l/bug_with_alttab/
  8. Cortana alt-tab bug

Cortana alt-tab bug: Yes it is a good news that Cortana is now shipped as if it is a separate application but please do not include it in the alt tab process. It just makes the workflow slower because Cortana is supposed to open or show up only when triggered but not as part of the main...
  9. Microsoft Family Safety Bug (ALT + F4) (ALT + TAB)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Safety Bug (ALT + F4) (ALT + TAB): The problem mentioned in the attached locked thread still exists - pressing alt+tab enables using of compter after it locks up. I do not manage to prevent using alt-tab via win10 monitoring. Please help ASAP. Without the ability to set screen time limits -l MS Family is...
  10. Alt+Number displays wrong symbols

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt+Number displays wrong symbols: Hi, I've just discovered that my ALT symbols don't work correctly. For instance ALT+156 on the right hand keypad (which should produce the Pound sign) now yields ♠ - and so on ALT+157 = •, ALT+158 = ◘ etc. Can somebody help me? (it doesn't matter whether I type the "+" as...