Windows 10: Alt + Tab and other shortcuts intermittently not working

Discus and support Alt + Tab and other shortcuts intermittently not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an intermittent problem with my work surface pro laptop. Every few days shortcut keys using the ‘Alt’ or ‘Windows key’ will stop. This has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HughS..., Mar 6, 2020.

1. HughS... Win User

Alt + Tab and other shortcuts intermittently not working

I have an intermittent problem with my work surface pro laptop.

Every few days shortcut keys using the ‘Alt’ or ‘Windows key’ will stop. This has always resolved spontaneously, sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after several reboots and a lot of time wasted!

Shortcuts behave as if the Alt or Windows key are not being pressed e.g. ‘Alt + Tab’ becomes just ‘Tab’, ‘Win Key + d’ becomes just ‘d’.

I’m limited in what I can do on this work machine, e.g. I don’t have permission to update drivers, but I’ve got our IT support to do so: this might have solve things for a few days, but with an intermittent problem like this who can say!

Anything that could help me diagnose or fix this problem would be great.

Thanks.

:)

HughS..., Mar 6, 2020

2. alt + tab not working

*Confused Alt + Tab and other shortcuts intermittently not working :confused: I can alt tab back even if i don't have another program to switch too.

spearman914, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Polarman Win User
    alt + tab not working

Alt-Tabbing in & out of games does not always work. It can also crash games in some cases.

Polarman, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Alt + Tab and other shortcuts intermittently not working

alt + tab not working

Alt+Tab only works if there is something in the background to switch to. If there is nothing to switch to (the game that has focus is the only thing running), the command isn't executed.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Alt + Tab and other shortcuts intermittently not working

1. Alt + Tab and other shortcuts intermittently not working - Similar Threads - Alt Tab shortcuts

2. Alt Tab is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt Tab is not working.: I've been trying to use alt tab to switch specific screens, but instead, the screen just highlights different aspects of the web browser or program I'm using at the moment. I've already. I've already updated to the latest version of Windows. I've restarted my pc, unplugged...
  3. Alt Tab is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt Tab is not working.: I've been trying to use alt tab to switch specific screens, but instead, the screen just highlights different aspects of the web browser or program I'm using at the moment. I've already. I've already updated to the latest version of Windows. I've restarted my pc, unplugged...
  4. ALT + TAB Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ALT + TAB Not Working: Oddělit od tohoto vlákna. Having the same problem on my notebook. Windows pop-up not working and alt+tab not working also. Does not work on my notebook keyboard and on connected keyboard as well...Tried all methods here and none helped....
  5. LAST USED WINDOW SHORTCUT ? not ALT-TAB BUT

in Windows 10 Support
    LAST USED WINDOW SHORTCUT ? not ALT-TAB BUT: Anyone know how to make widows go to the last used window. Alt tab only works between apps. often in outlook I want to flip between the open dialog of a new contact and back to it or I want to go between tabs in browsers. ALT TAB is only good sometimes. It would be nice to...
  6. Alt-tab switching intermittently stops working

Alt-tab switching intermittently stops working: Hi All, I have what looks like a weird driver issue with my keyboard. Alt-tab switching intermittently stops working in Windows 10. Sometimes this happens after the computer wakes up from sleep, but sometimes simply after some time has passed. The keyboard keeps working...
  7. alt tab not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    alt tab not working: When i try to alt tab it doesnt work, and i hear a beep after i press it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-working/64c4fba0-5b02-4247-a380-85dbfd891888
  8. Alt-Tab Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt-Tab Not Working: Hello, I am using windows 10. Till now the Alt-Tab Feature of windows was working fine but today suddenly it stopped working. I Searched and found out that adding a registry would work so I opened registry editor and added a registry named AltTabSettings with value 1 in...
  9. Alt tab shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt tab shortcut not working: just recently i tried holding down alt and tab which i had done minutes ago and it just instantly switched to the other window instead of popping up a overlay which shows all the windows. How do i fix this? submitted by /u/Arlojmikk [link] [comments]...
  10. Alt-Tab is working, but other alt combinations not working.

Alt-Tab is working, but other alt combinations not working.: When i try to use left alt+z to open nvidia in game control panel, it doesnt work. It doesn't work for other left alt combinations as well which I can't do using right alt. Only combination that works is alt+tab. That's why i think it's not keyboard issue, otherwise alt-tab...