Windows 10: Alt+TAB back into video game. Can't use any ability's. Please help.

Discus and support Alt+TAB back into video game. Can't use any ability's. Please help. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I've noticed that in different video games like league of legends for example. When I alt tab out of game then to back in sometimes I can't use any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/drinkykitten, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Alt+TAB back into video game. Can't use any ability's. Please help.

So I've noticed that in different video games like league of legends for example. When I alt tab out of game then to back in sometimes I can't use any of my abilitys with the keyboard Q, W, E, R and the number keys but typing in game chat works fine. This seems to happen in other games too. I have noticed sometimes if I CTRL+ALT+DELETE and open task manager it fixes the problem but if I alt tab out and back into game it stops working again. Does anyone know what might be causing the issue and how I can fix the problem? Happens in fullscreen and borderless window mode.

submitted by /u/drinkykitten
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/drinkykitten, Mar 29, 2020

2. Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.

Hi Simon,

The multitasking capability of a game depends on the total memory of your computer. If you have large amounts of RAM on your computer, it can multitask heavy programs easily like high-end games. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution
    for your concerns with the alt-tab function, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Have you pressed the alt-tab key during you play Rainbow Six Siege? Or it just happen without pressing it?
    • Does the automatic ALT-TAB behavior happens on other games?
    • Do you have any other programs running on your computer while playing?
    • What is the anti-virus program you're using?
    • What is your device or system specifications? To know, follow these steps:
      1. Press Windows + S and type
        About your PC
      2. Send us the information listed under Device specifications.

Moving forward, if you're multitasking while playing, we recommend that you play this game only without doing other tasks. Pressing ALT-TAB or performing a multitasking interferes with the performance of your video card, especially if you're running a heavy
    game like Rainbow Six Siege. It will generate screen viewing issues like intermittently switching your game screen between your desktop environment.

For now, restart your game and do not press ALT+TAB while playing. This will allow your video card to dedicate its graphics performance on the game only instead of your desktop environment.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Game Errors because can't press ALT+TAB

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will surely assist you to rectify the issue.

The “Alt+Tab” key is used to toggle between different programs as well as multiple Windows of same program. I suggest you to use “Alt+Enter”
    put the game into full screen.

As a work around, I suggest you to adjust the screen resolution for the game in compatible with the monitor resolution and restart the game and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Alt+TAB back into video game. Can't use any ability's. Please help.

alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

Alt+TAB back into video game. Can't use any ability's. Please help. Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Alt+TAB back into video game. Can't use any ability's. Please help.

1. Alt+TAB back into video game. Can't use any ability's. Please help. - Similar Threads - Alt+TAB video game

2. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game alt + tab lag: hello,I have this reoccurring issue with most, if not all, games on my pc. When I have a full screen game open and try to alt + tab into\out of the game the screen goes dark for a few seconds 2-3 usually and then goes through with the action. Any sounds active during that...
  3. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game alt + tab lag: hello,I have this reoccurring issue with most, if not all, games on my pc. When I have a full screen game open and try to alt + tab into\out of the game the screen goes dark for a few seconds 2-3 usually and then goes through with the action. Any sounds active during that...
  4. Alt-Tab is buggy in Windows 10 - please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt-Tab is buggy in Windows 10 - please help: I have been using alt-tab for decades. I am recently experiencing a strange issue where I cannot see all the applications/windows that are actually open when I use alt-tab. 1 Here is what I can access using Alt-tab on my computer right now - I can switch to any of the 5...
  5. Alt-Tab is buggy in Windows 10 - please help

Alt-Tab is buggy in Windows 10 - please help: I have been using alt-tab for decades. I am recently experiencing a strange issue where I cannot see all the applications/windows that are actually open when I use alt-tab. 1 Here is what I can access using Alt-tab on my computer right now - I can switch to any of the 5...
  6. Alt-Tab is buggy in Windows 10 - please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Black screen when using ALT + TAB in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when using ALT + TAB in games: I've just freshly installed Windows 10 on my PC, but for some reason when I play games and switch apps using ALT + TAB it shows a black screen for few seconds. Is there a fix for that?My specs:i5 3570kGTX 1050 2gb12gb ram...
  8. Black screen when using ALT + TAB in games

Black screen when using ALT + TAB in games: I've just freshly installed Windows 10 on my PC, but for some reason when I play games and switch apps using ALT + TAB it shows a black screen for few seconds. Is there a fix for that?My specs:i5 3570kGTX 1050 2gb12gb ram...
  9. Game crashing coming back from Alt+tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game crashing coming back from Alt+tab: So as title says, before newest windows10 update (2004) game (Star Citizen) was running fine. Hours and hours gaming and streaming, no crash problems. Now after 10 minutes the game crash when i come BACK from alt+tab. Windows updated, Nvidia drivers updated, game on SSD....
  10. Can't tab back into games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't tab back into games: Hi, I'm having an issue where I launch a game, it opens briefly, then goes back to desktop. The game is still running in the background --> I try to tab back into the game --> the screen goes dark and the game shows for a second --> then it goes back to desktop I can't...