Windows 10: ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view

Discus and support ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; how to change the look of ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view? [img] I use ssd. and i want to turn on delayed startup. is it good or bad? 106661 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Adityar, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Adityar Win User

ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view

how to change the look of ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view?
    ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view [​IMG]

I use ssd. and i want to turn on delayed startup. is it good or bad?

:)

Adityar, Mar 23, 2018
  2. RHMNSHN Win User

Alternative for Cmd + Tab + Q

Hi,

In Mac, you can open the equivalent to Windows Task view by pressing and holding Cmd, and then pressing Tab.

In Windows, you press and hold Alt + Tab to open Windows Task view (press and hold Alt, then press Tab, but I'll call this "press and hold Alt + tab" for clarity's sake).

Now, in Mac, when Task view is open (Cmd + Tab), you can press Q to close the (in Task view) highlighted application.

My question: is there an alternative to that in Windows?

Question reformulated: if I press and hold Alt + Tab to open Task view, can I then press another, third key, to close the highlighted application (while remaining in Task view)?

PS: I know I can use Alt + F4 to close an application, but this doesn't work to close an application while in Task view.

RHMNSHN, Mar 23, 2018
  3. Desktop flashes, taskbar & menu frozen

What does that mean? Once? Repeatedly?

Except for that symptom what I have found useful for "stuck Start" is Task View (i.e., Win-Tab or swipe from the left -- assuming there are tasks to show there of course.) Alternatively, try creating another Desktop (e.g. press Win-Ctrl-d) and see if you
    have better luck in there with it. Use Ctrl-Esc if you think the Win- key is getting overloaded or ignored somehow.

FWIW sometimes Task View (as well as Alt-Tab) takes an inexplicably long time to show, so be patient and don't try to add to its queue of commands. Since pressing and holding Alt- can get tiring I prefer Task View to the Alt-Tab view. ; )

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Mar 23, 2018
  4. ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view

There aren't direct settings in Windows to change its default shortcuts. You would need to use a tool such as this one to program a custom shortcut: AutoHotkey

You can turn on delayed startup if you choose.

Masterchiefxx17, Mar 24, 2018
  5. Adityar Win User
    can I change it through the registry without having to install software?

Adityar, Mar 24, 2018
  6. Not that I know of. Autohotkey is a safe and powerful tool that you can use.

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view

1. ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view - Similar Threads - ALT TAB Become

2. Alt + TAB and Windows Task View not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt + TAB and Windows Task View not working: HelloAfter a recent update Windows Insider Preview 23451.1000 ni_prerelease, the following started to happen:Task View button stopped working.Once I press Task View, the Alt+Tab does not work either.If I kill the Explorer task and restart it, it works. But once I press Task...
  3. Alt + TAB and Windows Task View not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt + TAB and Windows Task View not working: HelloAfter a recent update Windows Insider Preview 23451.1000 ni_prerelease, the following started to happen:Task View button stopped working.Once I press Task View, the Alt+Tab does not work either.If I kill the Explorer task and restart it, it works. But once I press Task...
  4. Task view "ALT+TAB problem"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task view "ALT+TAB problem": Hello,Please tell me how can I deactivate Task View, or tell me how can I make CTRL+TAB switch between programs and not open all the recent stufftask view I don't want to open or keep track off....Sorry if I seem a little blunt, I have been trying to fix this for some days...
  5. Task view "ALT+TAB problem"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task view "ALT+TAB problem": Hello,Please tell me how can I deactivate Task View, or tell me how can I make CTRL+TAB switch between programs and not open all the recent stufftask view I don't want to open or keep track off....Sorry if I seem a little blunt, I have been trying to fix this for some days...
  6. Task view "ALT+TAB problem"

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. window alt+ tab task view is on full screen

window alt+ tab task view is on full screen: Before i click all the funtion key on my laptop f1-f12 when im on valorant, after that i noticed that my alt+tab task view is showing on fullscreen on the app that i use usually the task view is showing with minimize window with black home screen does someone know why is it...
  8. Win + Tab doesn't open task view anymore

Win + Tab doesn't open task view anymore: I think I pressed a combination of buttons on accident and now my win + tab shortcut selects things. How to I switch it back to task view?...
  9. Disable Win + Tab Task View Window Animation

Disable Win + Tab Task View Window Animation: So you can turn off the "sliding" animation when switching between Virtual desktops when unchecking "Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing" in the Performance Options; this prevents you from seeing any animations when you switch between virtual desktops. However,...
  10. Customize Task View, Alt-Tab and Snap Assist

Customize Task View, Alt-Tab and Snap Assist: Would you like smaller, XP style thumbnails and be able to see whats on the desktop while in Task View? Check out this exhaustive list of registry tweaks: [Windows 10 Tip] Registry Tweaks to Customize UI of Alt+Tab, Task View and Snap Assistant Screens - AskVG Follow...