Windows 10: Alt tab breaking applications

Discus and support Alt tab breaking applications in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried to play srb2 today, but alt-tab would break the game. And my start menu won't work, as well as explorer. And right-click. Please can someone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thesonicfan192., May 25, 2021.

1. Alt tab breaking applications

I tried to play srb2 today, but alt-tab would break the game. And my start menu won't work, as well as explorer. And right-click. Please can someone help me with this?

:)

Thesonicfan192., May 25, 2021

2. Alt+Tab to swith between different applications

I used Alt+Tab to swith between different applications. Post Windows 10, I have to press Enter to select that app from the popup window. How can this additional step be avoided?

anupnair15, May 25, 2021
  3. eddyq Win User
    Alt/Tab has changed

I recently upgraded from W7 to W10. On W7 alt/tab would expand each open application window such that they were full size when alt/tab'd or mouse'd over to it. But on W10 they do not show full size unless you bring the app into focus by releasing alt/tab. I suspect MS did that because on W7 they had a bug whereby the list of open icons would fall behind current windows. But that was fixed with with a 3rd party app (AltTabFixOnce.exe).

Does anyone know how to get back the W7 form of alt/tab?

Eddy

eddyq, May 25, 2021
  4. GAS
    Gas Win User

Alt tab breaking applications

Alt/Tab has changed

Hello, here is a list of all keyboard shortcuts in W10:
    Keyboard shortcuts - Windows Help

I think it will be very useful to you.

Thema:

Alt tab breaking applications

1. Alt tab breaking applications - Similar Threads - Alt tab breaking

2. alt+tab is different with each application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alt+tab is different with each application: why do some apps alt+tab differently than others? for example last night i was playing game Watch_Dogs, and i use the alt+tab it brings up the old UI with the icons.but when i alt+tab in Edge/Steam/Microsoft Word, it came normal using Windows 11 alt+tab UIwhat happened?...
  3. alt+tab is different with each application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alt+tab is different with each application: why do some apps alt+tab differently than others? for example last night i was playing game Watch_Dogs, and i use the alt+tab it brings up the old UI with the icons.but when i alt+tab in Edge/Steam/Microsoft Word, it came normal using Windows 11 alt+tab UIwhat happened?...
  4. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: Hai.While using the Alt+Tab feature, I would like to hide certain windows from appearing in it. Because, I use two screens for multi tasking and have certain windows idly open. This makes the Alt+tab too clumsy and difficult to choose the app that I need. Any suggestions...
  5. Alt+Tab

Alt+Tab: Hai.While using the Alt+Tab feature, I would like to hide certain windows from appearing in it. Because, I use two screens for multi tasking and have certain windows idly open. This makes the Alt+tab too clumsy and difficult to choose the app that I need. Any suggestions...
  6. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  7. Alt+Tab

Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  8. ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list: On my Windows 11 installation when I use ALT+TAB to switch between open applications I weirdly also get the taskbar listed as an open application:When I try to close it the taskbar application i get the following shutdown screen:...
  9. ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list

ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list: On my Windows 11 installation when I use ALT+TAB to switch between open applications I weirdly also get the taskbar listed as an open application:When I try to close it the taskbar application i get the following shutdown screen:...
  10. Windows+shift+arrow and alt+tab break my computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows+shift+arrow and alt+tab break my computer.: So normally, up until this moment specifically, moving application windows around my two monitors with the windows key+shift+left or right arrow, has always worked fine. Suddenly it now takes away the ability for me to interact with anything on either monitor with my mouse....