Windows 10: Alt + Tab crashes Windows Explorer

Discus and support Alt + Tab crashes Windows Explorer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since oneweek my Windows Explorer crashes when I make Alt + Tab. The eventlog shows the following message: Application:explorer.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FranzMaier2, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Alt + Tab crashes Windows Explorer

Since oneweek my Windows Explorer crashes when I make Alt + Tab.

The eventlog shows the following message:

Application:explorer.exe

Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319

Description:The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exceptioninformation: Exception code c00000fd, exception address 00007FFB9B2842E8

Event ID = 1026

Latestchange had been to the latest Nvida driver and change from Office 2019 to O365.

I tried reinstallingWindows 10 with keeping data and apps this did not helped. I also run thelatest updated from this week.

I alsotried sfc /scannow

Alt Tab isworking when switching to the old Alt Tab by <nowiki>HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

With DWORDis AltTabSettings = 1

:)

FranzMaier2, Feb 5, 2021
  2. Polarman Win User

alt + tab not working

Alt-Tabbing in & out of games does not always work. It can also crash games in some cases.

Polarman, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Alt + Tab = Crash

Good evening,

It appears that Windows 10 keeps crashing whenever I Alt + Tab out of a game and then attempt to go back in. When I Alt + Tab back in I'm met with a black screen. Then Windows 10 freeze and I can't do anything.

Steps to reproduce:

(1) Start game

(2) Alt + Tab out

(3) Do whatever in Windows 10

(4) Alt + Tab back in

>>>Black screen

(5a) Ctrl + Alt + Delete to end process of game

(6a) No clickable buttons in Windows 10 (can't even shut down)

(5b) Ctrl + Alt + Delete

(6b) Shut down (just spins indefinitely and doesn't actually shut down)

This is a on a brand new copy of Windows 10 (not an upgrade). My current specifications are below:

-MSI SLI Plus X99 Motherboard

-16 GBs 2800 MHz RAM

-2x NVIDIA Titan X GPUs

-512 GB M2 SSD

-1600w EVGA PSU

Please advise on what is happening and if this will be fixed soon.

David_Compart, Feb 5, 2021
  4. RCoon Win User

Alt + Tab crashes Windows Explorer

alt tabbing increases system performance?

Skyrim doesnt work correctly you alt tab, but if you alt tab to it again while the screen is black, it loads up with the windows cursor over the top. If i repeatedly do this, eventually it fullscreens properly without issues. Slightly weird.

RCoon, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Alt + Tab crashes Windows Explorer

1. Alt + Tab crashes Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Alt Tab crashes

2. Window Explorer crashing on add tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window Explorer crashing on add tab: hi, pls have a look https://prnt.sc/lJj9SPlDjboR I am on window 11 I have run the most recent updateevery time I try to add a tab it crashes, I have done all what I have found on the internet about this issue but nothing solved it.What to do?Thank you...
  3. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: Hai.While using the Alt+Tab feature, I would like to hide certain windows from appearing in it. Because, I use two screens for multi tasking and have certain windows idly open. This makes the Alt+tab too clumsy and difficult to choose the app that I need. Any suggestions...
  4. Alt+Tab

Alt+Tab: Hai.While using the Alt+Tab feature, I would like to hide certain windows from appearing in it. Because, I use two screens for multi tasking and have certain windows idly open. This makes the Alt+tab too clumsy and difficult to choose the app that I need. Any suggestions...
  5. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  6. Alt+Tab

Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  7. alt+tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    alt+tab: when i alt+tab it use to show previews but then all of a sudden it stopped. i don't exactly remember when it stopped but it doesn't show previews only icons submitted by /u/venusarr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jpfjbx/alttab/
  8. Explorer crashing every alt tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer crashing every alt tab: Hi, My explorer.exe keeps crashing every time I Alt+tab. Due to the attached event-log I've narrowed it down to the display driver, but I cannot seem to get rid of it. I've tried uninstalling the displaydriver with DDU and then reinstalling different version of the graphics...
  9. Since 2004, explorer crashes on alt-tab

Since 2004, explorer crashes on alt-tab: Hi, I have a problem now since updating to May 2004 Update, which is that the explorer frequently crashes when alt-tabbing between processes. I had this problem one or two years ago already and essentially fixed it by checking the option to run each window in its own process...
  10. Alt+Tab

Alt+Tab: How can I remap Alt+Tab to a single key like the Fn Key. I came from Linux Mint with Gnome Desktop and accessing all my open tabs was one key away. How can I replicate this time-saving feature on Windows 10? submitted by /u/luke__7 [link] [comments]...