Windows 10: alt tab doesn't toggle

Discus and support alt tab doesn't toggle in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Never had this issue: when i alt tab to something, it doesn't toggle. Or clicking on icon on taskbar doesn't bring that up. While start menu experience... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by empleat, Oct 7, 2019.

1. empleat Win User

alt tab doesn't toggle

Never had this issue: when i alt tab to something, it doesn't toggle. Or clicking on icon on taskbar doesn't bring that up. While start menu experience host is running. Also when i bring up pop out window from chrome and want alt tab back to main window - main window isn't showing, but maybe is more of a chrome issue, i don't know. Sometimes i also alt tab and mouse cursor disappear, it is like i would be alt tabbed to that window, but i still see old window from which i alt tabbed.

:)

empleat, Oct 7, 2019
  2. PK001 Win User

Alt-Tab does not toggle in Windows-10

Hi, After the update was applied to Windows 10 on 5th April 2017, the Alt-Tab does not toggle between different windows. When I do Alt-Tab, it shows in the middle of the screen the the various open windows (the way it always does). But when I release the
    Alt-Tab, the earlier application remains on top. So the toggle is not working. To make things worse, even if I click on the application icon on the bottom task bar (of the application which is already open), it still does not toggle to that application. The
    only way to toggle is - minimize all applications and then click on the icon on bottom task bar. This is becoming big pain!!!! Can anyone help please?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

PK001, Oct 7, 2019
  3. pchelp Win User
    Alt + Tab in Windows 10 does not Toggle to Previous Screen

Well, it's never worked that way with me and I'm glad it doesn't. Yes, most of the time when I want to 'toggle' I want to toggle between 2 screens-but I don't want to be stuck with only those screens. If I want to toggle between 2 screens I'll use Alt+Tab for one direction & Alt+BackTab for the other.

pchelp, Oct 7, 2019
  4. GoHawks7 Win User

alt tab doesn't toggle

Alt + Tab in Windows 10 does not Toggle to Previous Screen

Since switching to Windows 10, Alt + Tab does not toggle to previous screen in a number of case, i.e. you have to hit Alt + Tab twice to go to the previous screen or go through the thumbnail screens. It sounds small but being able to toggle to the previous screen by hitting Alt + Tab saves me lots of time. I would appreciate any help someone can give me to return to the previous functionality of earlier Windows systems.

GoHawks7, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

alt tab doesn't toggle

1. alt tab doesn't toggle - Similar Threads - alt tab doesn't

2. How To Start Alt+Tab Toggling Through Edge Tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Start Alt+Tab Toggling Through Edge Tabs: When using the alt+tab I can only change through open apps. I use many tabs in Edge and would like to alt tab through them to make my workload smoother. I also found that when looking at the multitasking setup drop down there is no selection with Edge attached to it. I also...
  3. How To Start Alt+Tab Toggling Through Edge Tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Start Alt+Tab Toggling Through Edge Tabs: When using the alt+tab I can only change through open apps. I use many tabs in Edge and would like to alt tab through them to make my workload smoother. I also found that when looking at the multitasking setup drop down there is no selection with Edge attached to it. I also...
  4. How To Start Alt+Tab Toggling Through Edge Tabs

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Alt + Tab key not working to toggle between screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt + Tab key not working to toggle between screens: I have tried a lots of steps on my Windows 11 like:- Checking for updated- Regeid and others on forum but my alt+tab is not working to switch between 2 files/apps/browsers etc. when they are open.If anyone can help?...
  6. Alt + Tab key not working to toggle between screens

Alt + Tab key not working to toggle between screens: I have tried a lots of steps on my Windows 11 like:- Checking for updated- Regeid and others on forum but my alt+tab is not working to switch between 2 files/apps/browsers etc. when they are open.If anyone can help?...
  7. Prevent Alt Tab From Toggling Through Edge Tabs

Prevent Alt Tab From Toggling Through Edge Tabs: When I use Alt + Tab, I want it to just toggle through the apps I have open, but not include the tabs that are open in Edge. How do I change this to just toggle open apps? I thought older versions of Edge had a setting to turn this on or off, but I'm not seeing this in...
  8. Prevent Alt Tab From Toggling Through Edge Tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Alt Tab From Toggling Through Edge Tabs: When I use Alt + Tab, I want it to just toggle through the apps I have open, but not include the tabs that are open in Edge. How do I change this to just toggle open apps? I thought older versions of Edge had a setting to turn this on or off, but I'm not seeing this in...
  9. Alt + Tab in Windows 10 does not Toggle to Previous Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt + Tab in Windows 10 does not Toggle to Previous Screen: Since switching to Windows 10, Alt + Tab does not toggle to previous screen in a number of case, i.e. you have to hit Alt + Tab twice to go to the previous screen or go through the thumbnail screens. It sounds small but being able to toggle to the previous screen by hitting...
  10. ALT+TAB doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Support
    ALT+TAB doesn't work.: So, my alt tab does not really work. It temporarily freezes my computer and or/ becomes unresponsive for a short period of time. I alt tab and it shows the tabs that I can go into, but it stops from there. Then it proceeds to reload my desktop and task bar, and then the alt...