Windows 10: Alt+tab doesn't work all of the sudden!

Discus and support Alt+tab doesn't work all of the sudden! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, alt+tab stopped working. I can alt+tab outside of a game, but I can't alt+tab back. Also when I click on panel it doesn't alt+tab back, game is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by empleat, Jul 18, 2021.

1. empleat Win User

Alt+tab doesn't work all of the sudden!

Hey, alt+tab stopped working. I can alt+tab outside of a game, but I can't alt+tab back. Also when I click on panel it doesn't alt+tab back, game is responding tho - I mean in task manager. Same happens even for some 2d programs. I can't bring it up by alt+tab, or clicking on taskbar. - SFC/DISM found nothing! - no new updates were installed - I tried to clean install GPU drivers using DDU - memtest found nothing 4 pass only tho, also Windows Memory Diagnostic found nothing How perplexing, anyone has idea what could cause this and focus assist is off!

:)

empleat, Jul 18, 2021

2. alt + tab not working

*Confused Alt+tab doesn't work all of the sudden! :confused: I can alt tab back even if i don't have another program to switch too.

spearman914, Jul 18, 2021
  3. Polarman Win User
    alt + tab not working

Alt-Tabbing in & out of games does not always work. It can also crash games in some cases.

Polarman, Jul 18, 2021
  4. Alt+tab doesn't work all of the sudden!

alt + tab not working

Alt+Tab only works if there is something in the background to switch to. If there is nothing to switch to (the game that has focus is the only thing running), the command isn't executed.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

Alt+tab doesn't work all of the sudden!

1. Alt+tab doesn't work all of the sudden! - Similar Threads - Alt+tab doesn't sudden

2. Alt+Tab not working at all

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt+Tab not working at all: I'm not even sure when this started but for whatever reason, I cant use Alt+Tab I googled some solutions Like these for example but none of them worked the closet thing is pressing Alt+Ctrl+Tab but I want the original way back and this is a new Laptop purchased it New from...
  3. All alt codes doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    All alt codes doesn't work: I am trying to add some special characters using alt codes on my laptop running Windows 10. None of the codes work. I tried random alt codes to see if the problem was the specific characters and none of them work. I am using an external numpad because my laptop doesn't...
  4. alt tab not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    alt tab not working: When i try to alt tab it doesnt work, and i hear a beep after i press it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-working/64c4fba0-5b02-4247-a380-85dbfd891888
  5. alt tab doesn't toggle

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab doesn't toggle: Never had this issue: when i alt tab to something, it doesn't toggle. Or clicking on icon on taskbar doesn't bring that up. While start menu experience host is running. Also when i bring up pop out window from chrome and want alt tab back to main window - main window isn't...
  6. Alt tab doesn't work in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt tab doesn't work in Windows 10: In order to switch between apps in windows 10 you have to do a double alt+tab. Single Alt+tab takes you to the same app. WHAT CRAP is this. 113752
  7. Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10: In Windows 7 and before Alt+Tab switched between applications. Now Alt+Tab flashes screen and stays on the app. Have to do Alt+Tab twice to change. 113483
  8. All of a sudden control alt delete doesn't work ?

in Windows 10 Support
    All of a sudden control alt delete doesn't work ?: Any idea what causes this ? Really strange . Works for a while then all of a sudden I get the message stating it doesn't work and hit escape ? 5810
  9. Alt+Tab not working at all

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alt+Tab not working at all: I can't get Alt+Tab to function. Win+Tab works fine, as does Left-Alt+Right-Alt+Tab. But I need Alt+Tab for a lot of the multi-tasking I do, and Win+Tab just doesn't cut it. I've checked in settings, and the Alt+Tab option in there is set to "Only the Desktop I'm Using";...
  10. ALT+TAB doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Support
    ALT+TAB doesn't work.: So, my alt tab does not really work. It temporarily freezes my computer and or/ becomes unresponsive for a short period of time. I alt tab and it shows the tabs that I can go into, but it stops from there. Then it proceeds to reload my desktop and task bar, and then the alt...