Windows 10: Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10

Discus and support Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows 7 and before Alt+Tab switched between applications. Now Alt+Tab flashes screen and stays on the app. Have to do Alt+Tab twice to change.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by otuatail, Jul 5, 2018.

1. otuatail Win User

Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10

In Windows 7 and before Alt+Tab switched between applications. Now Alt+Tab flashes screen and stays on the app. Have to do Alt+Tab twice to change.

:)

otuatail, Jul 5, 2018

2. alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10 Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Nov 11, 2018
  3. mrhuggles Win User
    alt + tab not working

i always just use the windows key to get back to the desktop [pops up the start dealy, doesn't need anything to alt+tab to]

mrhuggles, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10

alt + tab not working

*Confused Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10 :confused: I can alt tab back even if i don't have another program to switch too.

spearman914, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10

1. Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Alt Tab doesn't

2. Alt+tab doesn't work all of the sudden!

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt+tab doesn't work all of the sudden!: Hey, alt+tab stopped working. I can alt+tab outside of a game, but I can't alt+tab back. Also when I click on panel it doesn't alt+tab back, game is responding tho - I mean in task manager. Same happens even for some 2d programs. I can't bring it up by alt+tab, or clicking on...
  3. Alt+Tab / window switching sometimes doesn't work?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt+Tab / window switching sometimes doesn't work?: As per GIF below, sometimes after resuming from sleep, alt+tab / window switching stops working. the only ways for it to work are: 1. win+D to go desktop first, then go to app (and I have to repeat it every time I switch apps) 2. OR restart the PC I tried restarting just...
  4. Taskbar icons gone + alt tab doesn't work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar icons gone + alt tab doesn't work.: Hello Everyone, I've recently encountered a situation in which none of my taskbar icons are displayed, I can't click the windows icon or task view in the bottom left and Alt + Tab doesn't work either. Win + Tab used to work but now it doesn't. I attempted following this...
  5. alt tab not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    alt tab not working: When i try to alt tab it doesnt work, and i hear a beep after i press it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-working/64c4fba0-5b02-4247-a380-85dbfd891888
  6. Alt-Tab Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt-Tab Not Working: Hello, I am using windows 10. Till now the Alt-Tab Feature of windows was working fine but today suddenly it stopped working. I Searched and found out that adding a registry would work so I opened registry editor and added a registry named AltTabSettings with value 1 in...
  7. alt tab doesn't toggle

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab doesn't toggle: Never had this issue: when i alt tab to something, it doesn't toggle. Or clicking on icon on taskbar doesn't bring that up. While start menu experience host is running. Also when i bring up pop out window from chrome and want alt tab back to main window - main window isn't...
  8. Alt+Tab is not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt+Tab is not working on Windows 10: Dear MS, I have Dell Latitude and found that ALT+TAB doesn't work, which is most important in my work. I access VPN to connect and to connect to the my desktop i have to use CTRL+ALT+DEL to connect to Task Manager and then i use my desktop. As ALT key is not being use...
  9. Alt tab doesn't work in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt tab doesn't work in Windows 10: In order to switch between apps in windows 10 you have to do a double alt+tab. Single Alt+tab takes you to the same app. WHAT CRAP is this. 113752
  10. ALT+TAB doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Support
    ALT+TAB doesn't work.: So, my alt tab does not really work. It temporarily freezes my computer and or/ becomes unresponsive for a short period of time. I alt tab and it shows the tabs that I can go into, but it stops from there. Then it proceeds to reload my desktop and task bar, and then the alt...