Windows 10: Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10

Discus and support Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows 7 and before Alt+Tab switched between applications. Now Alt+Tab flashes screen and stays on the app. Have to do Alt+Tab twice to change.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by otuatail, Jul 5, 2018.

1. otuatail Win User

Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10

In Windows 7 and before Alt+Tab switched between applications. Now Alt+Tab flashes screen and stays on the app. Have to do Alt+Tab twice to change.

:)

otuatail, Jul 5, 2018

2. alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10 Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Nov 11, 2018
  3. mrhuggles Win User
    alt + tab not working

i always just use the windows key to get back to the desktop [pops up the start dealy, doesn't need anything to alt+tab to]

mrhuggles, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10

alt + tab not working

*Confused Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10 :confused: I can alt tab back even if i don't have another program to switch too.

spearman914, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10

1. Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Alt Tab doesn't

2. Alt+Tab doesn’t work in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt+Tab doesn’t work in Windows 10: It is a real problem that I cannot use Alt+Tab when I play games with Window borderless. I cannot bring the taskbar up. Can Microsoft return this shortcut to the way it used to work on Windows 7?...
  3. alt-tab stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    alt-tab stopped working: So my alt-tab function just stopped working. I've had this computer with Windows10 for over 3 years, bought it new with Windows 10. Worked fine until a few weeks ago... Windows update????????? Any help would be appreciated 116996
  4. Alt-Tab is working, but other alt combinations not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt-Tab is working, but other alt combinations not working.: When i try to use left alt+z to open nvidia in game control panel, it doesnt work. It doesn't work for other left alt combinations as well which I can't do using right alt. Only combination that works is alt+tab. That's why i think it's not keyboard issue, otherwise alt-tab...
  5. Alt tab doesn't work in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt tab doesn't work in Windows 10: In order to switch between apps in windows 10 you have to do a double alt+tab. Single Alt+tab takes you to the same app. WHAT CRAP is this. 113752
  6. Windows 10 alt-tabbing problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 alt-tabbing problems: I know Win10 has the multi desktop feature with that new button in the taskbar, but everything since Vista had an option to "alt-tab" to the Desktop (it shows up as an alt-tabbale thing alongside watever else ur running), and Windows 10 doesn't, and windows key+m doesn't...
  7. Alt+Tab not working at all

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alt+Tab not working at all: I can't get Alt+Tab to function. Win+Tab works fine, as does Left-Alt+Right-Alt+Tab. But I need Alt+Tab for a lot of the multi-tasking I do, and Win+Tab just doesn't cut it. I've checked in settings, and the Alt+Tab option in there is set to "Only the Desktop I'm Using";...
  8. alt tab (windows 10) to the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab (windows 10) to the desktop: So, just upgraded to windows 10 two days ago. Hasn’t had much time to play around with it. I have searched about all I can and can’t find a direct answer just keep finding different way to do it (which i already know). Is there a option that i have enabled to make it that my...
  9. alt+tab stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    alt+tab stopped working: I've always used alt+tab to switch between windows. For some reason it doesn't work anymore - nothing happens. The keys work individually. How do I fix this? Also, why did it stop working? Thanks. 70553
  10. ALT+TAB doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Support
    ALT+TAB doesn't work.: So, my alt tab does not really work. It temporarily freezes my computer and or/ becomes unresponsive for a short period of time. I alt tab and it shows the tabs that I can go into, but it stops from there. Then it proceeds to reload my desktop and task bar, and then the alt...