Windows 10: Alt/Tab has changed

Discus and support Alt/Tab has changed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Alt/Esc doesn't do the same thing ... it only displays the apps that are not minimized. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eddyq, Dec 5, 2015.

1. eddyq Win User

Alt/Tab has changed

Alt/Esc doesn't do the same thing ... it only displays the apps that are not minimized.

eddyq, Dec 9, 2015
  2. dalchina New Member

Hi, for what it's worth- and I assume you've searched for it- there is this. I've not tried it, and whether it exactly gives you the behaviour you're looking for you'd have to check.

Apply with due caution- back up the registry key first. Note this refers to XP, but you may find sthg similar.
    [Tip] Get Windows XP Style Classic Switcher Screen in Windows Vista and Later - AskVG

Winaero, in a much more recent article, says this:
    How to get old Alt Tab dialog in Windows 10

dalchina, Dec 9, 2015
  3. eddyq Win User
    As I said earlier, alt-esc goes through a few screens but then stops working. Also it does not show a list of applications ... it just shows the non-iconized apps.

eddyq, Dec 14, 2015
  4. eddyq Win User

Alt/Tab has changed

These get the XP style, not the W7 nor W8 styles.

eddyq, Dec 14, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    Yep, and if I recall, the last article says what you want isn't possible...

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Alt/Tab has changed

1. Alt/Tab has changed - Similar Threads - Alt Tab has

2. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: Hai.While using the Alt+Tab feature, I would like to hide certain windows from appearing in it. Because, I use two screens for multi tasking and have certain windows idly open. This makes the Alt+tab too clumsy and difficult to choose the app that I need. Any suggestions...
  3. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt+Tab: Hai.While using the Alt+Tab feature, I would like to hide certain windows from appearing in it. Because, I use two screens for multi tasking and have certain windows idly open. This makes the Alt+tab too clumsy and difficult to choose the app that I need. Any suggestions...
  4. Alt+Tab. ALT+F4 and Alt+WindowsKey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab. ALT+F4 and Alt+WindowsKey: for some reason my Alt+F4, Alt+WindowsKey and Alt+Tab have suddenly stopped working and i have no idea how to fix this... Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alttab-altf4-and-altwindowskey/6c322d80-b5a7-4ec4-90ad-2f68a3132a02
  5. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  6. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  7. [Question] Changing Alt-Tab browser

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Question] Changing Alt-Tab browser: Is it possible with the register or any script to change the browser use for the alt tab instead of microsoft edge ? submitted by /u/GG667 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k3a9d9/question_changing_alttab_browser/
  8. Alt-tab has a bug since 20H2

Alt-tab has a bug since 20H2: Hello, since 20H2 I found a bug. I use alt-tab a lot to change between the last 2 windows repeatedly. For example, I change from an Edge window to a Word document several times. After installing 20H2, I noticed MS thought it was useful to include the Edge tabs in the...
  9. alt+tab

alt+tab: when i alt+tab it use to show previews but then all of a sudden it stopped. i don't exactly remember when it stopped but it doesn't show previews only icons submitted by /u/venusarr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jpfjbx/alttab/
  10. Alt+Tab

Alt+Tab: How can I remap Alt+Tab to a single key like the Fn Key. I came from Linux Mint with Gnome Desktop and accessing all my open tabs was one key away. How can I replicate this time-saving feature on Windows 10? submitted by /u/luke__7 [link] [comments]...