Windows 10: Alt tab is doing what win +tab should, and vice versa AND alt tab wont work at all in games...

Discus and support Alt tab is doing what win +tab should, and vice versa AND alt tab wont work at all in games... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So this wasn't an issue ever but after i built this new rig about 6 months ago randomly it stopped letting alt tab tab out of games for example, so i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mattytorbs, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Alt tab is doing what win +tab should, and vice versa AND alt tab wont work at all in games...

So this wasn't an issue ever but after i built this new rig about 6 months ago randomly it stopped letting alt tab tab out of games for example, so i was forced to start doing win key + tab, no big deal. Now for some reason 1 game (far cry 3) likes to freeze/crash if you press win key (must be cause the game wasnt made on win 10 (2013 game)). So now its becoming annoying.. ive got 2 monitors maybe this is part of a reason, i didnt add the second one instantly i added it a month or 2 later, i did enable under multitasking the one for "all desktops" not just active, still no dice both are backwards when outside of games, when inside of games only win tab, and also random side note now alt tab or win tab one of them will break the background and turn it flat black (not really a huge deal just trying to give all info).

I know this is fairly specifics but any leads would help, im really running out of ideas =/Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/mattytorbs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mattytorbs, Oct 3, 2020

2. alt + tab not working

*Confused Alt tab is doing what win +tab should, and vice versa AND alt tab wont work at all in games... :confused: I can alt tab back even if i don't have another program to switch too.

spearman914, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Polarman Win User
    alt + tab not working

Alt-Tabbing in & out of games does not always work. It can also crash games in some cases.

Polarman, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Alt tab is doing what win +tab should, and vice versa AND alt tab wont work at all in games...

alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

Alt tab is doing what win +tab should, and vice versa AND alt tab wont work at all in games... Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Alt tab is doing what win +tab should, and vice versa AND alt tab wont work at all in games...

1. Alt tab is doing what win +tab should, and vice versa AND alt tab wont work at all in games... - Similar Threads - Alt tab doing

2. Alt Tab is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt Tab is not working.: I've been trying to use alt tab to switch specific screens, but instead, the screen just highlights different aspects of the web browser or program I'm using at the moment. I've already. I've already updated to the latest version of Windows. I've restarted my pc, unplugged...
  3. Alt Tab is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt Tab is not working.: I've been trying to use alt tab to switch specific screens, but instead, the screen just highlights different aspects of the web browser or program I'm using at the moment. I've already. I've already updated to the latest version of Windows. I've restarted my pc, unplugged...
  4. ALT + TAB Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ALT + TAB Not Working: Oddělit od tohoto vlákna. Having the same problem on my notebook. Windows pop-up not working and alt+tab not working also. Does not work on my notebook keyboard and on connected keyboard as well...Tried all methods here and none helped....
  5. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  6. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  7. Alt+Tab not working at all

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt+Tab not working at all: I'm not even sure when this started but for whatever reason, I cant use Alt+Tab I googled some solutions Like these for example but none of them worked the closet thing is pressing Alt+Ctrl+Tab but I want the original way back and this is a new Laptop purchased it New from...
  8. alt tab not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    alt tab not working: When i try to alt tab it doesnt work, and i hear a beep after i press it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-working/64c4fba0-5b02-4247-a380-85dbfd891888
  9. Alt-Tab Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt-Tab Not Working: Hello, I am using windows 10. Till now the Alt-Tab Feature of windows was working fine but today suddenly it stopped working. I Searched and found out that adding a registry would work so I opened registry editor and added a registry named AltTabSettings with value 1 in...
  10. Alt+Tab not working at all

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alt+Tab not working at all: I can't get Alt+Tab to function. Win+Tab works fine, as does Left-Alt+Right-Alt+Tab. But I need Alt+Tab for a lot of the multi-tasking I do, and Win+Tab just doesn't cut it. I've checked in settings, and the Alt+Tab option in there is set to "Only the Desktop I'm Using";...