Windows 10: Alt+Tab issues and frame drops in-game

Discus and support Alt+Tab issues and frame drops in-game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently I have built my own gaming pc, one easily capable of consistent 250+ frames on many of my favorite games. After attempting to use a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SOCC3R FR33K12, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Alt+Tab issues and frame drops in-game

Recently I have built my own gaming pc, one easily capable of consistent 250+ frames on many of my favorite games. After attempting to use a dual-monitor set-up, on start-up, a noticeably long black screen appears where it never used to. This would clear after about 10 seconds, but now, games that would run at 250+ fps, are now struggling to maintain 120-145 fps. I'm not tech savvy past the hardware, so any help would be great

:)

SOCC3R FR33K12, Jun 21, 2020

2. Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.

Hi Simon,

The multitasking capability of a game depends on the total memory of your computer. If you have large amounts of RAM on your computer, it can multitask heavy programs easily like high-end games. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution
    for your concerns with the alt-tab function, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Have you pressed the alt-tab key during you play Rainbow Six Siege? Or it just happen without pressing it?
    • Does the automatic ALT-TAB behavior happens on other games?
    • Do you have any other programs running on your computer while playing?
    • What is the anti-virus program you're using?
    • What is your device or system specifications? To know, follow these steps:
      1. Press Windows + S and type
        About your PC
      2. Send us the information listed under Device specifications.

Moving forward, if you're multitasking while playing, we recommend that you play this game only without doing other tasks. Pressing ALT-TAB or performing a multitasking interferes with the performance of your video card, especially if you're running a heavy
    game like Rainbow Six Siege. It will generate screen viewing issues like intermittently switching your game screen between your desktop environment.

For now, restart your game and do not press ALT+TAB while playing. This will allow your video card to dedicate its graphics performance on the game only instead of your desktop environment.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, Jun 21, 2020
  3. andyk516 Win User
    Alt+Tab screen resolution issues while gaming after latest update.

I play games on an Asus laptop with only an NVIDIA 960M graphics card. I play some games at lower resolutions to keep up frames while gaming. Prior to the update I could alt+tab out of the game and the desktop screen would return to 1920x1080 and tabbing back in would keep lower resolution I have set for the game. Now, when alt tabbing out of of lower resolution screen, Windows desktop reverts to the lower resolution I have set for the game (in-game resolution is 1280x720, as exclusive fullscreen). And when tabbing back into the game there are some video settings being used that are used for 'borderless window' instead of my setting of exclusive fullscreen.

andyk516, Jun 21, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

Alt+Tab issues and frame drops in-game

alt tabbing increases system performance?

Skyrim doesnt work correctly you alt tab, but if you alt tab to it again while the screen is black, it loads up with the windows cursor over the top. If i repeatedly do this, eventually it fullscreens properly without issues. Slightly weird.

RCoon, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Alt+Tab issues and frame drops in-game

1. Alt+Tab issues and frame drops in-game - Similar Threads - Alt+Tab issues frame

2. Alt+tab issue!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+tab issue!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I've enabled Internet Download Manager to launch at startup. But when I hold Alt+Tab, It shows a little preview, when I click on it it do nothing. Why this is showing here? It is running in background and system tray and why it is showing when I...
  3. Alt+tab issue!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt+tab issue!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I've enabled Internet Download Manager to launch at startup. But when I holdAlt+Tab, It shows there. Why? It is running in background and system tray and why it is showing when I hold Alt+tab. Please tell me why and how to get rid of that....
  4. Alt+tab issue!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt+tab issue!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I've enabled Internet Download Manager to launch at startup. But when I holdAlt+Tab, It shows there. Why? It is running in background and system tray and why it is showing when I hold Alt+tab. Please tell me why and how to get rid of that....
  5. Game frame drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game frame drop: When I play a game for 20 minutes or less, my frame rate drops to 1-10 fps and I have to restart the game. I'm not sure what's causing this counter strike global offensive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-frame-drop/d4e6df39-44d2-41f7-9fc8-9b415dc9cc19
  6. Game frame drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game frame drop: When I play a game for 20 minutes or less, my frame rate drops to 1-10 fps and I have to restart the game. I'm not sure what's causing this counter strike global offensive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-frame-drop/d4e6df39-44d2-41f7-9fc8-9b415dc9cc19
  7. Alt Tab Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt Tab Issue: Hi all Every day or so, when I use Alt Tab to flickbetween applications, the following happens: The whole Taskbar flashes Blue All Explorer windows close The only thing I can think of is: A while back I changed back to the old-style Alt + Tabusing: 1. open the...
  8. ALT-TAB Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ALT-TAB Issue: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Cparks_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jsgan6/alttab_issue/
  9. Frame drops in games?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frame drops in games?: Hello but i have the problem that i have frame drops from 100fps to 40fps, it goes from 100fps to 40fps for about 10 seconds, and it takes that long to load, and i know it has something to do with HDD and SSD, but i didn't have those frame drops in games before, and now...
  10. KB4535996 - frame drops in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB4535996 - frame drops in games: Hi, I have been experiencing singular frame drops in games, after some investigation I have pinpointed that the KB4535996 update may be causing the problem as it has been reported as such by some. The problem is that I cannot uninstall it as there is no entry in the...