Windows 10: Alt-Tab list always includes Cortana new behavior

Discus and support Alt-Tab list always includes Cortana new behavior in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I disabled Cortana years ago... or so I thought. But starting today, whenever I use Alt-Tab to switch between windows which I do frequently, the second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OsakaWebbie, May 2, 2022.

1. Alt-Tab list always includes Cortana new behavior

I disabled Cortana years ago... or so I thought. But starting today, whenever I use Alt-Tab to switch between windows which I do frequently, the second one in the list the default I will get if I only press Tab once is Cortana! If I select it, I get a box saying, "Sign in to Cortana". I can make that window disappear by clicking X, but if I press Alt-Tab again, Cortana is still in the list. Did I do something to cause this new behavior? How do I get rid of it?

:)

OsakaWebbie, May 2, 2022
  2. Sasqui Win User

alt tabbing increases system performance?

I wonder if CTRL+ESC would cause the same effect?

I've never noticed any alt+tab behavior in game, either good or bad.

Sasqui, May 2, 2022
  3. Cortana in alt-tab menu

I like using Cortana but when press alt-tab I see Cortana there. I do not want to see Cortana window in the alt-tab menu. How do I do that? -I use Windows 10 Pro 2004 Version

Enes Kavçakar, May 2, 2022
  4. Alt-Tab list always includes Cortana new behavior

desktop is not listed in Ctrl+Tab toggle

Thanks for the suggestions, DaveM121 and NikhilPosting.

@DaveM121 - I have GForce Experience 3.7.0.81, and I can't see a ShadowPlay feature.

@NikhilPosting - I know Alt-Tab very well: this is precisely where I have an issue! the actual desktop is not listed among the thumbnails!

Window + Tab seems to be merely a variant of Alt-Tab - and it returns the same result: desktop is not listed among the thumbnails.

Thus, the issue endures...

GuyCruls_851, May 2, 2022
Thema:

Alt-Tab list always includes Cortana new behavior

1. Alt-Tab list always includes Cortana new behavior - Similar Threads - Alt Tab list

2. Removing Cortana from Alt+Tab list With Solution

in Cortana
    Removing Cortana from Alt+Tab list With Solution: This is sort of more like documentation than question. Answers that build on this or propose better solutions are welcome, but please spare us the "Uninstall Cortana" and/or "Close Cortana using Task Manager" suggestions. Those are fundamentally broken, since they interfere...
  3. Removing Cortana from Alt+Tab list With Solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Cortana from Alt+Tab list With Solution: This is sort of more like documentation than question. Answers that build on this or propose better solutions are welcome, but please spare us the "Uninstall Cortana" and/or "Close Cortana using Task Manager" suggestions. Those are fundamentally broken, since they interfere...
  4. Removing Cortana from Alt+Tab list With Solution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Alt-Tab list always includes Cortana new behavior

in Cortana
    Alt-Tab list always includes Cortana new behavior: I disabled Cortana years ago... or so I thought. But starting today, whenever I use Alt-Tab to switch between windows which I do frequently, the second one in the list the default I will get if I only press Tab once is Cortana! If I select it, I get a box saying, "Sign in to...
  6. Alt-Tab list always includes Cortana new behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt-Tab list always includes Cortana new behavior: I disabled Cortana years ago... or so I thought. But starting today, whenever I use Alt-Tab to switch between windows which I do frequently, the second one in the list the default I will get if I only press Tab once is Cortana! If I select it, I get a box saying, "Sign in to...
  7. Alt+Tab behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt+Tab behavior: I am looking for a way for Alt+Tab to take me back to the last window I was using. Right now when you hit Alt+Tab it takes you to another window of the same program if you have one open. For example, if I have an Explorer window and a Word file both open, and then I open...
  8. Unwanted alt + tab alternation behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted alt + tab alternation behavior: Scenario I have 3 open windows: Visual Studio Code Microsoft Edge Terminal As a developer, it is common to alternate between these tabs constantly. It is/was useful when alternating between these windows to change back to the previous viewed/focused window, not the...
  9. Cortana in alt-tab menu

in Cortana
    Cortana in alt-tab menu: I like using Cortana but when press alt-tab I see Cortana there. I do not want to see Cortana window in the alt-tab menu. How do I do that? -I use Windows 10 Pro 2004 Version...
  10. Cortana alt-tab bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana alt-tab bug: Yes it is a good news that Cortana is now shipped as if it is a separate application but please do not include it in the alt tab process. It just makes the workflow slower because Cortana is supposed to open or show up only when triggered but not as part of the main...