Windows 10: Alt+tab makes screen go black.

Discus and support Alt+tab makes screen go black. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Pressing the Alt+Tab keys makes the screen go black. Computer lights and fans cut off, like it's shutting down. (But it doesn't.) Then it resets back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IsnukamexIsnukamex, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Alt+tab makes screen go black.

Pressing the Alt+Tab keys makes the screen go black. Computer lights and fans cut off, like it's shutting down. (But it doesn't.) Then it resets back to the startup menu with password. It usually fixes itself after a few seconds. This still happens, even if no applications are running. Any research shows Comodo Firewall might be a problem but I don't have it installed.

:)

IsnukamexIsnukamex, Oct 31, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

CTRL ALT DEL Black Screen

Hi Dan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Have you installed all pending updates?
    • Are you able to log into Desktop?
    • Is the issue specific to Ctrl + Alt + Del screen?

Black screen error can occur if the computer is not up to date with all Drivers and Windows updates. Install all pending updates and check if that helps.

Refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps

Troubleshoot black screen problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Oct 31, 2019
  3. alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

Alt+tab makes screen go black. Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Oct 31, 2019
  4. RCoon Win User

Alt+tab makes screen go black.

alt tabbing increases system performance?

Skyrim doesnt work correctly you alt tab, but if you alt tab to it again while the screen is black, it loads up with the windows cursor over the top. If i repeatedly do this, eventually it fullscreens properly without issues. Slightly weird.

RCoon, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Alt+tab makes screen go black.

1. Alt+tab makes screen go black. - Similar Threads - Alt+tab makes screen

2. Black screen when using ALT + TAB in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when using ALT + TAB in games: I've just freshly installed Windows 10 on my PC, but for some reason when I play games and switch apps using ALT + TAB it shows a black screen for few seconds. Is there a fix for that?My specs:i5 3570kGTX 1050 2gb12gb ram...
  3. Black screen when using ALT + TAB in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when using ALT + TAB in games: I've just freshly installed Windows 10 on my PC, but for some reason when I play games and switch apps using ALT + TAB it shows a black screen for few seconds. Is there a fix for that?My specs:i5 3570kGTX 1050 2gb12gb ram...
  4. Alt+Tab Black Screen Glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab Black Screen Glitch: After Alt Tabbing once, some games' gameplay region Goes Blacknot for some seconds, but permanently until i quit and restart the game, but the HUD is still visible, like the game isnt visible, i cant see whats happening in game, but still can see the Health Bar, Radar,...
  5. Alt+Tab Black Screen Glitch

Alt+Tab Black Screen Glitch: After Alt Tabbing once, some games' gameplay region Goes Blacknot for some seconds, but permanently until i quit and restart the game, but the HUD is still visible, like the game isnt visible, i cant see whats happening in game, but still can see the Health Bar, Radar,...
  6. Black screen when ALT+TAB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when ALT+TAB: Hello, In the past I had a problem with my pc i guess. At first this didn't bother me that much, but when after a few weeks this started getting annoying. I got latest drivers and other latest updates on my pc. Its a laptop with- GTX 1660TI- i5-9300h- 16GB RAM 2667MHz-...
  7. Black screen when ALT+TAB

Black screen when ALT+TAB: Hello, In the past I had a problem with my pc i guess. At first this didn't bother me that much, but when after a few weeks this started getting annoying. I got latest drivers and other latest updates on my pc. Its a laptop with- GTX 1660TI- i5-9300h- 16GB RAM 2667MHz-...
  8. Black screen when ALT+TAB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Alt+Tab makes screen go black.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt+Tab makes screen go black.: I've had this issue for a while now and I am becoming more and more each time. Every time I alt+tab in any fullscreen application my entire computer monitor will go black for a few seconds then returning with all my access application's resolutions configured into...
  10. Laptop Screen goes black and alt-tabs randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Screen goes black and alt-tabs randomly: For about a month now my laptop screen goes black randomly for a second or so and alt-tabs from the current game. This issue happens mainly while gaming. While surfing in the web there are some vertical lines going yellow/black at a constant area of 7 cm height at about ⅔ of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i have to press alt tab before laptop screen shows

2. when i alt tab screen goes black windows 10