Windows 10: ALT+TAB making hidden taskbar not showing up when hovering mouse

Discus and support ALT+TAB making hidden taskbar not showing up when hovering mouse in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This bug has happens as long as I can remember (and still happening in 1909), and I decided to post about it today. If you set the taskbar to auto-hide... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/latestzz, Jun 18, 2020.

1. ALT+TAB making hidden taskbar not showing up when hovering mouse

This bug has happens as long as I can remember (and still happening in 1909), and I decided to post about it today. If you set the taskbar to auto-hide in desktop mode, and when pressing ALT+TAB to switch between windows, taskbar won't show when you hover mouse over the bottom of the screen. Only force pressing the WIN key on keyboard will makes it reappear.

submitted by /u/latestzz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/latestzz, Jun 18, 2020
  2. mike1127 Win User

showing titles and icons, NOT images, for alt-tab and taskbar hovering

I'm a new windows 10 latptop owner, previously used windows 7 with the classic theme. In both win 7 aero and in win 10, I dislike how the use of alt-tab and hovering over taskbar icons shows a series of miniatures images of windows. This is a terrible user interface --- all my windows are dense with text and could be scrolled to any point, so they can't be identified from the image. What I need to see are window titles. Or in the case of alt-tab, icons. Win 10 does show the titles but not stacked vertically, making them difficult to scan by eye. Same with icons---they are tiny little things in a sea of useless image.

So can I change the win 10 theme to show a vertical stack of window titles when hovering over the taskbar, and to show icons when doing alt-tab switching?

Mike

mike1127, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Vivian_S Win User
    Taskbar not showing while alt-tabbed with multiple monitors

Hi LAK770,

I have been researching on this issue and it seems that this feature is by design. Usually, most of the games override the Windows function when running in Full screen mode.

However, the Taskbar is hidden when you switch applications to Full Screen Mode and Alt+Tab key shows the open applications, but the Taskbar will be hidden until you switch to another application or hover the mouse at the Taskbar location. Unfortunately,
    registry edits cannot further customize for the option that you are looking for.

Alternatively, you can use the Windows Key + T when running any application in full screen mode.

I would suggest you to provide your feedback on our Feedback Hub and our
    developers can have a look into this feedback.

I will continue to check on this and if there are any alternatives available, I will certainly keep you posted.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Jun 18, 2020
  4. LAK770 Win User

ALT+TAB making hidden taskbar not showing up when hovering mouse

Taskbar not showing while alt-tabbed with multiple monitors

I'm running two monitors, monitor A is my main monitor, and monitor B is my secondary i use for videos and everything while gaming. When I have a game on monitor A and I alt+tab out to a window on my second monitor, the taskbar doesn't show up. It's the
    same when i click off my game on monitor A to monitor B. In windows 7 whenever I did this the taskbar would show up, but now unless i specifically alt+tab to a window on monitor A taskbar will not show up. Doesn't anyone know a registry or way to make it so
    i don't have to keep going to windows on monitor A to make the taskbar show up.

LAK770, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

ALT+TAB making hidden taskbar not showing up when hovering mouse

1. ALT+TAB making hidden taskbar not showing up when hovering mouse - Similar Threads - ALT+TAB making hidden

2. Taskbar not popping up when mouse is hovered over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not popping up when mouse is hovered over: Hi there.I like to hide my taskbar so I get more screen space. I have 3 monitors and I noticed lately that if there is a window maximized on monitor #2, then when I hover my mouse over the bottom of the screen, the taskbar won't show up. It still comes up if I hit the windows...
  3. Hidden Taskbars not showing when hovering mouse on Secondary monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden Taskbars not showing when hovering mouse on Secondary monitors: In Windows 10 I could hover my mouse on my second and third monitor and the hidden Taskbar would rise up from the bottom of the screen. In Windows 11 you can't do that? You have to right click and then click a bunch more times at the bottom of the screen. Am I missing...
  4. Hidden Taskbars not showing when hovering mouse on Secondary monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden Taskbars not showing when hovering mouse on Secondary monitors: In Windows 10 I could hover my mouse on my second and third monitor and the hidden Taskbar would rise up from the bottom of the screen. In Windows 11 you can't do that? You have to right click and then click a bunch more times at the bottom of the screen. Am I missing...
  5. After some fullscreen games the hidden taskbar will not show up on mouse hover

After some fullscreen games the hidden taskbar will not show up on mouse hover: It's a random thing that has been present in Windows for maybe 10 years, I think. You have to explicitly press Win button for taskbar to pop up or reboot the system to fix it.I wonder, if there is a easier solution to fix this....
  6. TaskBar show when I use alt+tab

TaskBar show when I use alt+tab: Hi. I re-intalled my Windows 10 home yesterday, and when i use alt+tab i see my taskbar in there. When i try to close this window, i got this message: [ATTACH] That what i see in my task bar: [ATTACH] Please help me to fix it. Thanks....
  7. Taskbar showing up on Alt+Tab screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar showing up on Alt+Tab screen: My taskbar started showing up on the alt+tab screen yesterday. It shows like a sort of app but when you switch to it, nothing happens. I tried to click X in hope of closing it, but it instead shows the Shut Down Windows dialogue. I plugged in a flash drive from my friend...
  8. Taskbar doesn't show up when I hover mouse

Taskbar doesn't show up when I hover mouse: Hi everyone, I have enabled auto-hide taskbar but I am not able to bring the taskbar after hovering mouse at bottom of the screen. This only happens when I access any minimized application through the taskbar.[when I open app for the first time taskbar appears but once I...
  9. showing titles and icons, NOT images, for alt-tab and taskbar hovering

showing titles and icons, NOT images, for alt-tab and taskbar hovering: I'm a new windows 10 latptop owner, previously used windows 7 with the classic theme. In both win 7 aero and in win 10, I dislike how the use of alt-tab and hovering over taskbar icons shows a series of miniatures images of windows. This is a terrible user interface --- all...
  10. Alt-Tab Showing "Hidden" Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab Showing "Hidden" Programs: Hi all, I recently downloaded Windows 10 Pro and Display Fusion (I prefer it) for my multi-monitor setup and now when I alt-tab I see : [img] Which are many miscellaneous applications that seemingly have no use. I'm not quite sure if it's a problem with my Windows or...