Windows 10: Alt+Tab not switching apps anymore

Discus and support Alt+Tab not switching apps anymore in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Alt+Tab is not working anymore to switch between open programs. Instead it just toggles between items in the open program. How can i fix this? I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThinkBigger01, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Alt+Tab not switching apps anymore

Alt+Tab is not working anymore to switch between open programs. Instead it just toggles between items in the open program. How can i fix this? I'm still on version 1909 but worked fine couple of days ago. Not sure what broke it. Maybe a recent windows update? Anybody else noticed this recently (after an update)? Thanks.

submitted by /u/ThinkBigger01
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ThinkBigger01, Feb 8, 2021
  2. xCustom17 Win User

ALT + TAB Not switching on release

Hi,

I've been having a bit of trouble with Windows the last few days, which has to to lead me to reinstall it over my current windows. Just mentioning it in case it might be relevant.

But my problem is that I'm used to having to press ALT+TAB and it would display the open programs, and when I release the combo, it would switch me to the program. But now I've noticed that when I press ALT+TAB, and release the combo, the little UI thingy still stays open and I either need to click the choice or press enter or something. And this is really annoying since I switch programs on a regular basis and this extra step feels unnecessary.

xCustom17, Feb 8, 2021
  3. alt + tab not working

*Confused Alt+Tab not switching apps anymore :confused: I can alt tab back even if i don't have another program to switch too.

spearman914, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Alt+Tab not switching apps anymore

alt + tab not working

Alt+Tab only works if there is something in the background to switch to. If there is nothing to switch to (the game that has focus is the only thing running), the command isn't executed.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Alt+Tab not switching apps anymore

1. Alt+Tab not switching apps anymore - Similar Threads - Alt+Tab switching apps

2. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab: I made a modifications to my Windows 10 to get the old behaviour of Alt+Tab image below, i.e., to show the application icons of the tasks being switched rather than previews of their windows. Recently, however, when I Alt+Tab, I see an unnamed task on the far left image...
  3. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab: I made a modifications to my Windows 10 to get the old behaviour of Alt+Tab image below, i.e., to show the application icons of the tasks being switched rather than previews of their windows. Recently, however, when I Alt+Tab, I see an unnamed task on the far left image...
  4. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Double alt+tab to switch to app correctly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Double alt+tab to switch to app correctly.: Hello.Not so long ago I ran into a problem in windows 10. When switching between programs using alt + tab, the window to which I switch does not become active. I have to either do a second alt + tab, or click on this window so that it works and I can work in it.I did not...
  6. Alt-Tab Windows switch lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt-Tab Windows switch lag: Alt-Tab Windows switch lagWhen I open any app and time it takes 2-3 sec to load I switch windows using alt-tab and it lags like hell. Here lag means whenever I use alt-tab when I tap the tab again and again to reach the desired window it just takes longer and lags to reach...
  7. Alt-tab switching intermittently stops working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt-tab switching intermittently stops working: Hi All, I have what looks like a weird driver issue with my keyboard. Alt-tab switching intermittently stops working in Windows 10. Sometimes this happens after the computer wakes up from sleep, but sometimes simply after some time has passed. The keyboard keeps working...
  8. Alt+Tab gets suck intermittently when trying to switch Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt+Tab gets suck intermittently when trying to switch Apps: Hi folks. So I have heavily used Alt+Tab to switch between apps for as long as I've been using Windows. In the past year or so something happened with Windows 10 where when I click Alt+Tab to switch I get the little preview windows of all the open apps but it doesn't switch...
  9. Windows Logo on Window switch or "ALT+TAB"

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Logo on Window switch or "ALT+TAB": Hi ALL, I've been looking for the solution to my problem everywhere, but can't seem to find the correct search string to get to the root of the issue, so here it is: On my Asus ROG Rig there is always a windows splash logo declaring that the mode is Windows everytime i...
  10. ALT + TAB Not switching on release

in Windows 10 Support
    ALT + TAB Not switching on release: Hi, I've been having a bit of trouble with Windows the last few days, which has to to lead me to reinstall it over my current windows. Just mentioning it in case it might be relevant. But my problem is that I'm used to having to press ALT+TAB and it would display the...