Windows 10: Alt-Tab option doesn't exist in Settings > Multitasking

Discus and support Alt-Tab option doesn't exist in Settings > Multitasking in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to disable alt-tab from showing and switching between Microsoft Edge tabs. I know the way to do this is by going to settings > System >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Phil Chiang, May 31, 2023.

1. Alt-Tab option doesn't exist in Settings > Multitasking

I want to disable alt-tab from showing and switching between Microsoft Edge tabs. I know the way to do this is by going to settings > System > Multitasking, then there should be an option to change how alt-tab behaves. However, this option isn't showing for me, and I can't seem to find any solutions on the internet... Please help me, thanks!

:)

Phil Chiang, May 31, 2023
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Alt-Tab Optimisation

Hi Shane

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

There is only one setting available for the Alt-Tab functionality in Windows, there is some options, like only showing open applications, or Edge Tabs or a mix of both of those.

Open the Settings App, then ho to System - Multitasking, there, you will find a drop down menu to set the behavior for the Alt-Tab shortcut.

DaveM121, May 31, 2023
  3. Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.

Hi Simon,

The multitasking capability of a game depends on the total memory of your computer. If you have large amounts of RAM on your computer, it can multitask heavy programs easily like high-end games. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution
    for your concerns with the alt-tab function, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Have you pressed the alt-tab key during you play Rainbow Six Siege? Or it just happen without pressing it?
    • Does the automatic ALT-TAB behavior happens on other games?
    • Do you have any other programs running on your computer while playing?
    • What is the anti-virus program you're using?
    • What is your device or system specifications? To know, follow these steps:
      1. Press Windows + S and type
        About your PC
      2. Send us the information listed under Device specifications.

Moving forward, if you're multitasking while playing, we recommend that you play this game only without doing other tasks. Pressing ALT-TAB or performing a multitasking interferes with the performance of your video card, especially if you're running a heavy
    game like Rainbow Six Siege. It will generate screen viewing issues like intermittently switching your game screen between your desktop environment.

For now, restart your game and do not press ALT+TAB while playing. This will allow your video card to dedicate its graphics performance on the game only instead of your desktop environment.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, May 31, 2023
  4. Alt-Tab option doesn't exist in Settings > Multitasking

alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

Alt-Tab option doesn't exist in Settings > Multitasking [​IMG]

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, May 31, 2023
Thema:

Alt-Tab option doesn't exist in Settings > Multitasking

1. Alt-Tab option doesn't exist in Settings > Multitasking - Similar Threads - Alt Tab option

2. Suttering when multitasking/alt tabbing after updating W11 to B22621

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suttering when multitasking/alt tabbing after updating W11 to B22621: This is completely new. The only thing that's changed on my system in weeks is me updating Windows. All hardware is well-monitored and healthy. Has anyone experienced a similar problem?...
  3. Suttering when multitasking/alt tabbing after updating W11 to B22621

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suttering when multitasking/alt tabbing after updating W11 to B22621: This is completely new. The only thing that's changed on my system in weeks is me updating Windows. All hardware is well-monitored and healthy. Has anyone experienced a similar problem?...
  4. Alt-Tab option doesn't exist in Settings > Multitasking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt-Tab option doesn't exist in Settings > Multitasking: I want to disable alt-tab from showing and switching between Microsoft Edge tabs. I know the way to do this is by going to settings > System > Multitasking, then there should be an option to change how alt-tab behaves. However, this option isn't showing for me, and I can't...
  5. Brightness option doesn't exist.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness option doesn't exist.: There is no option to change my brightness level on my Windows 10 PC. There is no bar in the actions tab, I cant search for it in the settings, it doesn't show up in the Display or Power settings and I can't access it through RUN. I've tried restarting, soft resets, updating...
  6. alt tab doesn't toggle

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab doesn't toggle: Never had this issue: when i alt tab to something, it doesn't toggle. Or clicking on icon on taskbar doesn't bring that up. While start menu experience host is running. Also when i bring up pop out window from chrome and want alt tab back to main window - main window isn't...
  7. Cellular option doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cellular option doesn't exist: i have a lenovo laptop with win 10 i wanna setup a mobile broad brand "usb internet modem" but when i go to settings i don't find cellular option when i go to device manager i find Generic mobile broadband adapter have an error with the driver "can't verify the digital...
  8. Alt tab doesn't work in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt tab doesn't work in Windows 10: In order to switch between apps in windows 10 you have to do a double alt+tab. Single Alt+tab takes you to the same app. WHAT CRAP is this. 113752
  9. Restore Desktop option to Alt-Tab?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restore Desktop option to Alt-Tab?: I'm going to guess that this was asked about before, but, something that has bothered me about Windows 10 is that you can no longer Alt-Tab back to the desktop. I liked this functionality back in Windows 7, but seeing that it's missing in 10 bothers me. I know that Win-D...
  10. ALT+TAB doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Support
    ALT+TAB doesn't work.: So, my alt tab does not really work. It temporarily freezes my computer and or/ becomes unresponsive for a short period of time. I alt tab and it shows the tabs that I can go into, but it stops from there. Then it proceeds to reload my desktop and task bar, and then the alt...