Windows 10: Alt-Tab out of games my Start menu stops working?

Discus and support Alt-Tab out of games my Start menu stops working? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello when ever I Alt-tab out of a full screen game my start menu stops working? Anyone else have this? 26309 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shankly1985, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Alt-Tab out of games my Start menu stops working?

Hello when ever I Alt-tab out of a full screen game my start menu stops working? Anyone else have this?

:)

shankly1985, Oct 13, 2015

2. task bar missing on monitor

I guess I was not clear. Windows 10 has been working just fine until recently. Picture this:

2 monitors

primary (start menu) is on the physical right

secondary (no start menu) is on the physical left

secondary monitor has programs like my browser, chat (for twitch) and other programs.

primary monitor has the game and OBS running on it.

If I was browsing something on the internet (secondary monitor) and I click back into my game everything is normal so far. But then if I try to alt tab back out to show my start menu or I want quick access to view my OBS then nothing happens. I can hit alt
    tab 1 million times and the start menu will never show.

What update could be the culprit? Like I said, I understand that "logically" this is how things should have operated in the first place. But for someone who has 2 27 inch monitors, and has a task that is to the very far left on the taskbar. It is much easier
    to alt tab out from the game, and look at the bottom of my primary monitor. Instead of having to move my mouse alll the way over to the other screen on the left.

darthclide, Oct 13, 2015
  3. Games ALT+TABBING on their own in Windows 10

My games will ALT+TAB out on their own. Sometimes it might be within 15 minutes of starting the game or it could be an hour or so before it does it.

DeanMyers64, Oct 13, 2015
Thema:

Alt-Tab out of games my Start menu stops working?

1. Alt-Tab out of games my Start menu stops working? - Similar Threads - Alt Tab games

2. Windows 11 Alt Tab out of a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Alt Tab out of a game: Just upgraded to windows 11. I am having an issue when I alt tab out of a game it will minimize the game and I can still hear the game running however it will not allow me to tab back in or click the icon. I have tried disabling GPU scheduling and changing the alt tab...
  3. Windows 11 Alt Tab out of a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Alt Tab out of a game: Just upgraded to windows 11. I am having an issue when I alt tab out of a game it will minimize the game and I can still hear the game running however it will not allow me to tab back in or click the icon. I have tried disabling GPU scheduling and changing the alt tab...
  4. Cortana in alt-tab menu

in Cortana
    Cortana in alt-tab menu: I like using Cortana but when press alt-tab I see Cortana there. I do not want to see Cortana window in the alt-tab menu. How do I do that? -I use Windows 10 Pro 2004 Version...
  5. Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.: So recently i have been playing rainbow six siege a lot but my experience has been kind of ruined by this weird alt tab that keeps happening. It usually happens when i flick fast and click. I think my cursor somehow does something even tho its fullscreen and ive been testing...
  6. alt-tab stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    alt-tab stopped working: So my alt-tab function just stopped working. I've had this computer with Windows10 for over 3 years, bought it new with Windows 10. Worked fine until a few weeks ago... Windows update????????? Any help would be appreciated 116996
  7. Getting tab out of games and start menu apears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting tab out of games and start menu apears: I instaled the new update and when i enter a game i get tab out of it as soon at it is loaded. 5804
  8. BSOD with stop code IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal when alt+tab out of games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with stop code IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal when alt+tab out of games: Hi this is my first post here and have I ran into a brickwall involving my BSOD. My computer that I got a month ago has been giving me BSODs with stop code IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal. It seems to have a higher chance of happening when I alt tab out of my fullscreen games. I...
  9. Start Menu and ALT+TAB Dont work on PC Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and ALT+TAB Dont work on PC Startup: Hey guys, I had same issue on previous Windows 10 x64 Pro and a week ago I did fresh installed Windows 10 x64 Pro and facing same issue. Whenever I start my laptop start button and ALT+TAB dont work and when I do LOG OFF or Restart Laptop it will work. Edit: Moreover, I...
  10. alt+tab stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    alt+tab stopped working: I've always used alt+tab to switch between windows. For some reason it doesn't work anymore - nothing happens. The keys work individually. How do I fix this? Also, why did it stop working? Thanks. 70553