Windows 10: alt-tab problem; clear instructions?

Discus and support alt-tab problem; clear instructions? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My alt-tab function has stopped working. I'm using Windows 10. Is there a fix? I see all kinds of advice here and elsewhere, but much of it is old,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidAppell, Sep 7, 2018.

1. DavidAppell Win User

alt-tab problem; clear instructions?

My alt-tab function has stopped working. I'm using Windows 10.

Is there a fix? I see all kinds of advice here and elsewhere, but much of it is old, for other Windows versions, or unclear.

Is there a definitive fix with clear instructions?

Thanks.

:)

DavidAppell, Sep 7, 2018
  2. RCoon Win User

alt tabbing increases system performance?

Skyrim doesnt work correctly you alt tab, but if you alt tab to it again while the screen is black, it loads up with the windows cursor over the top. If i repeatedly do this, eventually it fullscreens properly without issues. Slightly weird.

RCoon, Sep 7, 2018
  3. oli_ramsay Win User
    alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

alt-tab problem; clear instructions? Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Black Panther Win User

alt tabbing increases system performance?

I stand to be corrected but I've heard that it clears the RAM (or the VRAM I'm not sure).
    Some games don't run well after alt-tabbing though, or crash. Bethesda games in particular.

Black Panther, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. alt-tab problem; clear instructions? - Similar Threads - alt tab problem

2. alt-tab stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    alt-tab stopped working: So my alt-tab function just stopped working. I've had this computer with Windows10 for over 3 years, bought it new with Windows 10. Worked fine until a few weeks ago... Windows update????????? Any help would be appreciated 116996
  3. Slow alt-tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow alt-tab: Hello, I just uprgaded to W10 recently, and discovered very annoying problem. Since I work with modding some games, I have to alt-tab a lot, from full screen to desktop. In W7 it was taking like 1 second to alt-tab to deskop, but on W10 it is like 4-5 seconds, and I hate...
  4. Weird alt tab issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird alt tab issue?: I run a 4k monitor and then two side 1440p monitors. So i have my games set to borderless windowed mode so i can easily switch to the other monitors in the middle of gaming. Before i did this clean install of anniversary update if i had a game open and hit alt tab the taskbar...
  5. alt tab into desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab into desktop?: How do i alt tab into desktop like in windows 7? I don't like w + d. 77463
  6. Problem with Alt + Tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Alt + Tab: Hi, I have been experiencing an odd and rather annoying problem with alt + tab. [img] As you see the screenshot, these apps (Store, Window Feedback, Mail, Weather) have been keep popping up when I do alt + tab. Even I turn them off, they pop again after minutes or...
  7. Windows 10 alt-tabbing problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 alt-tabbing problems: I know Win10 has the multi desktop feature with that new button in the taskbar, but everything since Vista had an option to "alt-tab" to the Desktop (it shows up as an alt-tabbale thing alongside watever else ur running), and Windows 10 doesn't, and windows key+m doesn't...
  8. Alt+Tab not working at all

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alt+Tab not working at all: I can't get Alt+Tab to function. Win+Tab works fine, as does Left-Alt+Right-Alt+Tab. But I need Alt+Tab for a lot of the multi-tasking I do, and Win+Tab just doesn't cut it. I've checked in settings, and the Alt+Tab option in there is set to "Only the Desktop I'm Using";...
  9. Alt-Tab To Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab To Desktop: Is it possible to add desktop back to the alt-tab menu? 52798
  10. Alt/Tab has changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt/Tab has changed: I recently upgraded from W7 to W10. On W7 alt/tab would expand each open application window such that they were full size when alt/tab'd or mouse'd over to it. But on W10 they do not show full size unless you bring the app into focus by releasing alt/tab. I suspect MS did...