Windows 10: Alt tab randomly skipping windows.

Discus and support Alt tab randomly skipping windows. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just got the 20H2 update on windows 10 and for some reason sometimes when I alt tab it will skip the most recent window and go to the last one. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Corpses69, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Alt tab randomly skipping windows.

I just got the 20H2 update on windows 10 and for some reason sometimes when I alt tab it will skip the most recent window and go to the last one. Any idea if this is a known bug or if there is a fix?

submitted by /u/Corpses69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Corpses69, Nov 12, 2020
  2. Vthechamp Win User

Alt-Tab randomly skips a window sometimes

When I press alt + tab a couple of times, sometimes the pointer just skips a window and hops onto another one.

Suppose there are three windows, A, B and C. I am alt-tabbing between A and B. So A, B, A, B. Then randomly, the pointer suddenly jumps to window C.

So while alt-tabbing (I am pressing tab only once) it will go A, B, A, B, A, B,
    C.
    Here's a reddit post explaining the same

Note: I have OS build 19042.610, and this issue started occurring after I had updated

Vthechamp, Nov 12, 2020
  3. alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

Alt tab randomly skipping windows. Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Nov 12, 2020
  4. mrhuggles Win User

Alt tab randomly skipping windows.

alt + tab not working

i always just use the windows key to get back to the desktop [pops up the start dealy, doesn't need anything to alt+tab to]

mrhuggles, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Alt tab randomly skipping windows.

1. Alt tab randomly skipping windows. - Similar Threads - Alt tab randomly

2. Random Alt-tab in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Alt-tab in Windows 11: I have a new Asus Vivobook that shipped with Windows 11. Everything is up to date - Win11, Avast, NordVPN. 28G memory.I noticed that the screen would randomly flash but thought nothing of it. However if I was idle the current screen would change to another open app -- almost...
  3. Random Alt-tab in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Alt-tab in Windows 11: I have a new Asus Vivobook that shipped with Windows 11. Everything is up to date - Win11, Avast, NordVPN. 28G memory.I noticed that the screen would randomly flash but thought nothing of it. However if I was idle the current screen would change to another open app -- almost...
  4. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: Hai.While using the Alt+Tab feature, I would like to hide certain windows from appearing in it. Because, I use two screens for multi tasking and have certain windows idly open. This makes the Alt+tab too clumsy and difficult to choose the app that I need. Any suggestions...
  5. Alt+Tab

Alt+Tab: Hai.While using the Alt+Tab feature, I would like to hide certain windows from appearing in it. Because, I use two screens for multi tasking and have certain windows idly open. This makes the Alt+tab too clumsy and difficult to choose the app that I need. Any suggestions...
  6. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  7. Alt+Tab

Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  8. Alt-Tab randomly skips a window sometimes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Alt-Tab randomly skips a window sometimes: When I press alt + tab a couple of times, sometimes the pointer just skips a window and hops onto another one. Suppose there are three windows, A, B and C. I am alt-tabbing between A and B. So A, B, A, B. Then randomly, the pointer suddenly jumps to window C. So while...
  9. Random alt tabs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random alt tabs: My computer seem to randomly alt tab at will, and I have no idea why. I used Windows Focus Logger, and the issue might originate from a folder called ImmersiveControlPanel under the Local disc C: - Windows. Have ran Malwarebytes multiple times with no viruses or malware...
  10. Random Alt-Tabs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random Alt-Tabs?: So, this issue developed some weeks ago. Every hour, from start-up, I get alt-tabbed to a mystery window, called 'Update' according to WindowsFocusLogger. I've tried disabling tasks, I've tried closing down non-essential tasks at start up - I've tried **** round in...