Windows 10: Alt-Tab randomly skips a window sometimes

Discus and support Alt-Tab randomly skips a window sometimes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I press alt + tab a couple of times, sometimes the pointer just skips a window and hops onto another one. Suppose there are three windows, A, B... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vthechamp, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Vthechamp Win User

Alt-Tab randomly skips a window sometimes

When I press alt + tab a couple of times, sometimes the pointer just skips a window and hops onto another one.

Suppose there are three windows, A, B and C. I am alt-tabbing between A and B. So A, B, A, B. Then randomly, the pointer suddenly jumps to window C.

So while alt-tabbing I am pressing tab only once it will go A, B, A, B, A, B,C. Here's a reddit post explaining the same.

Note: I have OS build 19042.610, and this issue started occurring after I had updated

:)

Vthechamp, Nov 10, 2020

2. alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

Alt-Tab randomly skips a window sometimes Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Nov 10, 2020
  3. mrhuggles Win User
    alt + tab not working

i always just use the windows key to get back to the desktop [pops up the start dealy, doesn't need anything to alt+tab to]

mrhuggles, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Alt-Tab randomly skips a window sometimes

Alt+Tab skips over Outlook windows

Explorer is not stuck. It's not exactly random - it's just complex.

Alt+Tab NEVER "doesn't work at all". OUTLOOK's multiple windows, at times, rise in expected order when Alt+Tabbing.

This also is not related to HOLD-Alt + Tab (the grid of available windows). It's Alt+Tab, the very first window which appears is the desired one of Outlook's several windows, releast Alt+Tab and a DIFFERENT Outlook window is the one that comes to the
    fore

Jay Libove, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Alt-Tab randomly skips a window sometimes

1. Alt-Tab randomly skips a window sometimes - Similar Threads - Alt Tab randomly

2. PC Dying randomly when alt tabbing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Dying randomly when alt tabbing: Weird issue i have been having for past month randomly if i alt tab my entire computer will drop to 1 fps if i do to many key/mouse inputs it keeps dying if i dont touch anything it goes back to normal after around 15 seconds i have a good pc this shouldnt be happening could...
  3. Random Alt-tab in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Alt-tab in Windows 11: I have a new Asus Vivobook that shipped with Windows 11. Everything is up to date - Win11, Avast, NordVPN. 28G memory.I noticed that the screen would randomly flash but thought nothing of it. However if I was idle the current screen would change to another open app -- almost...
  4. Random Alt-tab in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Alt-tab in Windows 11: I have a new Asus Vivobook that shipped with Windows 11. Everything is up to date - Win11, Avast, NordVPN. 28G memory.I noticed that the screen would randomly flash but thought nothing of it. However if I was idle the current screen would change to another open app -- almost...
  5. Sometimes when i alt+tab between windows it gets stuck on the alt+tab screen and my mouse...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sometimes when i alt+tab between windows it gets stuck on the alt+tab screen and my mouse...: Sometimes when i am doing something or playing games, i often have to alt+tab to check on other information, however, sometimes when i do that, it gets stuck on the alt+tab screen and my mouse freezes.Basically like this, but when you release alt+tab it wont go to the window...
  6. Alt+Tab / window switching sometimes doesn't work?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt+Tab / window switching sometimes doesn't work?: As per GIF below, sometimes after resuming from sleep, alt+tab / window switching stops working. the only ways for it to work are: 1. win+D to go desktop first, then go to app (and I have to repeat it every time I switch apps) 2. OR restart the PC I tried restarting just...
  7. Alt tab randomly skipping windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt tab randomly skipping windows.: I just got the 20H2 update on windows 10 and for some reason sometimes when I alt tab it will skip the most recent window and go to the last one. Any idea if this is a known bug or if there is a fix? submitted by /u/Corpses69 [link] [comments]...
  8. Sometimes Alt+Tab works strangely

Sometimes Alt+Tab works strangely: If press Alt+Tab in Windows, the currently running programs are listed horizontally, right? So if you take your finger off of it, the last app you chose should be selected right away... But strangely, a white focus box stops AFTER a round of rotation. I thought it was a...
  9. Random alt tabs

Random alt tabs: My computer seem to randomly alt tab at will, and I have no idea why. I used Windows Focus Logger, and the issue might originate from a folder called ImmersiveControlPanel under the Local disc C: - Windows. Have ran Malwarebytes multiple times with no viruses or malware...
  10. Random Alt-Tabs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random Alt-Tabs?: So, this issue developed some weeks ago. Every hour, from start-up, I get alt-tabbed to a mystery window, called 'Update' according to WindowsFocusLogger. I've tried disabling tasks, I've tried closing down non-essential tasks at start up - I've tried **** round in...