Windows 10: Alt+tab shows a ton of extra blank windows

Discus and support Alt+tab shows a ton of extra blank windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Below you can see what my Alt+tab looks like. I'm not sure what is going on with the task view windows. The thing is, I can't close them and clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PersonalConfuser, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Alt+tab shows a ton of extra blank windows

Below you can see what my Alt+tab looks like. I'm not sure what is going on with the task view windows. The thing is, I can't close them and clicking on them does absolutely nothing. I thought it was a windows problem, and I've reinstalled windows 10 a few times and still have the problem. I've never seen this happen on any other windows 10 computer.
    The only things I have running in the background is chrome, a game, steam, team viewer, plex server, anti-virus, display fusion, and wallpaper engine. I've tried disabling the programs and background apps, but the same problem occurs regardless of what else is running.

Alt+tab shows a ton of extra blank windows 5ba945ea-7615-40f3-89b9-17acc856bbc7?upload=true.jpg

:)

PersonalConfuser, Jan 15, 2021
  2. cjb4 Win User

Select Desktops to Show Open Windows in ALT+TAB in Windows 10

Am I missing something. In 10 Alt+Tab no longer switches between the desktop and open applications. You need to perform an extra step to get to the desktop

3. alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

Alt+tab shows a ton of extra blank windows Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Jan 15, 2021
  4. mrhuggles Win User

Alt+tab shows a ton of extra blank windows

alt + tab not working

i always just use the windows key to get back to the desktop [pops up the start dealy, doesn't need anything to alt+tab to]

mrhuggles, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Alt+tab shows a ton of extra blank windows

1. Alt+tab shows a ton of extra blank windows - Similar Threads - Alt+tab shows ton

2. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  3. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  4. Extra tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extra tabs: This is my problem. As I move from one site to another a little box pops up above the url bar and they just go up one after the other . This just started to happen about 2 or 3 weeks ago and never had it before. Does this make sence to anyone and if so can i be helped...
  5. Extra tabs

Extra tabs: This is my problem. As I move from one site to another a little box pops up above the url bar and they just go up one after the other . This just started to happen about 2 or 3 weeks ago and never had it before. Does this make sence to anyone and if so can i be helped...
  6. Windows 11 Alt+Tab is not showing thumbnails

Windows 11 Alt+Tab is not showing thumbnails: Hi,I have a Surface Laptop 5 15" laptop.I have connected the laptop to an external USB Keyboard mice from Logitech.When I press Alt+Tab, I don't see Thumbnails...I only see just icons.Please let me know how this can be fixed.In the...
  7. My Alt+Tab Doesn't Show the Window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Alt+Tab Doesn't Show the Window: So, I am not sure how this happened, but suddenly, my Alt + Tab screen thing that pops up when you push Alt + Tab disappeared. I remember searching up how to fix this problem, and i found something and followed the instructions, and now my Alt + Tab screen that is what I will...
  8. How to stop alt tab showing a window?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop alt tab showing a window?: Hello guys, I have noticed lately that alt tab doesn't behave like the good old times. If I had 3 windows and I minimized one I could alt tab between the 2. Worst case scenario I would just click the ones I wanted as last and still it would tab between them. Now it doesn't...
  9. Alt-Tab shows minimized/closed windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt-Tab shows minimized/closed windows: When I Alt-Tab I can see some apps that don't have an open window, they are minimized to the tray. Is there a way to disable this? When I quickly want to switch between a few open windows this gets annoying because instead of having 3-4 options there are 7-8. submitted by...
  10. Alt-Tab Showing "Hidden" Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab Showing "Hidden" Programs: Hi all, I recently downloaded Windows 10 Pro and Display Fusion (I prefer it) for my multi-monitor setup and now when I alt-tab I see : [img] Which are many miscellaneous applications that seemingly have no use. I'm not quite sure if it's a problem with my Windows or...