Windows 10: Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing

Discus and support Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the windows 10 update, whenever I alt tab is shows my desktop background instead of the focused app. Instead of it being like this: [IMG] I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ISmileyDragon, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing

After the windows 10 update, whenever I alt tab is shows my desktop background instead of the focused app.

Instead of it being like this:

Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing [​IMG]

I want it to be like this:

Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing f50ea06d-2c0f-4068-a542-79c5f32ed8f9?upload=true.gif

Anyone know how to change this?

:)

ISmileyDragon, Mar 31, 2021

2. alt + tab not working

*Confused Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing :confused: I can alt tab back even if i don't have another program to switch too.

spearman914, Mar 31, 2021
  3. alt + tab not working

Alt+Tab only works if there is something in the background to switch to. If there is nothing to switch to (the game that has focus is the only thing running), the command isn't executed.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 31, 2021
  4. mrhuggles Win User

Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing

alt + tab not working

i always just use the windows key to get back to the desktop [pops up the start dealy, doesn't need anything to alt+tab to]

mrhuggles, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing

1. Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing - Similar Threads - Alt Tab shows

2. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  3. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  4. Desktop not showing when alt+tab but other opened program show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop not showing when alt+tab but other opened program show: I am facing an issue when i am using other programs and want to shift to desktop and press alt+tab in the thumbnail all other programs show but WDAdesktop shows the grey thumbnail and when switching to it the desktop is unable to show up....
  5. Desktop not showing when alt+tab but other opened program show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop not showing when alt+tab but other opened program show: I am facing an issue when i am using other programs and want to shift to desktop and press alt+tab in the thumbnail all other programs show but WDAdesktop shows the grey thumbnail and when switching to it the desktop is unable to show up....
  6. google chrome tab not showing when alt+tabbed in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google chrome tab not showing when alt+tabbed in fullscreen mode: hi, i'm not sure if this is a chrome issue or an OS issue, but when i alt+tab while chrome is in fullscreen mode, the chrome window does not show up as one of the windows to tab to. i remember in the past it did, and suddenly it didnt anymore i have attached a picture of...
  7. Background apps showing when using alt-tab buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background apps showing when using alt-tab buttons: Off late when I use the Alt-Tab buttons IDM which runs in the background shows up. If I stop the program, it doesn't show up. Any way to stop this. Version 1903 OS Build 18362.295 Vijay. [ATTACH]...
  8. alt tab into desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab into desktop?: How do i alt tab into desktop like in windows 7? I don't like w + d. 77463
  9. ALT + TAB Show Desktop + Charms menu

in Windows 10 Support
    ALT + TAB Show Desktop + Charms menu: Hello! Is there any ways how to put "Show Desktop" back to ALT + TAB? It's the biggest annoyance I have had on Win 10 so far that I can't minimize all my crap and switch to desktop with ALT+TAB (got to use WINKEY + D) Also any ideas how to get charms menu to appear from...
  10. Alt-Tab To Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab To Desktop: Is it possible to add desktop back to the alt-tab menu? 52798