Windows 10: Alt-tab switcher popping up and interrupting games

Discus and support Alt-tab switcher popping up and interrupting games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having a problem with the alt-tab switcher popping up and interrupting games and it is driving me crazy! I will be seriously indebted to anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Fistagon1980, May 1, 2020.

1. Alt-tab switcher popping up and interrupting games

I am having a problem with the alt-tab switcher popping up and interrupting games and it is driving me crazy! I will be seriously indebted to anyone who can help solve this for me.

Here's some additional info:

1 It's not that the window is fully minimizing, just that the window switcher is popping up, as if I had pressed and held alt-tab it looks like the picture at the top of this article https://www.howtogeek.com/429223/master-windows-10s-alttab-switcher-with-these-tricks/, except that the switcher is overlaid over the game window rather than being overlaid over the desktop. This still totally interrupts the game and is basically ruining it for me.

2 I have a Lenovo Y520 laptop and WIndows 10

3 The issue occurs when running graphically intense games specifically I've had the issue with Mordhau and Call of Duty. This is going to sound crazy, but it happens at specific times in the games, not randomly. Specifically, it happens when I get hit or shot in the games. I know that sounds completely ridiculous but I swear it is true. This sounds even crazier, but it only happens when in multiplayer. I can play the games single-player without issue.

4 I do not have the issue when running less graphically intense games like Civ 6.

5 Here are things I have already tried that have NOT fixed the issue:

A - Updating graphics driver

B - Using autohotkey to disable the alt-tab and windows buttons

C - Checking event logs to see if there are events that coincide with the alt-tab switcher showing up

D- Running the games in windowed, fullscreen, fullscreen borderless, or extended fullscreen modes

6 My system meets the requirements for these games, and I don't have frame rate issues when playing.

:)

Fistagon1980, May 1, 2020

2. Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.

Hi Simon,

The multitasking capability of a game depends on the total memory of your computer. If you have large amounts of RAM on your computer, it can multitask heavy programs easily like high-end games. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution
    for your concerns with the alt-tab function, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Have you pressed the alt-tab key during you play Rainbow Six Siege? Or it just happen without pressing it?
    • Does the automatic ALT-TAB behavior happens on other games?
    • Do you have any other programs running on your computer while playing?
    • What is the anti-virus program you're using?
    • What is your device or system specifications? To know, follow these steps:
      1. Press Windows + S and type
        About your PC
      2. Send us the information listed under Device specifications.

Moving forward, if you're multitasking while playing, we recommend that you play this game only without doing other tasks. Pressing ALT-TAB or performing a multitasking interferes with the performance of your video card, especially if you're running a heavy
    game like Rainbow Six Siege. It will generate screen viewing issues like intermittently switching your game screen between your desktop environment.

For now, restart your game and do not press ALT+TAB while playing. This will allow your video card to dedicate its graphics performance on the game only instead of your desktop environment.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, May 1, 2020
  3. mrhuggles Win User
    alt + tab not working

i always just use the windows key to get back to the desktop [pops up the start dealy, doesn't need anything to alt+tab to]

mrhuggles, May 1, 2020
  4. Alt-tab switcher popping up and interrupting games

Task switcher or Alt+Tab in Windows 10 - not showing all open instances of the same program/ application

Dear all,

I noted that in Windows 10, when using some program/ application with tabs (e.g. in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Internet Explorer), say if I have 4 tabs opened, with both Alt+Tab or WIN+Tab; the switcher will not show all 4 instances of tabs opened for me
    to switch to; rather, it will only show the last used tab in the switcher.

in such a case, I am not able to switch to all opened instances of the same application by using either Alt+Tab or WIN+ Tab (which is quite inconvenient).

May I know is there any setting in Windows 10 which can allow the app switcher to show all opened instances (even in the same application but different tabs?)

Many thanks!

Joeycheunghoyin, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Alt-tab switcher popping up and interrupting games

1. Alt-tab switcher popping up and interrupting games - Similar Threads - Alt tab switcher

2. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game alt + tab lag: hello,I have this reoccurring issue with most, if not all, games on my pc. When I have a full screen game open and try to alt + tab into\out of the game the screen goes dark for a few seconds 2-3 usually and then goes through with the action. Any sounds active during that...
  3. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game alt + tab lag: hello,I have this reoccurring issue with most, if not all, games on my pc. When I have a full screen game open and try to alt + tab into\out of the game the screen goes dark for a few seconds 2-3 usually and then goes through with the action. Any sounds active during that...
  4. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Command prompt pops up and closes all my Opera tabs and alt tabs me out of games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt pops up and closes all my Opera tabs and alt tabs me out of games: I've tried every method yall recommended on hear.Command prompt is too fast to see what it says, though I think the one time I saw it it was nothing really there.sfc scannowrestore healthTurned on tpm and installed windows 11I'm not finding a solution!Only thing I haven't...
  6. Command prompt pops up and closes all my Opera tabs and alt tabs me out of games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command prompt pops up and closes all my Opera tabs and alt tabs me out of games: I've tried every method yall recommended on hear.Command prompt is too fast to see what it says, though I think the one time I saw it it was nothing really there.sfc scannowrestore healthTurned on tpm and installed windows 11I'm not finding a solution!Only thing I haven't...
  7. Alt tab keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Alt tab keeps popping up: After last update alt+tab keeps popping up every second, I didn't know what is the problem so I reset windows, but the problem still there , now I can't uninstall the updates. What should I do please?...
  8. Alt tab not minimising some games?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt tab not minimising some games?: I have a single monitor. I used to be able to alt tab out of a full screen game and it would minimize in the background until I opened it again. As of a couple of days ago about half the games I've tried that used to run full screen fine no longer minimize when I alt tab and...
  9. "Alt-Tab" impacts Gaming performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Alt-Tab" impacts Gaming performance: This issue seems to be noticed and cared by very few users on Windows. Users who multitask Alt-Tab when playing games, are vulnerable to this problem. I have been noticing inconsistencies in input latency, bad frame pacing etc., regardless of "Fullscreen optimizations"...
  10. Games / Other windows popping up over background when alt tabbing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Games / Other windows popping up over background when alt tabbing: I'm having an issue that drives me insane. The best I can do is try to explain it. When I play any games. If I want to alt tab to desktop, I have to first alt tab to something else, then hit the show desktop tab. Once I do that, if I click ANYTHING ELSE RUNNING, like if I...