Windows 10: Alt-Tab To Desktop

Discus and support Alt-Tab To Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to add desktop back to the alt-tab menu? 52798 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Spork, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Spork Win User

Alt-Tab To Desktop

Is it possible to add desktop back to the alt-tab menu?

:)

Spork, Jun 8, 2016

2. Access to desktop with ALT + TAB [W10]

Thank you for your answer.

I just followed your instructions (my keyboard was updated), but I still can't switch to my desktop with ALT + TAB.

Here is what I get:

Alt-Tab To Desktop [​IMG]

But I'd like to have one more option: getting to the desktop, like I was used to, and pleased of, on W8:

http://www.umpcportal.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Desktop.jpg

(not my screen, I got it on the internet)

Merci d'avance,

Xavier

XabiXavier, Jun 8, 2016
  3. Access to desktop with ALT + TAB [W10]

Hi Xavier,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know is the Tab key is working?

This issue may occur due to the key board driver is out of dated. Try the below steps and check.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate for the keyboard and expand it.

• Now right click on the keyboard and click on update.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 8, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Alt-Tab To Desktop

Alt+Tab works but on mine only until I release the Alt key. There is a Peek/Show Desktop at the far right end of the Taskbar [beyond the clock] similar to Win7 where holding the mouse over it shows the Desktop but clicking on it minimizes everything and clicking again restores it.

Berton, Jun 9, 2016
  5. AndreTen Win User
    Or you can press WIN+D together.

AndreTen, Jun 9, 2016
  6. Spork Win User
    I know I always forget about that. Just wondering if it was possible, It was in windows 8 and 8.1.

Spork, Jun 10, 2016
  7. AndreTen Win User
    Yes I'm aware of this. Don't think it's possible.

There are ways to make shortcuts to show desktop, but there is already win+D so nothing new is achieved by this.

AndreTen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Alt-Tab To Desktop

1. Alt-Tab To Desktop - Similar Threads - Alt Tab Desktop

2. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: Hai.While using the Alt+Tab feature, I would like to hide certain windows from appearing in it. Because, I use two screens for multi tasking and have certain windows idly open. This makes the Alt+tab too clumsy and difficult to choose the app that I need. Any suggestions...
  3. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt+Tab: Hai.While using the Alt+Tab feature, I would like to hide certain windows from appearing in it. Because, I use two screens for multi tasking and have certain windows idly open. This makes the Alt+tab too clumsy and difficult to choose the app that I need. Any suggestions...
  4. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  5. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  6. Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing: After the windows 10 update, whenever I alt tab is shows my desktop background instead of the focused app. Instead of it being like this: [IMG] I want it to be like this: [ATTACH] Anyone know how to change this?...
  7. Why is there no way to Alt + Tab to desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is there no way to Alt + Tab to desktop?: I play video games on my PC in fullscreen and I have the windows key disabled most of the time. It's in the vicinity of important gaming keys like Ctrl, Shift, and Alt. I don't want the start menu popping up in the middle of my game so that's why I keep it disabled. Win + D...
  8. alt tab into desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab into desktop?: How do i alt tab into desktop like in windows 7? I don't like w + d. 77463
  9. Restore Desktop option to Alt-Tab?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restore Desktop option to Alt-Tab?: I'm going to guess that this was asked about before, but, something that has bothered me about Windows 10 is that you can no longer Alt-Tab back to the desktop. I liked this functionality back in Windows 7, but seeing that it's missing in 10 bothers me. I know that Win-D...
  10. alt tab (windows 10) to the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab (windows 10) to the desktop: So, just upgraded to windows 10 two days ago. Hasn’t had much time to play around with it. I have searched about all I can and can’t find a direct answer just keep finding different way to do it (which i already know). Is there a option that i have enabled to make it that my...