Windows 10: Alt + Tab when a program is busy

Discus and support Alt + Tab when a program is busy in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There's a game I play called Kerbal Space Program and it often takes a long time at loading screens. I'd like to Alt + Tab out of the game during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by THX1138, Jul 31, 2016.

1. THX1138 Win User

Alt + Tab when a program is busy

There's a game I play called Kerbal Space Program and it often takes a long time at loading screens. I'd like to Alt + Tab out of the game during loading but the problem is that the Alt + Tab take a long time to be registered by which time the loading is almost, if not completely, finished anyway. Is there anything I can do to make Windows listen to my Alt + Tab presses?

:)

THX1138, Jul 31, 2016

2. ALT+TAB in Windows 10 when switching between 2 files of same program

Instead of pressing Alt+Tab twice, try holding Alt and press tab (but keep holding Alt). What is highlighted? Is it highlighting something else than what you expect?

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 31, 2016
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Switching between programs (alt-tab, win-tab)

Hi,

Thank you for posting In Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you installed all pending updates?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    Once you are on the desktop, install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I suggest you to boot the computer in Safe mode and check the status of the issue.

Method 1: Try booting the system in Safe Mode and check the status of the issue.

Safe mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services. Refer the link below for steps to boot in Safe Mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...ther-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

In case the issue doesn’t occur in Safe Mode try performing a Clean boot to
    check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Method 2: Perform a Clean boot on the system

How to troubleshoot problem by performing clean boot in Windows:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Refer
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Also refer the troubleshooting steps provided in the article below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Jul 31, 2016
Thema:

Alt + Tab when a program is busy

1. Alt + Tab when a program is busy - Similar Threads - Alt Tab program

2. Disable or remap Alt+Tab when program is active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable or remap Alt+Tab when program is active: Hello,I am wondering if there is a way to disable Alt+Tab when a specific program is active.For example if the Xbox app or a specific game on my windows machine is running, Alt+Tab should be disabled.I could change the behaviour to a different key combination, but I would...
  3. Disable or remap Alt+Tab when program is active

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable or remap Alt+Tab when program is active: Hello,I am wondering if there is a way to disable Alt+Tab when a specific program is active.For example if the Xbox app or a specific game on my windows machine is running, Alt+Tab should be disabled.I could change the behaviour to a different key combination, but I would...
  4. Disable or remap Alt+Tab when program is active

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop not showing when alt+tab but other opened program show

Desktop not showing when alt+tab but other opened program show: I am facing an issue when i am using other programs and want to shift to desktop and press alt+tab in the thumbnail all other programs show but WDAdesktop shows the grey thumbnail and when switching to it the desktop is unable to show up....
  6. ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB: When I try use ALT TAB to look for other windows, and comeback to original windows, the menu got highlighted in original windowsExample:When I try to type this question, and ALT TAB twice, I need to press ESC to exit menu highlight. its a bit annoying when you need to type...
  7. ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB

ALT highlight trigger when press ALT + TAB: When I try use ALT TAB to look for other windows, and comeback to original windows, the menu got highlighted in original windowsExample:When I try to type this question, and ALT TAB twice, I need to press ESC to exit menu highlight. its a bit annoying when you need to type...
  8. [BUG] Slow ALT+Tabbing between programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [BUG] Slow ALT+Tabbing between programs: don't know what's happening, but alt+tab freezes for a bit, it used to be simultaneous before. submitted by /u/nwr83 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dpt8rs/bug_slow_alttabbing_between_programs/
  9. Hide program icon and its name when alt+tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide program icon and its name when alt+tab: Hello Shawn and Everyone, I want to ask please if there any way to hide the program icon and its name when alt+tab on Windows 10 (see the screenshot please): https://i.imgur.com/BjxOg0e.png any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance and Best Regards to All. 118502
  10. Alt-Tab Showing "Hidden" Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab Showing "Hidden" Programs: Hi all, I recently downloaded Windows 10 Pro and Display Fusion (I prefer it) for my multi-monitor setup and now when I alt-tab I see : [img] Which are many miscellaneous applications that seemingly have no use. I'm not quite sure if it's a problem with my Windows or...