Windows 10: Alt+Tab / window switching sometimes doesn't work?

Discus and support Alt+Tab / window switching sometimes doesn't work? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As per GIF below, sometimes after resuming from sleep, alt+tab / window switching stops working. the only ways for it to work are: 1. win+D to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tententwenty, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Alt+Tab / window switching sometimes doesn't work?

As per GIF below, sometimes after resuming from sleep, alt+tab / window switching stops working. the only ways for it to work are:

1. win+D to go desktop first, then go to app (and I have to repeat it every time I switch apps)
    2. OR restart the PC

I tried restarting just explorer.exe but it doesn't work. Any workaround for this without having to restart PC?

Alt+Tab / window switching sometimes doesn't work? 3a9Xh2d.gif

:)

tententwenty, Feb 11, 2021

2. alt + tab not working

*Confused Alt+Tab / window switching sometimes doesn't work? :confused: I can alt tab back even if i don't have another program to switch too.

spearman914, Feb 11, 2021
  3. alt + tab not working

Alt+Tab only works if there is something in the background to switch to. If there is nothing to switch to (the game that has focus is the only thing running), the command isn't executed.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Alt+Tab / window switching sometimes doesn't work?

alt + tab not working

Scratching head, going "duh"... *Wink Alt+Tab / window switching sometimes doesn't work? ;)

Sasqui, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Alt+Tab / window switching sometimes doesn't work?

1. Alt+Tab / window switching sometimes doesn't work? - Similar Threads - Alt+Tab window switching

2. Alt-Tab Windows switch lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt-Tab Windows switch lag: Alt-Tab Windows switch lagWhen I open any app and time it takes 2-3 sec to load I switch windows using alt-tab and it lags like hell. Here lag means whenever I use alt-tab when I tap the tab again and again to reach the desired window it just takes longer and lags to reach...
  3. Alt+tab doesn't work all of the sudden!

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt+tab doesn't work all of the sudden!: Hey, alt+tab stopped working. I can alt+tab outside of a game, but I can't alt+tab back. Also when I click on panel it doesn't alt+tab back, game is responding tho - I mean in task manager. Same happens even for some 2d programs. I can't bring it up by alt+tab, or clicking on...
  4. Alt-Tab randomly skips a window sometimes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Alt-Tab randomly skips a window sometimes: When I press alt + tab a couple of times, sometimes the pointer just skips a window and hops onto another one. Suppose there are three windows, A, B and C. I am alt-tabbing between A and B. So A, B, A, B. Then randomly, the pointer suddenly jumps to window C. So while...
  5. Alt-tab switching intermittently stops working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt-tab switching intermittently stops working: Hi All, I have what looks like a weird driver issue with my keyboard. Alt-tab switching intermittently stops working in Windows 10. Sometimes this happens after the computer wakes up from sleep, but sometimes simply after some time has passed. The keyboard keeps working...
  6. Sometimes Alt+Tab works strangely

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sometimes Alt+Tab works strangely: If press Alt+Tab in Windows, the currently running programs are listed horizontally, right? So if you take your finger off of it, the last app you chose should be selected right away... But strangely, a white focus box stops AFTER a round of rotation. I thought it was a...
  7. Alt tab doesn't work in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt tab doesn't work in Windows 10: In order to switch between apps in windows 10 you have to do a double alt+tab. Single Alt+tab takes you to the same app. WHAT CRAP is this. 113752
  8. Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10: In Windows 7 and before Alt+Tab switched between applications. Now Alt+Tab flashes screen and stays on the app. Have to do Alt+Tab twice to change. 113483
  9. ALT + TAB Not switching on release

in Windows 10 Support
    ALT + TAB Not switching on release: Hi, I've been having a bit of trouble with Windows the last few days, which has to to lead me to reinstall it over my current windows. Just mentioning it in case it might be relevant. But my problem is that I'm used to having to press ALT+TAB and it would display the...
  10. ALT+TAB doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Support
    ALT+TAB doesn't work.: So, my alt tab does not really work. It temporarily freezes my computer and or/ becomes unresponsive for a short period of time. I alt tab and it shows the tabs that I can go into, but it stops from there. Then it proceeds to reload my desktop and task bar, and then the alt...