Windows 10: Alt-Tabbing Automatically Turns Maximized Applications into Windowed Form

Discus and support Alt-Tabbing Automatically Turns Maximized Applications into Windowed Form in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, when I alt-tab, applications that I originally had maximized e.g. Discord, Opera GX, Spotify turn into windowed form, and I have to re-maximize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cyclxne., Jun 26, 2022.

1. Cyclxne. Win User

Alt-Tabbing Automatically Turns Maximized Applications into Windowed Form

Hello, when I alt-tab, applications that I originally had maximized e.g. Discord, Opera GX, Spotify turn into windowed form, and I have to re-maximize them. Window support was completely unhelpful and just told me this was a 'feature' of a new update, when it is clearly an annoying bug. If anyone here can tell me a potential fix or workaround for this, that would be greatly appreciated.I suspect it has something to do with the new Snap Windows setting in Windows 11, since Spotify resizes to the left side of my monitor every time. However, this is clearly not functioning properly, as even aft

:)

Cyclxne., Jun 26, 2022
  2. eddyq Win User

Alt/Tab has changed

I recently upgraded from W7 to W10. On W7 alt/tab would expand each open application window such that they were full size when alt/tab'd or mouse'd over to it. But on W10 they do not show full size unless you bring the app into focus by releasing alt/tab. I suspect MS did that because on W7 they had a bug whereby the list of open icons would fall behind current windows. But that was fixed with with a 3rd party app (AltTabFixOnce.exe).

Does anyone know how to get back the W7 form of alt/tab?

Eddy

eddyq, Jun 26, 2022
  3. GAS
    Gas Win User
    Alt/Tab has changed

Hello, here is a list of all keyboard shortcuts in W10:
    Keyboard shortcuts - Windows Help

I think it will be very useful to you.

4. Ernie San Win User

How do I turn automatic emoticons OFF in Windows Mail?

Thank you for the information. To turn-off your emoticons on Windows Mail application, we suggest following the steps below:

• Launch your Mail application.
    • Press ALT + F+ O + M.
    • On the Compose tab, uncheck the Convert special keystrokes to emoticons.
    • Click Apply > OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Alt-Tabbing Automatically Turns Maximized Applications into Windowed Form - Similar Threads - Alt Tabbing Automatically

2. alt+tab is different with each application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alt+tab is different with each application: why do some apps alt+tab differently than others? for example last night i was playing game Watch_Dogs, and i use the alt+tab it brings up the old UI with the icons.but when i alt+tab in Edge/Steam/Microsoft Word, it came normal using Windows 11 alt+tab UIwhat happened?...
  3. alt+tab is different with each application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alt+tab is different with each application: why do some apps alt+tab differently than others? for example last night i was playing game Watch_Dogs, and i use the alt+tab it brings up the old UI with the icons.but when i alt+tab in Edge/Steam/Microsoft Word, it came normal using Windows 11 alt+tab UIwhat happened?...
  4. Minimized Applications Return in Windowed Form Instead of Maximized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimized Applications Return in Windowed Form Instead of Maximized: Hello, when I alt-tab or try to go back to a open application after minimizing it or going to my desktop, applications that I originally had maximized e.g. Discord, Opera GX, Spotify turn into windowed form, and I have to re-maximize them. Window support was completely...
  5. Minimized Applications Return in Windowed Form Instead of Maximized

Minimized Applications Return in Windowed Form Instead of Maximized: Hello, when I alt-tab or try to go back to a open application after minimizing it or going to my desktop, applications that I originally had maximized e.g. Discord, Opera GX, Spotify turn into windowed form, and I have to re-maximize them. Window support was completely...
  6. Alt-Tabbing Automatically Turns Maximized Applications into Windowed Form

Alt-Tabbing Automatically Turns Maximized Applications into Windowed Form: Hello, when I alt-tab, applications that I originally had maximized e.g. Discord, Opera GX, Spotify turn into windowed form, and I have to re-maximize them. Window support was completely unhelpful and just told me this was a 'feature' of a new update, when it is clearly an...
  7. Alt tab breaking applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt tab breaking applications: I tried to play srb2 today, but alt-tab would break the game. And my start menu won't work, as well as explorer. And right-click. Please can someone help me with this?...
  8. Stop Automatic Alt-Tabbing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop Automatic Alt-Tabbing: So pretty much lets say i have a game running and am tabbed in play said game, i alt tab out to launch discord or whatever application, then after launching the app, i tab back into my game, once that app launches, it tabs me out of my game and into that app. How do i stop...
  9. Alt+Tab Is automatically moving my windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt+Tab Is automatically moving my windows: The issue is when I have any window on my second monitor, be it Spotify or a browser listening to YouTube, while I'm playing a game on my main monitor and I Alt+Tab to change the song/video, windows will automatically minimize my game and move my program on the second monitor...
  10. No maximize or minimize tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No maximize or minimize tab: Issue with no minimize or maximize tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/no-maximize-or-minimize-tab/68847e49-620a-4f91-b9f4-7d41a540c126