Windows 10: Alt Tabbing between Browser and Games takes ages since the new update.

Discus and support Alt Tabbing between Browser and Games takes ages since the new update. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Title. Playing fullscreen is a pain now. LoL takes 5 seconds to maximize. Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks in advance. 109929 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by proxeh, May 11, 2018.

1. proxeh Win User

Alt Tabbing between Browser and Games takes ages since the new update.

Title. Playing fullscreen is a pain now. LoL takes 5 seconds to maximize. Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks in advance.

:)

proxeh, May 11, 2018

2. new update.

yesterday i updated to a new windows update and it **** my pc hard. all games i now try to play takes ages to log into. and every single game freezes when i tab in and out. WHAT IS THE **** REASON FOR THIS

Bendikkarlsen, May 11, 2018
  3. OMohammed Win User
    Opening programs changes Alt+Tab Order

The problem I'm having is that when I open a new file in a program that is already open, all of the windows of that type are brought to the foreground with the new one in front (theres a more detailed explanation at the bottom if this is not clear). This
    becomes an annoying problem when I try to use alt+tab because now the order of my programs is completely messed up and takes switching between multiple windows over and over again. I've never had this problem in windows 7, 8, or 8.1 so I think it may be a
    new feature in windows 10. This has really been annoying me and really hinders productivity. I have been unable to find any solutions for it. Please Help!

Detailed explanation:

Say that I have 4 windows open: one browser, word file A, and word file B, and one pdf. I am working between the PDF and the browser and am happily alt+tabing to switch between the two. The order of my alt+Tab list is : browser, pdf, word A, word B.

Next I need to open another word document (word C) for reference or later use. I open the document, but when the file opens in word, the window with word A and the window with word B come to the foreground, then word C comes up as my active window. Now the
    order of my alt+tab list is: Word C, Word A, Word B, browser, pdf.

This means that I have to alt+tab 4 times and then 5 times to bring the browser and pdf back to the foreground. I want to make it so that when I open word C, it opens as the active window and does not bump the other word documents up as well. The alt+tab
    order should be: Word C, browser, pdf, word A, word B.

OMohammed, May 11, 2018
Thema:

Alt Tabbing between Browser and Games takes ages since the new update.

1. Alt Tabbing between Browser and Games takes ages since the new update. - Similar Threads - Alt Tabbing between

2. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game alt + tab lag: hello,I have this reoccurring issue with most, if not all, games on my pc. When I have a full screen game open and try to alt + tab into\out of the game the screen goes dark for a few seconds 2-3 usually and then goes through with the action. Any sounds active during that...
  3. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game alt + tab lag: hello,I have this reoccurring issue with most, if not all, games on my pc. When I have a full screen game open and try to alt + tab into\out of the game the screen goes dark for a few seconds 2-3 usually and then goes through with the action. Any sounds active during that...
  4. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Underrated feature? Browser tabs in ALT+TAB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Underrated feature? Browser tabs in ALT+TAB: I've seen a few people moaning about this but personally I think it's a great feature For those that aren't aware, the latest Windows 10 can display browser tabs from Edge in the ALT+TAB screen. At home, I run a combination of full screen apps and a few common websites, and...
  6. [Question] Changing Alt-Tab browser

[Question] Changing Alt-Tab browser: Is it possible with the register or any script to change the browser use for the alt tab instead of microsoft edge ? submitted by /u/GG667 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k3a9d9/question_changing_alttab_browser/
  7. Alt-tab has a bug since 20H2

Alt-tab has a bug since 20H2: Hello, since 20H2 I found a bug. I use alt-tab a lot to change between the last 2 windows repeatedly. For example, I change from an Edge window to a Word document several times. After installing 20H2, I noticed MS thought it was useful to include the Edge tabs in the...
  8. Since 2004, explorer crashes on alt-tab

Since 2004, explorer crashes on alt-tab: Hi, I have a problem now since updating to May 2004 Update, which is that the explorer frequently crashes when alt-tabbing between processes. I had this problem one or two years ago already and essentially fixed it by checking the option to run each window in its own process...
  9. [BUG] Slow ALT+Tabbing between programs

[BUG] Slow ALT+Tabbing between programs: don't know what's happening, but alt+tab freezes for a bit, it used to be simultaneous before. submitted by /u/nwr83 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dpt8rs/bug_slow_alttabbing_between_programs/
  10. Checking for updates taking ages

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Checking for updates taking ages: Win 10 machine. Got it yesterday, it was checking for updates fine last night. In this evening and I thought I'd do a manual check but it's been running as checking for updates about 15 mins now. Is this normal. There is no way to cancel the check and kick it back off acain...