Windows 10: Alt+Tabbing out of games causes low fps when entering back into the games. Manually...

Discus and support Alt+Tabbing out of games causes low fps when entering back into the games. Manually... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, this is the issue that I am having with games when I alt tab out and back into the games, the games run at lower fps in less I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrantBolton1, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Alt+Tabbing out of games causes low fps when entering back into the games. Manually...

Hi everyone, this is the issue that I am having with games when I alt tab out and back into the games, the games run at lower fps in less I can at+enter or manually change the game from full screen to windowed back to full screen to have my fps return to normal. This video shows exactly what I am talking about so you guys have a better idea about what the issue exactly is if you chose to help me out. If you do watch the video try leaving a comment on how I could fix the issue, thank you.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPbWG-Z_pJQAlso when playing ATS my Logitech software for the game do

:)

BrantBolton1, Aug 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 and LOW FPS in games

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Are you facing this issue with a particular game or with all games?

I suggest you to go into the games settings and check if the FPS is set to low. IF its low then change it into high.

Also see if the Monitor screen resolution matches the game screen resolution. You can check it by going into the setting of the game and check.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 14, 2021
  3. Low FPS in games.

Hi,

Corrupted components of your system is one possible reason why you are experiencing FPS drop. Here are methods on
    how to troubleshoot low FPS on Windows 10:

Method 1: Switch the Game bar off.

The Game bar is switched on by default. First, switch the Game bar off via the Settings app. You can configure the Game bar’s settings as follows:

1. First, press the Cortana button and enter ‘settings’ in the search box. Select to open the Settings app.

2. Alternatively, you can also press the Win key + I hotkey to open Settings.

3. Next, click Gaming to open the options shown in the snapshot directly below.

4. Select Game bar on the left of the Settings window.

5.Then toggle the Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar setting switch to Off.

6. Below that setting there’s a Show game bar when I play full-screen games Microsoft has verified option. Uncheck that option’s check box so that it’s not selected.

Method 2: Update the Graphics Card Driver.

The low FPS issue can also be due to an outdated graphics card driver. Maybe the graphics card
    driver needs updating. This is how you can update it in Windows 10:

1. Open the Win + X menu by pressing the Win key + X hotkey.

2. Select Device Manager on the Win + X menu.

3. Now click Display adapters on the Device Manager window.

4. Right-click the listed graphics card to open the context menu, and select the Update driver option.

5. Select the Search automatically for updated driver software option on the Update Drivers window.

6. If Windows finds anything, follow the further guidelines to install the driver; and then restart Windows.

Let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, Aug 14, 2021
  4. Alt+Tabbing out of games causes low fps when entering back into the games. Manually...

Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.

Hi Simon,

The multitasking capability of a game depends on the total memory of your computer. If you have large amounts of RAM on your computer, it can multitask heavy programs easily like high-end games. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution
    for your concerns with the alt-tab function, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Have you pressed the alt-tab key during you play Rainbow Six Siege? Or it just happen without pressing it?
    • Does the automatic ALT-TAB behavior happens on other games?
    • Do you have any other programs running on your computer while playing?
    • What is the anti-virus program you're using?
    • What is your device or system specifications? To know, follow these steps:
      1. Press Windows + S and type
        About your PC
      2. Send us the information listed under Device specifications.

Moving forward, if you're multitasking while playing, we recommend that you play this game only without doing other tasks. Pressing ALT-TAB or performing a multitasking interferes with the performance of your video card, especially if you're running a heavy
    game like Rainbow Six Siege. It will generate screen viewing issues like intermittently switching your game screen between your desktop environment.

For now, restart your game and do not press ALT+TAB while playing. This will allow your video card to dedicate its graphics performance on the game only instead of your desktop environment.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

Alt+Tabbing out of games causes low fps when entering back into the games. Manually...

1. Alt+Tabbing out of games causes low fps when entering back into the games. Manually... - Similar Threads - Alt+Tabbing games causes

2. Low fps in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low fps in games: I suddenly had low fps in all my games so i tried fixing it and ran into several problemssfc doesnt work i get the error Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service, DISM doesnt work, i have low fps in all my games, i cant do an update because i get the...
  3. Low fps in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low fps in games: I suddenly had low fps in all my games so i tried fixing it and ran into several problemssfc doesnt work i get the error Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service, DISM doesnt work, i have low fps in all my games, i cant do an update because i get the...
  4. Low fps in games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Low FPS Until Multiple ALT-TABs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low FPS Until Multiple ALT-TABs?: Hi,So I've been having a problem with my framerate in games on a new laptop that I just got a few days ago. As seen on the pictures that I took I couldn't record them, my games are usually low on fps most of the time. However when I alt-tab multiple times or fast enough, I...
  6. Low FPS Until Multiple ALT-TABs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low FPS Until Multiple ALT-TABs?: Hi,So I've been having a problem with my framerate in games on a new laptop that I just got a few days ago. As seen on the pictures that I took I couldn't record them, my games are usually low on fps most of the time. However when I alt-tab multiple times or fast enough, I...
  7. Low FPS Until Multiple ALT-TABs?

8. Alt+Tabbing out of games causes low fps when entering back into the games. Manually...

Alt+Tabbing out of games causes low fps when entering back into the games. Manually...: Hi everyone, this is the issue that I am having with games when I alt tab out and back into the games, the games run at lower fps in less I can at+enter or manually change the game from full screen to windowed back to full screen to have my fps return to normal. This video...
  9. Low FPS in online games out of nowhere.

Low FPS in online games out of nowhere.: So, i recently had an update on my latop and out of nowhere i cannot even play games because i have like 15 fps instead of 100 which is pretty bad and unplayable and i only want to know what happened because after reinstalling it and restarting etc. the problem is still here...
  10. Low FPS in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low FPS in games: Hi - My laptop is reasonably well spec'd: i7, RTX 2070, 32 GB RAM. For whatever reason, games like Minecraft and GTA V don't run as smoothly as they used to, getting only about 70 and 40 FPS respectively. Is there anything I can do to fix it other than updating my...