Windows 10: Alt+Tabbing to Mail app selects ribbon instead of the email text

Discus and support Alt+Tabbing to Mail app selects ribbon instead of the email text in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having this problem recently (after the last update?) where alt+tabbing to the Windows Mail application selects the "Format" button in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bokbokwhoosh, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Alt+Tabbing to Mail app selects ribbon instead of the email text

Hello, I've been having this problem recently (after the last update?) where alt+tabbing to the Windows Mail application selects the "Format" button in the menu instead of the email I was writing. Eg: I'm writing an email on mail, I alt+tab to notepad, copy text, alt+tab back to Mail - you'd expect the cursor to be where I left it while composing the email, but instead, I get the "Format" tab in the top ribbon selected. This is inconvenient, because now I need to use my mouse to click in the compose section and continue writing. Especially annoying when I need to hop to and fro from several apps to collect information. Weirdly enough, once on the "Format" tab, hitting the tab key just cycles between the different tabs (Format, Insert, Draw, Options) and I can never get the cursor down to the compose section using just the keyboard. I'm attaching a screenshot of what it looks like when I alt+tab back to Mail. Any help appreciated! Thank you! Mail version: Version 16005.13426.20920.0 My Windows version: 21H1 build 19043.1110

:)

bokbokwhoosh, Jul 16, 2021

2. While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Jul 16, 2021
  3. Bastet Win User
    error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

Yes, once 2-factor authentication is enabled you should then create the app specific password & enter it instead of the account password.

Bastet, Jul 16, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Alt+Tabbing to Mail app selects ribbon instead of the email text

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Alt+Tabbing to Mail app selects ribbon instead of the email text :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

Alt+Tabbing to Mail app selects ribbon instead of the email text

1. Alt+Tabbing to Mail app selects ribbon instead of the email text - Similar Threads - Alt+Tabbing Mail app

2. outlook.live.com email ribbon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook.live.com email ribbon: When I access my Microsoft out.live.com email account, the ribbon bar is faded out, as per screen shot 1.It is not until I click on an email, that the ribbon icons appear, as per screen shot 2.Can anyone please explain why?...
  3. outlook.live.com email ribbon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook.live.com email ribbon: When I access my Microsoft out.live.com email account, the ribbon bar is faded out, as per screen shot 1.It is not until I click on an email, that the ribbon icons appear, as per screen shot 2.Can anyone please explain why?...
  4. outlook.live.com email ribbon

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Selections for Ribbon!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Selections for Ribbon!: Hello community!I worked with windows and it's applications kinda a lot! The new "Ribbon" of windows explorer has very cool features, but it's missing a one! And that is a section for "SELECTIONS"! I would put it somewhere next to "Layout" ! Featuring file selecting types...
  6. Alt+Tab not switching apps anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt+Tab not switching apps anymore: Alt+Tab is not working anymore to switch between open programs. Instead it just toggles between items in the open program. How can i fix this? I'm still on version 1909 but worked fine couple of days ago. Not sure what broke it. Maybe a recent windows update? Anybody else...
  7. Home tab on Wordpad ribbon

Home tab on Wordpad ribbon: Hi. Just had a Windows 10 update which has resurrected WordPad as a cheap & cheerful 'simple' text editor. I quite used to enjoy using earlier version, mainly for its simplicity of use. This latest incarnation Win 10 v1909, however, doesn't let me access the 'HOME' tab on...
  8. emails not showing full text in windows 10 mail app

emails not showing full text in windows 10 mail app: i am having a strange problem with the mail app on windows 10, when my wife sends me a email from apple notes with a table in it i can open the email in my android mail app with no problem. On the windows ten email app when my email notification comes up it shows me the...
  9. Mail closes when email selected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mail closes when email selected: Just started having issue open Mail once I select an email it opens and Mail closes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-closes-when-email-selected/a6c2d04c-e6c3-452a-9b47-26ee0b522d57
  10. Showing Icons on Alt+Tab and Selection with Mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Showing Icons on Alt+Tab and Selection with Mouse: Hello, I have tried the registry tweak to turn back to classic ALT+TAB, showing icons (not windows) and it works great, but without mouse selection. On my previous Win 8.1 it was possible to click and select with mouse on any icon. Is there any way to activate on Win 10...