Windows 10: Alternate folders automatically created in Windows 10

Discus and support Alternate folders automatically created in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today, I was scanning some photos on my HP Officejet 3830 All-in-one printer/scanner. When I tried to edit the photos, in Picasa3, I began to get error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DottyR, Apr 25, 2020.

1. DottyR Win User

Alternate folders automatically created in Windows 10

Today, I was scanning some photos on my HP Officejet 3830 All-in-one printer/scanner. When I tried to edit the photos, in Picasa3, I began to get error messages that I could not save this file. So, I began to save it with a different name. Then, I looked at the files in File Explorer and I find there seems to be an alternate file folder with subfolders that show part of the original foldername and a ~ and a number beside it, as in the image below. I'm afraid to delete these... What made this happen? I don't know if the scanner program or Picasa3 created these.

Please help!

Alternate folders automatically created in Windows 10 c03772cd-25ae-4d1c-9028-a316b58cf68a?upload=true.png

:)

DottyR, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 25, 2020
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Alternate folders automatically created in Windows 10

CREATE FOLDER

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as there is a lag while creating a new folder on the desktop.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Does it lag when you create a new folder in Documents, Downloads or any other location on the PC?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to refer the steps as mentioned in this article:
    Automatically diagnose and repair Windows
    file and folder problems

Also put the the PC in clean boot and try to create a new folder and check if there is any lag, refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    . A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.

Note: After you finish troubleshooting, follow the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to reset the computer to start normally.

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya_Roy, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Alternate folders automatically created in Windows 10

1. Alternate folders automatically created in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Alternate folders automatically

2. Does Windows automatically move files/folders to a newly created "pictures" folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows automatically move files/folders to a newly created "pictures" folder?: Good day kind people and thank you for your support!I have a kind of technical question regarding the Windows OS:I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 2017 with Windows 10. As I was running low on space, I wanted to change my “pictures” folder the default one in the quick access...
  3. Automatic creat folders in my pc.vloume d

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic creat folders in my pc.vloume d: I have upgraded my office laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I also do constantly keep running Windows update to ensure everything is latest.However from the time I have upgraded to Windows 11, there seem to be lot of system folders. being generated almost daily 3-4...
  4. Delete automatic created folders in /user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete automatic created folders in /user: Every time I log into windows and open the file explorer in my user folder, there are folders like "my contacts", "my documents" etc... Even if i delete them, they reappear as soon as i restart windows. How can i enable this, so that they´re gone for ever ? submitted by...
  5. Document folder and automatically created subfolders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Document folder and automatically created subfolders: Hi all, In my Documents folder, Windows automatically creates a Picture, Music, Videos and Downloads subfolder. I can sometimes delete these subfolders and sometimes I can't. However, whether I delete or move the subfolders, Windows will automatically recreate them in the...
  6. Folders automatically creating

Folders automatically creating: its been a month that i see around 100 new folders with 2words names like "fd, ff, da, 22, 53 and..." being created automatically on my E drive, everytime i delete those, they will be back few hours later, i have Scanned the whole PC with avast premium security but there was...
  7. Alternatives to Windows' automatic Mac randomization feature?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alternatives to Windows' automatic Mac randomization feature?: My WiFi adapter/driver doesn't seem to support this feature and the Randomize Mac option doesn't show in Settings as a result. Does anyone know how to fix this or have alternative solutions? submitted by /u/MSSFF [link] [comments]...
  8. Pictures folder automatically created

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures folder automatically created: Hello, I decided to use a subdirectory of my login to store my personal files, which include my own picture and video folders. Windows separately created its own pictures folder in this subdirectory, plus a 'shortcut-like' reference to it in 'This PC'. I can delete that...
  9. create automatic backup in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    create automatic backup in windows 10: How can create automatic backup in windows 10 for my external hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-automatic-backup-in-windows-10/3ce556df-f2c3-4618-82dd-2479bfd68c45
  10. I created one temp folder and windows 10 deleted this folder automatically!

I created one temp folder and windows 10 deleted this folder automatically!: it's weird but after several times i find out that Windows 10 deleting all folders with "temp" name automatically. The last times for me was 1 hour ago that I used hibernating to turn off my pc. After turned it on, my temp folder was deleted by window 10. Windows 10 doesn't...