Windows 10: Alternate method of reverting to a previous save or recovery state?

Discus and support Alternate method of reverting to a previous save or recovery state? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does anyone know if there's a way to recover my system to a previous backup or save state (can't think of the damn word -__-), other than the method of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DarkDense6943, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Alternate method of reverting to a previous save or recovery state?

Does anyone know if there's a way to recover my system to a previous backup or save state (can't think of the damn word -__-), other than the method of going through the "updates and security" route? My system just randomly started stuttering and lagging when gaming, and also giving me bluetooth connectivity issues occasionally, so this is the only thing I can think of to try to fix it without having to spend a whole week reinstalling all of my games.

The reason I ask if there's a different way of doing it, is because I tried the above mentioned method two times, and both times got an error message saying that the recovery data was basically no good or was "incomplete". And now it's not showing that there are any save states I can revert back to... but somehow I feel like they're just hiding away somewhere that I don't know about?

Can somebody help shine some light on any options I might have?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

submitted by /u/DarkDense6943
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DarkDense6943, Mar 3, 2021

2. reverting to previous build/version

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue.

• When the computer did froze? Is it when you tried to roll back?
    • Did you receive any error message?
    I suggest you to remove all the external devices plugged in to the computer and check if it helps to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, please restart the computer and check whether it rolled back or not. If it loads Windows 10,
    I suggest you to download the latest ISO of Windows 10 and perform automatic repair.

Download Windows 10

Steps to perform repair:

a) Insert the installation DVD or USB
    and boot Windows 8 from it.

b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

If you really would like to rollback, I suggest you to refer the below article on How to go back to the previous operating system (Windows 7/8.1) from Windows 10.

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 23rd, 2015

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 22nd, 2018

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy

to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Gary38914 Win User
    Revert back to previous versions

I installed Windows 10 1 week ago and need to revert to windows 8.1. I have tried both of your suggestion to revert and a) do not have a 'revert to windows 8.1' listing on my settings-restore page and b) when I restart the PC holding the shift key and
    select 'revert to previous build' I get a WDF Violation error and the system restarts Windows 10. There is a windows.old folder. I'm stuck, what can I do to restore Windows 8.1?

Gary38914, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

Alternate method of reverting to a previous save or recovery state?

MELSOFT (Mitsubishi GX DEVELOPER) is having problem but it is not solved yet

Method 1: Compatibility mode.

We suggest that you install the app in compatibility mode by following these steps:

• Right-click on the setup file of the app and select
      Properties

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the app install, and then check the functionality.
    If the above method doesn't work, we suggest that you follow the below methods.

Method 2: Update the app.

We suggest that you to update the app, and check if it resolves the issue.

If updating the app doesn't fix the issue, check the below method.

Method 3: Recovery options.

We suggest that you revert your PC to its previous state before the Anniversary update. To perform this, click on this link:

Recovery options in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Ramon Imp, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Alternate method of reverting to a previous save or recovery state?

1. Alternate method of reverting to a previous save or recovery state? - Similar Threads - Alternate method reverting

2. Windows Reverts to Previous State on Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Reverts to Previous State on Boot: Recently, my computer experienced a blue screen, and now whenever it is turned off or reset it seems to revert to the state it was in immediately before the blue screen. Any files that I download or move to any part of the computer are gone on reboot. Any files that I delete...
  3. Windows Reverts to Previous State on Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Reverts to Previous State on Boot: Recently, my computer experienced a blue screen, and now whenever it is turned off or reset it seems to revert to the state it was in immediately before the blue screen. Any files that I download or move to any part of the computer are gone on reboot. Any files that I delete...
  4. Windows Reverts to Previous State on Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Feedback - Alternative methods?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feedback - Alternative methods?: I am unable to download the Feedback Hub, due to company policy on my work computer. Is there any other way to provide feedback on changes you would like to see implemented in Microsoft Windows?I would really like to see Microsoft move the 'Unpin from Quick access' selection...
  6. Feedback - Alternative methods?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feedback - Alternative methods?: I am unable to download the Feedback Hub, due to company policy on my work computer. Is there any other way to provide feedback on changes you would like to see implemented in Microsoft Windows?I would really like to see Microsoft move the 'Unpin from Quick access' selection...
  7. Linux with w10 - alternative methods?

in Windows 10 Support
    Linux with w10 - alternative methods?: Is this a fair summary of the possible ways to use Linux on a machine with w10 already installed ? w10p 1909 build (up-to-date), digital license, MS Account linked, single user. Option 1: With w10 shutdown use a Linux live bootable usb and operate the Linux system only from...
  8. Failed revert to previous version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed revert to previous version: My son has tried to revert to previous win 10 version through settings and his PC now won't even get to the login screen. How does he resolve this, surely this should just work!!!...
  9. Alternative methods for unpinning from Start?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alternative methods for unpinning from Start?: I don't know if this is a bug or fluke, but I had two Office 2016 apps pinned to Start in Win10. Later, I uninstalled Office 2016. Instead of the two pinned items also disappearing, they stuck around, but now they're just blank squares that (of course) do nothing. The...
  10. Windows 10 reverts back to a previous state on EVERY reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 reverts back to a previous state on EVERY reboot: New to the forum so hello all. A few days ago my Pc started to act slow and slugging so i restarted it a couple of times and on the 3rd reboot it started a disc check. Once it finished it worked flawlessly BUT it had reverted to a previously unknown restore point. Ok i...