Windows 10: Alternate Method to report abusive OneDrive PDFs?

Discus and support Alternate Method to report abusive OneDrive PDFs? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is there an alternate method to report abusive PDFs than the site https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/concern/onedrive ? We occasionally get phishing... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Midgarn, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Midgarn Win User

Alternate Method to report abusive OneDrive PDFs?

Is there an alternate method to report abusive PDFs than the site https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/concern/onedrive ?

We occasionally get phishing attempts with OneDrive PDFs shared as shareable links - therefore the file is not explicitly shared with me, nor does it have any connection to the victim the threat actor is pretending to be.

The "report abuse in OneDrive" page requires an email address associated with the file, that I am unable to give. It also complains about the URL itself, despite it being a good format.

The URL I'm trying to report is below, but with spaces introduced to prevent an automatic hyperlink. Also including an image of the rogue PDF.

https :// onedrive . live . com / ?authkey= %21AAfxiZz0R%5FOBpwQ & cid= E4916BF8C609FA9B & id= E4916BF8C609FA9B%21109 &parId= root & o= OneUp

Respectfully,

Bob

Alternate Method to report abusive OneDrive PDFs? 05c9c1d4-fa60-4a42-b667-6448d4b31f87?upload=true.png

:)

Midgarn, Mar 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Best free PDF software?

I use:
    • UnityPDF to merge/split PDFs and to insert/extract pages
    • doPDF to create PDFs from any program that is capable of printing
    • Foxit Reader to view PDFs and to type in them

Static~Charge, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Anna Bon Win User

PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Alternate Method to report abusive OneDrive PDFs? - Similar Threads - Alternate Method report

2. How to report abuse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to report abuse: Idk I received a spam email from from:TUMI <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> via checkerautoparts.onmicrosoft.com to:{{null}} - privacy date:May 31, 2023,...
  3. How to report abuse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to report abuse: Idk I received a spam email from from:TUMI <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> via checkerautoparts.onmicrosoft.com to:{{null}} - privacy date:May 31, 2023,...
  4. Feedback - Alternative methods?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feedback - Alternative methods?: I am unable to download the Feedback Hub, due to company policy on my work computer. Is there any other way to provide feedback on changes you would like to see implemented in Microsoft Windows?I would really like to see Microsoft move the 'Unpin from Quick access' selection...
  5. Feedback - Alternative methods?

Feedback - Alternative methods?: I am unable to download the Feedback Hub, due to company policy on my work computer. Is there any other way to provide feedback on changes you would like to see implemented in Microsoft Windows?I would really like to see Microsoft move the 'Unpin from Quick access' selection...
  6. OneDrive reporting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive reporting: I am trying to understand how I can see how much data is both in the cloud in OneDrive and locally in OneDrive - we have a policy set to push to the data to cloud after 45 days, but if we were to have a laptop stolen - I can't tell how I could see how much data might still...
  7. OneDrive reporting

OneDrive reporting: I am trying to understand how I can see how much data is both in the cloud in OneDrive and locally in OneDrive - we have a policy set to push to the data to cloud after 45 days, but if we were to have a laptop stolen - I can't tell how I could see how much data might still...
  8. Linux with w10 - alternative methods?

in Windows 10 Support
    Linux with w10 - alternative methods?: Is this a fair summary of the possible ways to use Linux on a machine with w10 already installed ? w10p 1909 build (up-to-date), digital license, MS Account linked, single user. Option 1: With w10 shutdown use a Linux live bootable usb and operate the Linux system only from...
  9. And free methods to combine PDFs?

in Windows 10 Support
    And free methods to combine PDFs?: It doesn't look as if Windows has a built in way to combine pdfs. What are some alternatives that are free besides the online options (these are personal/confidential files). If an app, I'm hoping for something portable. 130439
  10. Alternative methods for unpinning from Start?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alternative methods for unpinning from Start?: I don't know if this is a bug or fluke, but I had two Office 2016 apps pinned to Start in Win10. Later, I uninstalled Office 2016. Instead of the two pinned items also disappearing, they stuck around, but now they're just blank squares that (of course) do nothing. The...