Windows 10: Alternate Way to Cancel Security Request? Please Help!

Discus and support Alternate Way to Cancel Security Request? Please Help! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, recently I got a notice saying that security details had been changed on my account that i didn't request, and the only way to cancel it is to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Brynn_346, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Brynn_346 Win User

Alternate Way to Cancel Security Request? Please Help!

Hi, recently I got a notice saying that security details had been changed on my account that i didn't request, and the only way to cancel it is to verify myself through a phone number I didn't know. Is there any way I can cancel this request? I have reset my password, and verified my identity through email and credit card information + past passwords, but im scared any change they are doing to my account will allow them full access.

:)

Brynn_346, Sep 15, 2019

2. Cancel Security Info request without mobile number

Hi, I need to cancel my security info change request but do not have access to my mobile number registered on my account. Any advice?

Rakesh_101, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Windows phone hotmail phone number update now cant acsess email.

Hello Chez87459,

thank you for posting to the forum.

While we are currently investigating the root cause of this issue, I want to try to help you get past this message. To do so, I’d like you to try the following:

*Note: If you changed your security proof(s) because you cannot access your account, or because you absolutely had to update or add information please do not perform the steps below.

• Go to the “Change Anything?” message on your phone
    • Click on cancel this request at the bottom.
    • Follow the directions to cancel the pending security proof change.

If you performed the steps above and cancelled the request, I would suggest waiting a week before attempting the security proofs update again. We are aware of the issue and anticipate a fix being released soon

Kind Regards

Vladimir

Vladimir Mi, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Cancel request to change password

Hello,

For security reasons the system need to ask you for the code when you make any changes to your account. If you can't cancel or change the password without the code, our next step is to visit and try the steps on this
    to reset your password if you don't have access to your security contact info.

If all else fails, you can recover your Microsoft account by following the steps on this

link
    . This article contains steps that you can perform to help you address your query. 

If you need further help, feel free to reach out.

Jelo Sen, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Alternate Way to Cancel Security Request? Please Help! - Similar Threads - Alternate Cancel Security

2. Difficulties to cancel alteration request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulties to cancel alteration request: Hello. I'm Juan and I've migrated from Linux SO and returned to Windows recently after some problems with the old system.As I began to log in my microsoft account more and more, I thought It was a good idea to change secondary information to verify my log.I didn't know,...
  3. Difficulties to cancel alteration request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difficulties to cancel alteration request: Hello. I'm Juan and I've migrated from Linux SO and returned to Windows recently after some problems with the old system.As I began to log in my microsoft account more and more, I thought It was a good idea to change secondary information to verify my log.I didn't know,...
  4. Can't cancel my request to change security info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't cancel my request to change security info: Yesterday, I had to log into my Microsoft account to be able to login as usual on my pc. I tried it with my fingerprint, as per usual, but I had a wet finger and it therefore couldn't scan it. Then, it just told me I had to use my pin. Now, I know this is incredibly stupid of...
  5. Can't cancel my request to change security info

Can't cancel my request to change security info: Yesterday, I had to log into my Microsoft account to be able to login as usual on my pc. I tried it with my fingerprint, as per usual, but I had a wet finger and it therefore couldn't scan it. Then, it just told me I had to use my pin. Now, I know this is incredibly stupid of...
  6. Cancelling return request for headset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cancelling return request for headset: Hello, i was looking through my order history on my account and accidentally pressed request a refund for my headset. Is there any way i could cancel the request?...
  7. Cancel Refund Request

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cancel Refund Request: I had a DUH moment. Thought I downloaded the wrong version of Halo Wars Definitive Edition, so I did a refund request, long story short...it WAS the right version and I don't want a refund....how do I proceed??...
  8. Cancel Security Info request without mobile number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cancel Security Info request without mobile number: Hi, I need to cancel my security info change request but do not have access to my mobile number registered on my account. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cancel-security-info-request-without-mobile-number/987f88ec-27a6-4d7f-8345-c56af472a571"
  9. Please Help Me: HD Tune Alternative?

Please Help Me: HD Tune Alternative?: Hi, I just need an app that can check if my hard drives are damaged so I can know if they need to be replaced. I'm currently using the free version of HD Tune 2.55. I just checked the HD Tune website and the HD Tune 2.55 app version I'm currently using on my PC was...
  10. Alternative way to boot to CD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alternative way to boot to CD?: My Asus mobo has very unresponsive firmware. It takes next to forever for the first menu to appear, and what's more, it periodically forgets its settings and reverts to default. So, this morning my Windows boot got borked, and I wanted to run a live CD in order to fix it or...