Windows 10: alternating between desktop and tablet view

Discus and support alternating between desktop and tablet view in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; ive just purchased a new Dell laptop loaded with windows 10 home edition. i have been experimenting changing from desktop to tablet.. having switched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KeithRushton, Oct 6, 2020.

1. alternating between desktop and tablet view

ive just purchased a new Dell laptop loaded with windows 10 home edition. i have been experimenting changing from desktop to tablet.. having switched back to desktop as a preference my laptop seems to be stuck in the tablet mode as my apps no longer are listed vertically on the left hand side but are spread out full page . Any help please

:)

KeithRushton, Oct 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 change from Tablet to Desktop view?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

• Go to settings and click on System.
    • Click on Tablet mode on the right pane and turn off the tablet mode.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 7, 2020
  3. After windows update desktop stuck on tablet mode.

Hi,  

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did the issue started after installing any Particular Windows Update? If yes, please provide the KB number of the Windows Update?
    To find the KB number of the Windows update
    please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + I key.

• From the window select Update & Security.

• Click on Windows Update.

• Click on Advanced Options.

• Click View your update history.

I would suggest you to try changing the mode and check if it helps.

Please follow the steps below to change the mode:

• On the bottom right of the task bar click on
      open Notification Center

• From the notification menu, if Tablet mode is highlighted click on the
      Tablet mode.

• This will help it to get back to Desktop mode.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Killer 62 Win User

alternating between desktop and tablet view

Windows 10 change from Tablet to Desktop view?

Thank you for your "Simple" solution. You were correct. As for the rply from your associate at Microsoft,

alternating between desktop and tablet view [​IMG]
    Sahil
    Bali
    replied on

• Microsoft

His response was completely useless. Thanks again.

Killer 62, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

alternating between desktop and tablet view

1. alternating between desktop and tablet view - Similar Threads - alternating between desktop

2. Toggle from Tablet view to Desktop View

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toggle from Tablet view to Desktop View: I've just set up my Tablet view in Windows 10 in preparation for Windows 11 upgrade. However, I'm still used to the Classic Desktop view and have a few items still linked to it that I would like to access. Without changing the settings for Tablet and restarting; has anyone...
  3. Toggle from Tablet view to Desktop View

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toggle from Tablet view to Desktop View: I've just set up my Tablet view in Windows 10 in preparation for Windows 11 upgrade. However, I'm still used to the Classic Desktop view and have a few items still linked to it that I would like to access. Without changing the settings for Tablet and restarting; has anyone...
  4. Toggle from Tablet view to Desktop View

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can I alternate between 2 different desktop configurations?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I alternate between 2 different desktop configurations?: I recently started playing around with the program rainmeter, which allows you to do fun and wacky things with your desktop. I was wondering if I could have a different configuration for my shortcuts and programs on my desktop for when rainmeter is running vs when it is not....
  6. Surface not switching between Tablet or Desktop

Surface not switching between Tablet or Desktop: Hi, I have to manually change modes between Tablet and Desktop, even though the settings are to "switch and don't ask". Nothing happens when I plug in the dock, other than the usual USB sounds for devices connecting. Is there some other setting I have missed?...
  7. what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode: what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-tablet-mode-and/8c87c268-ef51-40ab-a143-66b0da01d2de
  8. Organize folders between desktop views?

Organize folders between desktop views?: Something I was curious about - my personal computer is also my work computer, and I was hoping there might be a way to be able to switch between desktop views and keep all my work in one view so that I don't have to see it when I'm not working, without having to create two...
  9. An alternative virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An alternative virtual desktop: Hello, I'd just like to reccommend my (free) software to you: Desktop Panorama - a free virtual desktop for Windows 10 It's a panoramic virtual desktop that works on Windows 10 and there isn't a software like it. And also it's been tested from 2008. and should work...
  10. Windows 10: streamlines switching between desktop and tablet mode

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: streamlines switching between desktop and tablet mode: [img] One of the new additions to Windows 10 is how the OS handles tablets and desktops. In Windows 8, you were in either the modern environment or using the desktop, but with Windows 10, these two environments are blended together to create a seamless experience. In...