Windows 10: Alternating Default Browser

Discus and support Alternating Default Browser in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my usual browser is firefox. When I'm writing my paper I use Google Docs and I'd imagine it'd be easier to go with Chrome for that (and also i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Quadzah, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Alternating Default Browser

So my usual browser is firefox.

When I'm writing my paper I use Google Docs and I'd imagine it'd be easier to go with Chrome for that (and also i often use public computers for writing, so chrome is easier)

Is there a feature (such as virtual desktop) that makes this possible?

If not, is there a way of changing the default browser for a specific application? (I'd like zotero (a referencing applcation) to open links in chrome)

Thanks

submitted by /u/Quadzah
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Quadzah, Mar 19, 2020

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Changing default browser to IE and wifi issues

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• In desktop search, type default app settings and select the result.

• Under Web browser, click the current browser (EDGE).

• Choose Internet Explorer and set it as
      default.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Alternating Default Browser

Unable to set default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

To set Internet Explorer/Edge as a default browser, I suggest you to follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Default Program in search and hit enter.
    • Select "Set your default programs"
    • Click on “Internet Explorer" or “Edge”.
    • Select "Set this program as default” and Click OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Alternating Default Browser

1. Alternating Default Browser - Similar Threads - Alternating Default Browser

2. default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default browser: Was using edge but after seeing how you change the default browser settings, I'll never use it again.Going back to chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-browser/4723a7df-2e34-4e4a-85cc-588ce3500c1b
  3. Set default browser to alternative browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set default browser to alternative browser: In the "Set Default Apps" settings page, there is no possible way to select a browser that is not either on the Windows store or has large userbase like Chrome. You used to be able to use Control Panel for this, but you changed that to just redirect to the same Settings page...
  4. ForcebindIP alternative for web browsers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ForcebindIP alternative for web browsers: I am trying to set up chrome or firefox to use NIC B while the rest of my machine uses NIC A. The issue with ForcebindIP, from my research, is that with the newest versions of Chrome and FF DLL injections from third party apps have been disabled without being able to...
  5. Default Browser . . .

Default Browser . . .: My computer, is a. Dell laptop running, Windows 10 pro . . . Boy, did I screw up . . . I have, many different browsers, on my computer . . . Google Chrome, Firefox, Ice Dragon. And not, Internet Explorer. Or, so I thought? Ice Dragon, was my default browser. But, it kept...
  6. Default Browser . . .

Default Browser . . .: I have a Dell laptop, running Windows 10 pro. I use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and, Comodo Ice Dragon, browsers. I use, Comodo Ice Dragon, as my default browser. My question is, is it possible To use, a different browser for different things? For...
  7. Default Browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Default Browser: I have a Windows computer and it won't let me choose the default browser as chrome!! I reset it to chrome so many times but Yahoo keeps showing up when I search up something in a new tab.......
  8. Default Browser

Default Browser: Hi Good evening I am trying to set up my new desktop and I have the following question. Which browser should be the default? I need to have java and flash installed. And I decide which one to use, do I delete the...
  9. Alternative Browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Alternative Browsers: Here's one I hadn't heard of: Sleipnir 4 - Chromium based, Firefox style, feature rich: Sleipnir 4 for Windows - カスタマイズ性を重視したリッチでパワフルなブラウザ Sleipnir 6 - 'Modern UI': タブブラウザ Sleipnir 6 - Windows / Macの先端的ウェブブラウザ | フェンリル Loaded with features but still pretty darn...
  10. Problem setting default browser to any alternative to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Problem setting default browser to any alternative to Edge: I have not had a problem setting the default browser, which for some time has been Maxthon. But suddenly (perhaps due to the April update?) not only has Edge taken over, I cannot now find a way to change it. When I go to default apps in Settings I am only offered the choice...