Windows 10: Alternative (And Free) System imaging and backup programs?

Discus and support Alternative (And Free) System imaging and backup programs? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi, I'm looking for an alternative to windows 7 backup and restore, ive had several problems now with it and I'm pretty sure its going to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gendrake61, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Alternative (And Free) System imaging and backup programs?

hi, I'm looking for an alternative to windows 7 backup and restore, ive had several problems now with it and I'm pretty sure its going to be depreciated and eventually removed in a future release of windows 10, that and i think my main hdd drive will eventually fail soon, ive gotten the "corrupted system partition error" in reliability history, ive had to repair corrupted system files in safe mode at least 5 times, and reinstall windows 2 dozen times since windows 10 came out as a free upgrade, now in 1903 it causes when restoring from a backup in 1809 a corrupted system due to a bug during 1803 they announced that is incredibly hard to fix and i suspect it will be removed in either 20h1 or the next update after that, does anyone know a very good w/advanced settings (and free) alternative to the default system image backup in windows 10?

:)

gendrake61, Aug 6, 2019

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Creating a System Image backup - keeps looping

Hi,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

I understand the inconvenience caused, now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

The system image is exactly like the mirrored copy of the Operating System which contains the configuration of the Operating System. When you create backup system image your windows 10 comes back to the same position at when the image was created earlier.

As an initial step, I suggest you to make sure that the services required for backup to run successfully is enabled. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows + R
      keys, type services.msc and press Enter.

• In the services window, locate the services
      File history service
      and the Volume shadow copy service and check if they are running.

• If they are not running, right-click and select
      Start to manually start the service.

• Check if you are able to create a backup now.
    Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article created by

Andre Da Costa
    and check if it helps.

How to: Create a system image in Windows 10

How to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Step 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and then check.

Booting the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue. You can refer to this article for more information:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, reset the computer to start as usual. Refer to the step
    How to set the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting under more information.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 6, 2019
  4. ramram55 Win User

Alternative (And Free) System imaging and backup programs?

First system image backup: is this right?

As whs suggested get yourself an alternate way of backup your PC, invest in external drive and cable, it is fool proof way to get in an emergency, I would suggest free clone Macrium software to do the work, it is up to you to decide. Read up on cloning on your HD, once you do it, you never go back to image backup, you would go with third party clone.

ramram55, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Alternative (And Free) System imaging and backup programs?

1. Alternative (And Free) System imaging and backup programs? - Similar Threads - Alternative Free System

2. System image backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System image backup: I have a msi laptop that don't have a dvd drive, when i use my system image backup it keeps asking me to create a system repair disk but i can't create becuse i don't have a dvd drive so how do i get rid of this problem plz help !! Thank you...
  3. Good free alternative to the Avast antivirus program?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Good free alternative to the Avast antivirus program?: I recently heard about the Avast scandal. Avast allegedly sold millions of user data. I'm not sure if this is true, but to be on the safe side, I decided to uninstall it. Do you know any good alternatives?...
  4. System image backup

System image backup: I have a windows 10 pro PC and I recently replaced my main 2TB HD with a 3TB using GPT and cloned my drive with no problem, I also installed a 3TB drive and formatted it using GPT as a way of doing a system image, which I had previously gone to a 2TB HD. Since this change...
  5. system image backup

system image backup: Trying to back up my hard drive as a "system image". I see the option in the videos, but when I click on Settings, Backup, the "system image" option is not there. It just says "save these files" and lists a bunch of data files. How to create a system image? The Microsoft...
  6. System image backup

System image backup: I am trying to backup system image onto SD card formatted to NTFS but windows does not consider this as suitable. Can anyone assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-image-backup/9057d22e-bbcf-4007-bee5-9891199b3084
  7. Can I create system image backup on a system image backup?

Can I create system image backup on a system image backup?: When i first installed Windows 10, and had all the drivers running, and minimal apps installed, i created a system image backup at that point, so if one day something goes wrong, and all else fails, i can restore to that point in time. This is backed up on an HDD, and we...
  8. system image backup failed

system image backup failed: I had a successful image backup a year ago. However, recently, when I tried to do image backup, it failed. Please see the attached file. It happened on version 1809. I checked history service and volume shadow copy service and both of them were on automatic and had started. I...
  9. Backup Programs Won't Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Programs Won't Image: I have the paid version of Macrium and also Aomei Backupper programs. I have always used Macrium and scheduled image backups once a week. Last Monday I noticed the scheduled backup didn't work. I tried to manually backup and the program goes to 1% and freezes to the point...
  10. System image backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System image backup: Hey guys. Sorry if this ain't the proper section. I'm trying to back up a system image on windows 10 but every time it gives me an error saying the backup failed and that "The specific backup storage location has the shadow copy on another volume." (0x80780038)." I've looked...