Windows 10: Alternative logins

Discus and support Alternative logins in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There are 3 alternative logins for my pc. 1 is sole user that's me 2 is supervisor default 3 is Microsoft account When turning on the pc it now... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by paulharrisWAL, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Alternative logins

There are 3 alternative logins for my pc.

1 is sole user that's me

2 is supervisor default

3 is Microsoft account

When turning on the pc it now defaults to 3 whereas it used to default to 1 which is what I want

If I do nothing then after a couple of minutes it defaults to 1 and I then have to input a pin

I would like the pc to start in 1 and not have to input the pin.

:)

paulharrisWAL, Jan 20, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Zonker182 Win User

Alternative logins

WIndows 10 Login doesn't have option for alternate login

Sorry for the delay

• Are you able to see the User account at the bottom left corner of the Login screen?
    No – nothing is there

• Have you checked whether the accounts are showing in control panel (User accounts) or not?
    I can’t logon but I have logged onto this machine with both logins before

• Since when are you not able to see the User accounts in login screen?
    Within the last week – not a heavily used machine

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    No – not a heavily used machine so it can go a week or two without being logged onto.

Zonker182, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Alternative logins

1. Alternative logins - Similar Threads - Alternative logins

2. Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair: IF, for whatever reason, it is necessary to repair the Win11 OS MCT Media Creation Tool can, certainly, be used. But, since the Moment 5 update, KB5034765, back in mid-February, this can be done from within the OS... without fetching or using MCT.> Settings > System >...
  3. Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair: IF, for whatever reason, it is necessary to repair the Win11 OS MCT Media Creation Tool can, certainly, be used. But, since the Moment 5 update, KB5034765, back in mid-February, this can be done from within the OS... without fetching or using MCT.> Settings > System >...
  4. Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?: Linux is an amazing open source operating system and with more people migrating from microsoft to linux the linux apps and softwares will grow and we can leave microsofts **** **** behind....
  5. Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?

Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?: Linux is an amazing open source operating system and with more people migrating from microsoft to linux the linux apps and softwares will grow and we can leave microsofts **** **** behind....
  6. Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop

Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop: I'm trying to find out if there is an alternative wireless adapter that can successfully replace my Qualcomm Atheros wireless adapter in my old Acer laptop. They stopped making updates for this driver in 2016. I've been to the Qualcomm website and they have removed the old...
  7. The user profile service service failed can't login windows 10 , alternative methods?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The user profile service service failed can't login windows 10 , alternative methods?: I reset my laptop 2 weeks ago the error message appeared: "The user profile service service failed can't login". Since then I couldnt login. I tried couple of methods : tried through registry but there was only one S-1-5 file, tried by making new profile but now I can get...
  8. The user profile service service failed can't login windows 10 , alternative methods?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The user profile service service failed can't login windows 10 , alternative methods?: I reset my laptop 2 weeks ago the error message appeared: "The user profile service service failed can't login". Since then I couldnt login. I tried couple of methods : tried through registry but there was only one S-1-5 file, tried by making new profile but now I can get...
  9. The user profile service service failed can't login windows 10 , alternative methods?

10. Windows 10 alternating login screen wallpaper for my desktop background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 alternating login screen wallpaper for my desktop background: I love the new wallpapers that appears on my login screen. Is there anyway to set my desktop wallpaper to do the same thing. i.e. to change everytime windows releases a new photograph as the login screen background submitted by /u/callumbous [link] [comments]...