Windows 10: Alternative of MSKLC

Discus and support Alternative of MSKLC in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have created a custom keyboard layout for my personal use. I need to change few things in it. But Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator is gone from the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Themhbd, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Themhbd Win User

Alternative of MSKLC

I have created a custom keyboard layout for my personal use. I need to change few things in it. But Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator is gone from the Download page. I think Microsoft is no longer supporting this app.

How can I customize my keyboard layout? Is there any alternative software/method? If not, why Microsoft dropped the support? Linux has plain text files for layout, which I can easily modify.

I'm in Windows 10 pro, version 2004.

:)

Themhbd, Aug 19, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

MSKLC used in Win 10.

Hi Richard,, I would suggest you undo any changes you have made with MSKLC

Then click the link below to download and install SharpKeys, it is free and the most widely used key remapper for Windows

CodePlex Archive

DaveM121, Aug 19, 2020
  3. MSKLC Help for Multi combination

Hi I am from Bangladesh. I used my native keyboard software for writing to my native language. But I'm not satisfied with those keyboard.

I've tried Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator (MSKLC) which is so great with my custom keyboard layout. But there are not enough character for my language. So I want to composite a multiple combination with MSKLC

Such as : when the key sequence is " K" + " &" + " j" then I want to change this 3 key sequal to "K¬"

Another is : when the key sequence is "&" + "v" then I want to change this 2 key sequal to "Av"

If is it possible then i can get my custom keyboard layout with MSKLC

Please help me out anyone......

Regards,

Yeasin Arafat

EyasinArafat, Aug 19, 2020
  4. sjiveru Win User

Alternative of MSKLC

MSKLC 1.4 Question- Korean

The stacking function is provided by an input method editor program (IME), not by your keyboard layout. The keyboard layout outputs one jamo at a time, and the IME then takes that and converts in to whole blocks. So you have to find a way to send your layout's
    output through a Korean IME before it will properly combine jamo.

I'm not sure if there's a way to do this. Microsoft seems to treat layouts and IMEs together, and whether you can use a different input may depend on how the IME is written. I feel like some time ago I accidentally ended up changing the underlying layout
    for my Japanese IME, but I have no memory of how this happened; the Google IME provides a lot of settings, but I don't see anything in there about layout. I don't know if Korean IMEs have much in the way of user settings.

Alternatively, you can probably create an AutoHotKey script to take individual jamo and combine them automatically. You could also potentially abuse MSKLC's dead key functionality to create similar combining behaviour; but I'm not sure that MSKLC can handle
    dead key sequences involving three or more keystrokes.

sjiveru, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Alternative of MSKLC

1. Alternative of MSKLC - Similar Threads - Alternative MSKLC

2. Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair: IF, for whatever reason, it is necessary to repair the Win11 OS MCT Media Creation Tool can, certainly, be used. But, since the Moment 5 update, KB5034765, back in mid-February, this can be done from within the OS... without fetching or using MCT.> Settings > System >...
  3. Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair: IF, for whatever reason, it is necessary to repair the Win11 OS MCT Media Creation Tool can, certainly, be used. But, since the Moment 5 update, KB5034765, back in mid-February, this can be done from within the OS... without fetching or using MCT.> Settings > System >...
  4. Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?: Linux is an amazing open source operating system and with more people migrating from microsoft to linux the linux apps and softwares will grow and we can leave microsofts **** **** behind....
  5. Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?

Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?: Linux is an amazing open source operating system and with more people migrating from microsoft to linux the linux apps and softwares will grow and we can leave microsofts **** **** behind....
  6. Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop: I'm trying to find out if there is an alternative wireless adapter that can successfully replace my Qualcomm Atheros wireless adapter in my old Acer laptop. They stopped making updates for this driver in 2016. I've been to the Qualcomm website and they have removed the old...
  7. Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop

Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop: I'm trying to find out if there is an alternative wireless adapter that can successfully replace my Qualcomm Atheros wireless adapter in my old Acer laptop. They stopped making updates for this driver in 2016. I've been to the Qualcomm website and they have removed the old...
  8. Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. What happened to the alternating scenery photos for the lockscreen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    What happened to the alternating scenery photos for the lockscreen?: I noticed a few days ago that the lock screen on my laptop no longer has alternating beautiful scenery images, but it's now old-school Microsoft-looking backgrounds. Is this happening to everyone since the update? Also, there were options to like or dislike the photos and...
  10. What happened to the alternating scenery photos for the lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the alternating scenery photos for the lockscreen?: I noticed a few days ago that the lock screen on my laptop no longer has alternating beautiful scenery images, but it's now old-school Microsoft-looking backgrounds. Is this happening to everyone since the update? Also, there were options to like or dislike the photos and...