Windows 10: Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?

Discus and support Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Can anyone recommend an alternative to Macrium Reflect Free as a backup tool? I want something that does disk imaging, as opposed to just backing up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ricecrispies, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?

Can anyone recommend an alternative to Macrium Reflect Free as a backup tool? I want something that does disk imaging, as opposed to just backing up files. I have been fighting with Reflect Free on two computers and have got to the point where, even if I ever do get it working properly, I don't trust it enough to entrust it with my data.

:)

ricecrispies, Mar 1, 2017
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 1, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Mar 1, 2017
  4. Kyhi Win User

Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?

Aomie Backupper - Free
    Acronis 2017 - Paid
    Ashampoo Backup 2016 - Free

Very Strange indeed your having issues with Macrium

Kyhi, Mar 1, 2017
  5. RolandJS Win User
    I've used both Macrium Reflect and Image for Windows without any problems; ricecrispies -- would you mind elaborating on what was going on with MR? I'd like to learn from you!

RolandJS, Mar 1, 2017
  6. On my desktop machine Macrium can't create bootable rescue media. I have booted from an Ubuntu image in the same USB2 slot, so it ought to work. I've tried both the UEFI and non-UEFI options. Meanwhile on my laptop when I try to run the downloader I get "The Macrium Reflect download agent is retrieving the download options list. Please try again later", and that's where it gives up.

7. Thanks for those suggestions!

8. cereberus Win User

Easeus Todo Backup Free.

cereberus, Mar 1, 2017
  9. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Mar 1, 2017
  10. Kyhi Win User
    Rice,
    Download my rescue disk ISO - mount the ISO and copy the contents to a FAT32 formatted USB
    See if it boots for you

Link to media in My sig below

Also is your PC setup for UEFI or Legacy Booting ???

11. Steve C Win User
    I thought Macrium Reflect is a disk imaging program quote from Macrium "An award winning disk cloning and imaging solution for free." I have the opposite experience - no problems at all on three PCs.

Steve C, Mar 1, 2017
  12. essenbe Win User
    Macrium will do either one. My experience with Macrium is the same, never have problems with it.

essenbe, Mar 1, 2017
  13. RolandJS Win User

In all fairness, while I have had great success making backups, restoring the images, I have had problems from time to time with making MR boot usb sticks and DVDs. The error reported earlier was indeed very similar to the error I received. Later, I was able to finally make the MR boots. However, the error is probably more common than admitted to by some MR users.

RolandJS, Mar 1, 2017
  14. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I can understand people having problems with specific special software - with really customized mobos for example - but I've heard of almost NOBODY who ever has any problems with Macrium -- with one exception that really isn't Macrium's fault -- if you run it WITHIN Windows and you don't have enough spare HDD space (or SSD space) for VSS to lock and take a "pseudo" image of the OS partition then it (as will other backup programs) will fail.

It will always work though in "Stand alone mode" --I.e create bootable USB / DVD media i.e boot that up and run the stand alone backup / recovery program and then the VSS problem won't exist.

I don't believe anyway in backing up systems while they still have users logged on -- but of course YMMV.

As far as basic Backup / Restore are concerned Macrium is IMO the most reliable around - especially for home users --again though if you are short of primary HDD space for your OS don't run it from the OS otherwise 100% certainty VSS will fail !!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 1, 2017
  15. pparks1 Win User
    Macrium does imaging as well as file backups.

pparks1, Mar 2, 2017
Thema:

1. Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free? - Similar Threads - Alternative Macrium Reflect

2. Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free: On the Macrium Reflect Forums, they state that Macrium Reflect Free Version 7 will be available by end of June. 85239
  3. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  4. Macrium Reflect Free: Retention Rules

Macrium Reflect Free: Retention Rules: All, Thanks to this site's recommendation, I have downloaded and configured MR Free for System images. I have it scheduled to do Monthly Full & Weekly differentials. I can't understand the Retention Rules? Here is my default set up. [img] But when I go to the log of...
  5. Macrium Reflect FREE Edition 6.1.1366

Macrium Reflect FREE Edition 6.1.1366: [img] 54870
  6. Macrium Reflect Free nightmare. Will not work.

Macrium Reflect Free nightmare. Will not work.: I had no problem when I had/used Reflect on Windows 8/8.1. Now that I've upgraded to 10, I can't get Reflect to work at all. I followed the directions to the letter on their website. I use disk part exactly as they say. Then 1 of 2 things happen when I try to create rescue...
  7. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  8. Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question

Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question: I'm a new user to Macrium but so far so good, I've cloned my laptop HDD to an external HDD with no problems. I also created a rescue usb drive. Now I'm intending to fit an SSD to my laptop so here's my question ...can I fit the "blank" SSD to my laptop then boot up with the...
  9. Macrium reflect free compatibility

Macrium reflect free compatibility: Short question are the images produced on reflect 5.1 compatible with 6.Long question: I have backed up my laptop over wireless to a network drive. Laptop is running xp and networked desktop is running win 10. I plan to change my laptop hard drive to an SSD but need to...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alternativa a macrium reflect