Windows 10: alternative to microsoft photos for windows 10?

Discus and support alternative to microsoft photos for windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried everything and Microsoft Photos is unable to import pictures and videos from my iPhone. I respectfully ask that replies do not include... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by egidda, Jan 19, 2020.

1. egidda Win User

alternative to microsoft photos for windows 10?

I've tried everything and Microsoft Photos is unable to import pictures and videos from my iPhone. I respectfully ask that replies do not include troubleshooting for Microsoft Photos.

Can someone let me know the best app for windows 10 for importing and managing pics and vids from iPhone?

Ideally, I would love an app that would scan and automatically transfer photos and vids over wifi to my computer from my iPhone when connected to my home network, but will be ok having to plug the phone in via usb to initiate the import. My goal is to have full resolution backups on my pc.

:)

egidda, Jan 19, 2020

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Jan 19, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Alternative to Photo Viewer.

Hi. alternative to microsoft photos for windows 10? :)

I am using build 10147 now, and Windows Photo Viewer is not working here as it used to. The new look/appearence of the Photos App is very cool, but is there any third party software that can be an alternative of the good old Windows Photo Viewer?

I want a program/app that will open a photo from explorer, will provide flip/rotate and delete options, and will shift to the next photo simply. A photo library organizer and integrated photo editor etc are not wanted by me.

Many thanks for your suggestion. alternative to microsoft photos for windows 10? :)

Thema:

1. alternative to microsoft photos for windows 10? - Similar Threads - alternative microsoft photos

2. Alternative to Media Player for photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alternative to Media Player for photos?: Hello!I'm trying to access and view photos from my other pc which is considered a 'Media device'. I can only open this with Media Player, but it's not very convenient. It hangs, it opens images as if they're videos, there's no preview pane and whenever I open an image, the...
  3. Alternative to Photos with spot fix

Alternative to Photos with spot fix: Now that Microsoft has removed spot fix from Photos, can anyone suggest a preferably free alternative app that will do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alternative-to-photos-with-spot-fix/a02d526f-817d-44e9-88f1-6b1b1aed92b8
  4. Alternative To Photo Gallery?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alternative To Photo Gallery?: I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's an alternative to Photo Gallery. I've used it for a while, but I'm so used to using everything in dark mode now, that it feels so unnatural to use Photo Gallery, which is blinding. I tried using the Photos app, but it is way too slow...
  5. Alternatives for Photo Library besides this crappy Microsoft Photos App?

Alternatives for Photo Library besides this crappy Microsoft Photos App?: This photos app is straight up terrible. I've deleted and reinstalled, had the computer search for errors, restarted my computer god knows how many times and I'm just frankly sick of it. This app is **** and I was hoping there would be a better alternative for importing...
  6. Picasa Photo Viewer alternative?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Picasa Photo Viewer alternative?: For people who have used Picasa photo viewer in the past or currently. Have you found an alternative? or anything close to it? Why Picasa is my go to for 13-14 years - It is extremely fast, light weight and smooth. It feels like an Apple product made by mistake by Google. It...
  7. Microsoft Netmeeting Alternative for Windows 10

Microsoft Netmeeting Alternative for Windows 10: I'm searching Microsoft Netmeeting for Windows 10, but I think it's discontinued. Do Microsoft have alternative for Microsoft Netmeeting on Windows 10? If not, what is the best third party alternative for Microsoft Netmeeting. 140865
  8. Alternative to Photo Viewer.

Alternative to Photo Viewer.: Hi. *Smile I am using build 10147 now, and Windows Photo Viewer is not working here as it used to. The new look/appearence of the Photos App is very cool, but is there any third party software that can be an alternative of the good old Windows Photo Viewer? I want a...
  9. Alternative to Windows Live Photo Gallery

Alternative to Windows Live Photo Gallery: I've used WLPG for a long time and like it, but I have the crashing problem which on and off makes it impossible to use. I'm looking for an alternative. I could do all the importing to the PC from the camera with Bridge. I might also be able to do it with Lightroom, have...
  10. Windows 10 Photos problems (fixes? not alternatives)

Windows 10 Photos problems (fixes? not alternatives): It looks nice and I like that it plays gifs, there's a few things that is bugging me about this app. They changed mousescroll to scrolling next/previous instead of zoom. I use a Logitech mouse with Setpoint installed and because of Setpoint smooth scroll, it scrolls...