Windows 10: alternative to MS's bluetooth driver (Windows 10)

Discus and support alternative to MS's bluetooth driver (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I see that there are a large number of complaints on various fora concerning the inability of Windows 10 to properly connect with Bluetooth devices. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lenard Milich, Jul 27, 2018.

1. alternative to MS's bluetooth driver (Windows 10)

I see that there are a large number of complaints on various fora concerning the inability of Windows 10 to properly connect with Bluetooth devices. I too have this issue (with a TrekxAir headphone). My Bluetooth device connects perfectly with my mobile phone, but essentially not at all with my laptop running Windows 10. And before someone sends me a link of "how to connect your device," BELIEVE ME I KNOW HOW! The issue is not in the connection, but in the software. So, does anyone know of a downloadable BT manager that will take over from Windows 10 and actually function properly?

:)

Lenard Milich, Jul 27, 2018
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

So I bought a new Bluetooth headphones the skull candy uproar since my old one isn't working. It came with only the headset and usb charging cable. The problem is I can't seem to pair it to my pc. I have windows 10 by the way. There is no Bluetooth on off button in windows settings. I went to device manager but there us no icon for Bluetooth. I did everything I knew but none of it worked.I can post pictures if anyone needs.An alternative might be a Bluetooth dongle but I m not sure I'd it would work plus I paid $50 so don't wanna spend more

I looked up on Internet and many people seem to have issues with windows 10 and Bluetooth. I thought of asking here knowing my UK friends are smart.

Anyone have any idea of how to get Bluetooth to work on my pc.

PS don't curse windows 10. I already know it's a mess and not a very good os.

aasim1111, Jul 27, 2018
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Jul 27, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

alternative to MS's bluetooth driver (Windows 10)

Bluetooth in windows 10

https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT211_Mini_Bluetooth_Dongle/

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT400/specifications/

P4-630, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

alternative to MS's bluetooth driver (Windows 10)

1. alternative to MS's bluetooth driver (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - alternative MS's bluetooth

2. Any lightweight alternative to MS Defender?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any lightweight alternative to MS Defender?: [ATTACH] Hi, I have 8GB RAM so I am trying to save every bit which I can to run actual work stuff, MsMpEng.exe is the biggest consumer so I would like to get any recommendations for an alternative that is actually lightweight. Any other suggestions how I could save any...
  3. Is there any alternative for bluetooth manager for Windows 10 ?

Is there any alternative for bluetooth manager for Windows 10 ?: Hi Reddit ! I search the Internet for an answer but nothing came out. I would like to know if there is a "correct" alternative to the default bluetooth manager on WIndows 10. Furthermore, I have several devices connected via bluetooth, and it's a shame to not be able to...
  4. reoccurring alternate driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reoccurring alternate driver update: for dell laptop 7480, that does not install or go away after 2004 win 10 pro update. the suggested update is , Alps Electric HIDClass - 4/6/2017 12:00:00am. - 1.0.0.13 .what is this ****....
  5. Alternate email account for MS troubles

in Browsers and Email
    Alternate email account for MS troubles: I've had trouble with my Thunderbird email client not being able to receive messages from my POP email account starting November 25*. Fed up, I went to the websites of a few businesses I visit and changed my email from <username>@verizon.net to <username>@email.com and had...
  6. Bluetooth Management alternative

Bluetooth Management alternative: I hope this is the right place for this, not sure where else to post. I'm looking for an alternative to the built-in Bluetooth management options available in Win10, maybe some simple software solution or app. I have a number of BT devices (mouse, headset, keyboard, etc.)...
  7. Alternative to updating drivers?

Alternative to updating drivers?: I know you can update drivers through windows 10 but I want to know if there are drivers windows 10 cannot update or detect drivers I would need to look elsewhere for. Is there any actual good driver software update tools that I can download? submitted by /u/yeetusnibbus42...
  8. Any alternative for windows 10 Bluetooth manager?

Any alternative for windows 10 Bluetooth manager?: My Bluetooth on pc works well but the windows 10 settings app that is more primitive than the phone's settings doesn't let me easily use Bluetooth. Basically my problem is that pairing and connecting Joy Cons as a controller works perfectly, but when I disconnect and want to...
  9. MS Publisher Alternative that works well with windows 10?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Publisher Alternative that works well with windows 10?: I was dismayed to get my new computer from HP with MS Office loaded to discover that Publisher was not part of the package *Sad I have Office 2016 and discovered that, although I can create posters in MS Word, I cannot save the file as a jpg picture. Does anyone know...
  10. Free MS Office Alternative

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Free MS Office Alternative: For those who would like an alternative to Microsoft Office for one reason or another (cost mainly), here's a free alternative; WPS for Business: Get a one-year WPS Office Business license for free - CNET 38182