Windows 10: Alternative To Photo Gallery?

Discus and support Alternative To Photo Gallery? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's an alternative to Photo Gallery. I've used it for a while, but I'm so used to using everything in dark mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_EeveeonE, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Alternative To Photo Gallery?

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's an alternative to Photo Gallery. I've used it for a while, but I'm so used to using everything in dark mode now, that it feels so unnatural to use Photo Gallery, which is blinding. I tried using the Photos app, but it is way too slow and lackluster, and the zoom in feature for some reason locks navigation, on top of needing to hold CTRL + Scroll Wheel to zoom.

I want something that functions exactly like Photo Gallery, but in dark mode, and possibly with more details (It needs to also be able read image files via filter order in File Explorer, like Photo Gallery does).

submitted by /u/_EeveeonE
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_EeveeonE, Dec 28, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Alternative to Windows Live Photo Gallery

Did you get your Windows (Live) Photo Gallery by installing Windows (Live) Essentials ?
    *** Microsoft has long since removed the word "Live" from the program.
    If yes, go to Programs and Features > scroll down to Windows Essentials > right click at it > click Uninstall/Change > click Repair.

See if Repair will fix the "crash" issue.

davidhk, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Alternative to Windows Live Photo Gallery

Start
    All Apps
    Photo Gallery and open it
    Along the top
    You can see people tagged
    Batch People Tagged
    Descriptive Tag
    Click on that one
    Up will come
    Tag an item
    Manage Tag
    Unused Tag
    Hope that is something you are looking for

hTconeM9user, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Alternative To Photo Gallery?

Alternative to Windows Live Photo Gallery

I've used WLPG for a long time and like it, but I have the crashing problem which on and off makes it impossible to use.

I'm looking for an alternative.
    • I could do all the importing to the PC from the camera with Bridge.
    • I might also be able to do it with Lightroom, have never looked to see if it can do exactly what I want, happy to continue using Bridge.
    • I can use Lightroom for all the editing
    • It's the tagging I really liked in WLPG, and the way I could use it to search for untagged photos, and how it handled the hierarchy of tags I have.
    • The native Photos app doesn't deal with tagging, indeed it doesn't display existing tags, plus it's IMHO clumsy in comparison maybe because it's intended to work on touch-screens as well.
    So any suggestions? I'm using a conventional desk-top PC with a mouse & keyboard, not a touch-screen device.
    • It must pick up and use the existing tagging hierarchy
    • Would prefer to be able to use the same program for import & tagging
    • of course I'd much prefer something that's free!

Oriental Slave, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Alternative To Photo Gallery?

1. Alternative To Photo Gallery? - Similar Threads - Alternative Photo Gallery

2. photo gallery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photo gallery: Has windows photo gallery app been deleted . Cannot open many pictures saying I need permission https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-gallery/e237a683-595b-4c7d-9569-63a7a57703d0
  3. Photo Gallery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Gallery: It seems since the last update that I can no longer open photos, using Photo Gallery, that have beensent to me through email . They first opened in Sketchbook, which I removed, now they open in Paint3D. How can I make them always open with Photo Gallery like they used to?...
  4. Photo gallery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo gallery: How do I remove pictures that were automatically downloaded from the internet and put in my photo gallery..and therefore using up my space. and how can I stop that from happening? Thanks for any help you can offer!!...
  5. Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery: How do I move from one picture to another in Photo Gallery WITHOUT Slide Show https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-gallery/71525ccf-6da8-431f-9f49-4b2ead1a70cb
  6. Photo Gallery

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photo Gallery: I like Photo Gallery and want to make a slide show, what is a good Windows 10 App that replaces Photo Gallery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-gallery/7d5ba969-0cd6-4afa-80ee-bf03bf5d0afc"
  7. photo gallery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    photo gallery: Photo gallery,not working as it should,can I update,Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-gallery/0f4e5b2a-0138-4884-8bff-7701c1ad525c
  8. Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery: How do I copy a photo from one folder to another (in Photo Gallery)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photo-gallery/1408aca9-4d5f-4811-acd6-921049531f59
  9. Photo Gallery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photo Gallery: Have used Photo gallery successfully for a long time, no problems. Occasionally I have to send photos individually or in pairs rather than 4 or 5 at a time. Current problem: Now when I use my SD card reader, I don't get an immediate option to transfer or import the...
  10. Alternative to Windows Live Photo Gallery

Alternative to Windows Live Photo Gallery: I've used WLPG for a long time and like it, but I have the crashing problem which on and off makes it impossible to use. I'm looking for an alternative. I could do all the importing to the PC from the camera with Bridge. I might also be able to do it with Lightroom, have...