Windows 10: Alternative to right-clicking with trackpad

Discus and support Alternative to right-clicking with trackpad in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi --Just recently switched to a Windows laptop after having spent decades with Macintosh. I am used to using the control key in combination with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by amacuser, Oct 29, 2022.

1. amacuser Win User

Alternative to right-clicking with trackpad

Hi --Just recently switched to a Windows laptop after having spent decades with Macintosh. I am used to using the control key in combination with clicking the track pad to do a right-click. Is there a way to set this same combination up in Windows 11?I've tried setting the track pad up to do a proper right-click, but that's not working well for me because I am used to using the center of the track pad for clicking.

:)

amacuser, Oct 29, 2022

2. Mouse and trackpad will move, but not click

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Please answer the following for us to assist you further:

What is the make and model of your computer?

Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot with trackpad on Windows 10:

Fix touchpad problems in Windows

Method 1: I suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter as below and check if it helps.

• Type in search bar as control panel.

• Then select troubleshooting.

• Click on hardware and sound option.

• Then click on “hardware and devices “and follow the on screen instructions.
    Method 2: Update the mouse drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to update the keyboard drivers

a. Press Windows key + X and select
    Device Manager.

b. Right-click on the mice, keyboard and game controllers
    and select Update Drivers.

c. Follow the prompted steps to complete updating the drivers.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ruth Buruga, Oct 29, 2022
  3. Junkman Win User
    Left/right click problem (mouse and trackpad)

Hi everyone, I'm really struggling with using my Cube Mix Plus tablet in laptop mode. With the keyboard connected, doesn't matter if I use the trackpad or mouse, when I click on certain things they just flash up momentarily then disappear. Including the mouse settings window, annoyingly. And the start menu. It works OK for maybe a minute after login then starts acting up.

So far I've disabled the windows key, and installed an autokey script that is supposed to disable trackpad gestures. Still the same issue though.

Here's a video of it happening (those are all left clicks, I know I click quite rapidly at points but it's each single click doing the flash-up-and-disappear thing, happens when I go much slower too)

https://www.youtube.com/KPTxMG_x2Qo

Any suggestions or help much appreciated, thanks!

Junkman, Oct 29, 2022
  4. Alternative to right-clicking with trackpad

Trackpad driver is constantly removed

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for mentioning the different steps you have tried to resolve the issue, we appreciate your effort.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X and select device manager.

2. Click "view" and select "show hidden devices".

3. If the trackpad driver is listed, right click on the driver and uninstall it.

4. Restart the computer and have Windows automatically install the driver upon restart.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 29, 2022
Thema:

Alternative to right-clicking with trackpad

1. Alternative to right-clicking with trackpad - Similar Threads - Alternative right clicking

2. The right side of my trackpad doesn't click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The right side of my trackpad doesn't click: The right side of my trackpad doesnt click as deeply and it clicks really softly... now I'm not able to right click with it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-right-side-of-my-trackpad-doesnt-click/008907b3-b098-42eb-aaab-4f62e71f4684
  3. The right side of my trackpad doesn't click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The right side of my trackpad doesn't click: The right side of my trackpad doesnt click as deeply and it clicks really softly... now I'm not able to right click with it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-right-side-of-my-trackpad-doesnt-click/008907b3-b098-42eb-aaab-4f62e71f4684
  4. Trackpad right-click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trackpad right-click not working: The Trackpad right click does not work when I am in games and when i press the right side of my trackpad it presses the left click. However when I am not in a game and press the left or right click it works perfectly. I have the same issue in multiple different games Any help...
  5. Trackpad right-click not working

Trackpad right-click not working: The Trackpad right click does not work when I am in games and when i press the right side of my trackpad it presses the left click. However when I am not in a game and press the left or right click it works perfectly. I have the same issue in multiple different games Any help...
  6. Alternative to right-clicking with trackpad

Alternative to right-clicking with trackpad: Hi --Just recently switched to a Windows laptop after having spent decades with Macintosh. I am used to using the control key in combination with clicking the track pad to do a right-click. Is there a way to set this same combination up in Windows 11?I've tried setting the...
  7. Holding Right Click on Windows 11 With Trackpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Holding Right Click on Windows 11 With Trackpad: I recently received a Predator Helios 300 I was previously a Mac owner, I'm new to Microsoft and have been tweaking some stuff and was wondering, is there any way to make it so that you can hold right-click instead of only being able to click it with a built-in trackpad? I...
  8. Holding Right Click on Windows 11 With Trackpad

Holding Right Click on Windows 11 With Trackpad: I recently received a Predator Helios 300 I was previously a Mac owner, I'm new to Microsoft and have been tweaking some stuff and was wondering, is there any way to make it so that you can hold right-click instead of only being able to click it with a built-in trackpad? I...
  9. How do I change right click for the trackpad?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change right click for the trackpad?: Hello, I have been using a Mac for a while now and recently switched to a Windows laptop. On mac, you can change the trackpad to if you want to "right click," you can click the bottom left or right portion of the touchpad instead of clicking with 2 fingers. However, I can...
  10. Left/right click problem (mouse and trackpad)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left/right click problem (mouse and trackpad): Hi everyone, I'm really struggling with using my Cube Mix Plus tablet in laptop mode. With the keyboard connected, doesn't matter if I use the trackpad or mouse, when I click on certain things they just flash up momentarily then disappear. Including the mouse settings window,...