Windows 10: Alternative to Scandisk

Discus and support Alternative to Scandisk in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I bought a hard drive and I would test the whole surface. what do you suggest as an alternative to scandisk? or what settings to use (in scandisk)?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gabenika, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Alternative to Scandisk

I bought a hard drive and I would test the whole surface.

what do you suggest as an alternative to scandisk?

or what settings to use (in scandisk)?

submitted by /u/gabenika
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gabenika, Oct 29, 2019

2. How to use Scandisk on Windows 10?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to run Scandisk.

• Press Windows key + E on your keyboard to open File Explorer.
    • In the File Explorer window, click on This PC in the left navigation pane.
    • A list of drives is displayed on the right side of the window. Right-click on the drive you want to run Scandisk on and select
      Properties.
    • In the Properties window, click on the Tools tab.
    • Click the Check button in the Error Checking section.
    • The computer needs to restart to run Scandisk without any interruptions.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to post your query for further assistance.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 29, 2019
  3. ScanDisk not finishing from Windows environment.

I'm looking at Computer Management and 3 partitions on my 2nd hard drive have not been unlocked yet at hour 30 of the ScanDisk. They are a 499 MB Recovery Partition (Healthy), a 100 MB EFI System Partition (Healthy), and an 855 MB Recovery Partition (Healthy).
    All 3 are listed with 100% Free Space, so if there was anything there, it's either inaccessible (locked during ScanDisk), or wiped (meaning I'll have to reinstall Windows 10 from scratch).

Cymbal Man Freq., Oct 29, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Alternative to Scandisk

Issue with accessing pictures from Scandisk using Nikon Picture Project

Hi Don,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with accessing pictures from Scandisk using Nikon Picture Project.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue may occur if Nikon Picture Project software is corrupted.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the Nikon Picture Project software. Check if it helps.

To uninstall the software follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      Nikon Picture Project software and click on
      Uninstall.
    Note: Make sure you have the installation media for
    Nikon Picture Project software before uninstalling it.

Now reinstall Nikon Picture Project software and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Alternative to Scandisk

1. Alternative to Scandisk - Similar Threads - Alternative Scandisk

2. Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair: IF, for whatever reason, it is necessary to repair the Win11 OS MCT Media Creation Tool can, certainly, be used. But, since the Moment 5 update, KB5034765, back in mid-February, this can be done from within the OS... without fetching or using MCT.> Settings > System >...
  3. Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair: IF, for whatever reason, it is necessary to repair the Win11 OS MCT Media Creation Tool can, certainly, be used. But, since the Moment 5 update, KB5034765, back in mid-February, this can be done from within the OS... without fetching or using MCT.> Settings > System >...
  4. Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?: Linux is an amazing open source operating system and with more people migrating from microsoft to linux the linux apps and softwares will grow and we can leave microsofts **** **** behind....
  5. Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?

Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?: Linux is an amazing open source operating system and with more people migrating from microsoft to linux the linux apps and softwares will grow and we can leave microsofts **** **** behind....
  6. Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop: I'm trying to find out if there is an alternative wireless adapter that can successfully replace my Qualcomm Atheros wireless adapter in my old Acer laptop. They stopped making updates for this driver in 2016. I've been to the Qualcomm website and they have removed the old...
  7. Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop

Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop: I'm trying to find out if there is an alternative wireless adapter that can successfully replace my Qualcomm Atheros wireless adapter in my old Acer laptop. They stopped making updates for this driver in 2016. I've been to the Qualcomm website and they have removed the old...
  8. Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. What happened to the alternating scenery photos for the lockscreen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    What happened to the alternating scenery photos for the lockscreen?: I noticed a few days ago that the lock screen on my laptop no longer has alternating beautiful scenery images, but it's now old-school Microsoft-looking backgrounds. Is this happening to everyone since the update? Also, there were options to like or dislike the photos and...
  10. What happened to the alternating scenery photos for the lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the alternating scenery photos for the lockscreen?: I noticed a few days ago that the lock screen on my laptop no longer has alternating beautiful scenery images, but it's now old-school Microsoft-looking backgrounds. Is this happening to everyone since the update? Also, there were options to like or dislike the photos and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scandisk alternative