Windows 10: Alternative to Shock/Flashplayer with FireFox 64 bit

Discus and support Alternative to Shock/Flashplayer with FireFox 64 bit in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Humble apologies if this query as been answered before. Running Win 10 64bit & FireFox (latest update 64bit), but lately seems to freeze more and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by peter4076, May 28, 2017.

1. peter4076 Win User

Alternative to Shock/Flashplayer with FireFox 64 bit

Humble apologies if this query as been answered before.
    Running Win 10 64bit & FireFox (latest update 64bit), but lately seems to freeze more and more, Adobe shockwave is the culprit (that is always the latest download), I really enjoy FF, is there an alternative to shockwave/flashplayer, it can freeze for upto 2 minutes, which is a long long long time in computer world, once again appreciate your thoughts.

:)

peter4076, May 28, 2017

2. firefox, flashplayer

The first update my PC loaded was KB3081424. With Flash player firefox said to untick adobe flash protected mode which I tried and it seems to work ok now (time will tell). As for the exporting of my favorites I'm unsure how to do this. Building PC's I'm
    ok on not so hot on the program side of things.

EddyHamilton, May 28, 2017
  3. firefox, flashplayer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to install the Cumulative update which was released recently which fixes most of the issues. Refer to the link below for more information and check if this helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081424

Since you've mentioned that you've some Favorites which you don't want to lose, I recommend that export the Favorites and try to uninstall and reinstall the Firefox Browser and check if this helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, May 28, 2017
  4. Alternative to Shock/Flashplayer with FireFox 64 bit

Given that Flash and Silverlight are the only two plugins supported by Firefox 64-bit, that Flash does not work for you tends to indicate that the problem is not with Flash per se; rather, the problem may simply be that you have not used the Adobe-supplied program for first removing Flash before installing it.

If you have done that, have you tried running Fx in Safe Mode or creating a new Fx profile to test Flash; granted that neither of these is likely to help, but nonetheless are worth trying.

Not Myself, May 29, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
  6. Bad advice: Refresh is poorly documented, and the use of it has caused dismay for many people who thought that it would improve Fx. That is not what it does; in effect, it resets Fx, does not refresh it, leaving the user wondering what happened to the settings, changes, etc., that they had made to the basic Fx installation.

So, in effect, yes, one could say that Refresh "works wonders," but the wonders it works is on the users of Refresh, not on the program setup, leaving the users wondering what had happened.

Not Myself, May 29, 2017
  7. TairikuOkami, May 29, 2017
  8. torre Win User

Not necessarily. But let's not hijack this thread.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...s-and-settings

TairikuOkami has the answer above.

torre, May 30, 2017
  9. peter4076 Win User
    Terribly sorry, real bad manners of me not to get back to you all, (family problems) anyway cheers for all your input will try a couple of them out.
    My mobile phone running FF browser is butter smooth on all websites, and another question sometimes my wifi is faster than my ethernet connection ( 1 metre from router) wifi 50 metres away, can you imagine life without problems..........................heaven

peter4076, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Alternative to Shock/Flashplayer with FireFox 64 bit - Similar Threads - Alternative Shock Flashplayer

2. flashplayer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    flashplayer: My email was flash based and I didn't realize it until the update removed flash. I have several very importnat emails that I need to get and respond to and have several emails that i have saved over 25 years. Bottom line need flash back to get these and move to a new email...
  3. 64 bits

in Windows 10 Customization
    64 bits: How can I play older pc games on a 64 bit windows? None of them will load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64-bits/b1eedd07-2134-4b35-a533-c1ff77d64d10
  4. flashplayer

in Browsers and Email
    flashplayer: why does my computer tell me I need flashplayer when it is built in? I have checked my settings and it tells me it is enabled 122017
  5. Firefox 64 bit needed

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 64 bit needed: Hi. I tried to get firefox 64 bit with no luck from Download Firefox — Free Web Browser — Mozilla Please help. Thanks. 79082
  6. Outdated driver alternatives when updating from 8.1 (64 bit)?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Outdated driver alternatives when updating from 8.1 (64 bit)?: I'm running Windows 8.1 (64 bit) on my Lenovo G500 laptop. It has AMD Radeon HD 8570 (2GB) graphics card, Intel integrated HD graphics, i5 processor, 500 GB SATA Hard disk and 8GB DDR3 RAM, I want to upgrade to Windows 10. Lenovo has not released any drivers for my...
  7. Radeon HD 4200 driver for 64-bit Win10 [Alternative Fix]

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Radeon HD 4200 driver for 64-bit Win10 [Alternative Fix]: Disclaimer: I am not an expert. I found this info posted by others and it may help folks still seeking a solution. The PhilGates method at thread ATI Radeon HD 4200 driver for 64-bit Windows 10? worked for me. Solved ATI Radeon HD 4200 driver for 64-bit Windows 10? - Page...
  8. Firefox 64-bit is now available to download

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox 64-bit is now available to download: Mozilla Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Mozilla Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI,...
  9. Mozilla Firefox 64-Bit Developer Edition Launches on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla Firefox 64-Bit Developer Edition Launches on Windows: A 64-bit version of Mozilla Firefox is not yet available for end users in stable form, but today the company has updated its Developer Edition lineup with such a version for Windows users. Mozilla Firefox Developer Edition 64-bit can now be downloaded by users of the most...
  10. 64-bit Firefox poised to launch in the near future

in Windows 10 News
    64-bit Firefox poised to launch in the near future: There’s some good news for Firefox fans, as Mozilla seems to have finally decided on officially launching a 64-bit version of its browser. Mozilla has finally reached the conclusion that a non- x86 version of its popular browser is a good way to go. Citing the growing...